Let's Talk About Oneshot Mechanics...

7k health, 35k armor, 7 endurance charges, fortify (50% increased effect from tree), basalt+granite flask, +32%chaos resist, and still oneshoted from a metamorph bullshit skill.
Actually there is nothing we can talk about. Remove these mechanics from the game until it is not too late. Not everyone is playing with log out macro!!!
Start hear your playerbase again before this game will be occupied only from bots and RMT streamers.
I know that nothing will change because the subject is not about MTX but still...
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2020, 7:36:18 AM
It took me a long time to come to the following conclusion.
i wrote about it before several times, and people here claimed i'm delusional, paranoid, and other names.

I believe that the game sometimes randomly kills you as "1 shot".

why?

1. to make the process of level 100 take a long time. GGG isn't interested in players finishing the game fast.

2. to make the game hard. too easy games make player base lose interest.

having said that, 32% chaos res isn't enough.
but i have 75% chaos res and 76% max on all other res, and yet i get 1 shotted from time to time.

That's the game mechanism, paranoid/delusional or not.
"
cjimaras wrote:
7k health, 35k armor, 7 endurance charges, fortify (50% increased effect from tree), basalt+granite flask, +32%chaos resist, and still oneshoted from a metamorph bullshit skill.
Actually there is nothing we can talk about. Remove these mechanics from the game until it is not too late. Not everyone is playing with log out macro!!!
Start hear your playerbase again before this game will be occupied only from bots and RMT streamers.
I know that nothing will change because the subject is not about MTX but still...

Have you ever considered being less greedy with your metamorphs? I mean if you put all the bullshit you have into one metamorph to make it as rewarding as possible you can't really complain about getting fucked.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
cjimaras wrote:

Have you ever considered being less greedy with your metamorphs? I mean if you put all the bullshit you have into one metamorph to make it as rewarding as possible you can't really complain about getting fucked.

Ehm so anyone that don't have a HH and 100ex gear can't do the league mechanics properly? This game has gone too far with such bullshits mechanics. This is not counter-strike that somebody can kill you with a single bullet, this is supposed to be an rpg...
I thought one shots were a counter to logout macros.

I agree the one shots are a bit ridiculous in any case, it makes you play super passive and makes your burnout quick if you are actually trying to level.
"
cjimaras wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
cjimaras wrote:

Ehm so anyone that don't have a HH and 100ex gear can't do the league mechanics properly? This game has gone too far with such bullshits mechanics. This is not counter-strike that somebody can kill you with a single bullet, this is supposed to be an rpg...

If you bite of more than you can chew then the blame is on you alone. If the metamorph is made powerful enough even hh users with 100 EX gear can get oneshot. There is a vid around where one of them gets instakilled at 270k EHP or something like that. You decide what powers the metamorph gets, just be reasonable with it. Your expectation to be able to do him no problem no matter how much power you give him is just wrong. It's a risk vs reward concept, the more power the riskier it is and the more rewards. Make it to risky and you can't handle it and lose your reward.
"
cjimaras wrote:

Elemental damage > juggs
Actually elemental damage > anything tbh

Game just doesn't give good enough elemental defenses.
I can understand your frustration with those hard metamorphose bosses.
But personally i like the risk vs reward playstile.

Eery league there is a mechanic that either is to hard or to easy for some Players.
This time GGG introduced a System that anyone can do.
Even if the have to pick not the hardest organs.

With your defensive layers all up and still getting oneshot is a bit overtuned tho i guess.

You could try to include a self cast Vaal Molten Shell into your build.
With 35k Armor this provides a solid buffer against any hits and you can pop it right before you open the metamoprh.

Greetings,

The one-shot mechanic had been talked since I play the game. You have to realize that once you are in the red maps, NO BUILD is immune to the one-shot. The game had been designed that way and GGG will not change it. In fact, it is one of the core philosophy of the game.

Many times you will not die to one-shot but from multiple simultaneous hits from mobs.

By the way, for those who say "don't be greedy with your metamorph", "you use too many dangerous map mods", etc... all my deaths since I reached Awakening level 8 were to mobs. I did not die once to boss or metamorph.

The current Atlas had been designed that if you want to sustain red maps, you have to use Awakening levels, chisel and alch. Vaal and sextant will help tremendously.

For those not understanding simple math, Each awakening level multiply the lethality of each damaging mods, making the one-shot probability higher.

Thank you
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
cjimaras wrote:

This reasoning is absolutely magic. First, tell people they are not building for survival. If somehow build in question is tanky, next step is to tell them they should not be greedy :)

If I ever have a character with stats like Cjimaras listed in his post, I believe I have every right to be as greedy as possible because I have built as tanky character as it gets.

Not that stats like the above guarantee invulnerability, however, they are above and beyond anything that could be reasonably required by the game to survive.

My bow bleed gladiator is dealing with Metamorph and 3.9 end-game rather well even if I get 1-shot from time to time. I just do not get hit. I'm looking forward to play a build where I would not have to dodge every attack that is thrown my way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info