This Crashing Issue

Is the one thing that prevents me from enjoying the game 100%

When trying to enter into a different area, a popup box would appear telling me of some invalid thing or another, then the game would crash.

Is that an issue with the client, or is my older laptop just not up to par?
You need to be a lot more specific if you want someone to help you. What were you doing exactly? What is the exact error message?
Is it this?

"
If you're frequently getting a "E_OUTOFMEMORY" error when changing areas, you can put -gc 2 at the end of your Path of Exile shortcut (Open the shortcut properties, and add a { -gc 2} after the last quotation mark). If this still doesn't help, try -gc 1. Doing this will increase load times between areas you have visited, and similar areas.
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
Is it this?

"
If you're frequently getting a "E_OUTOFMEMORY" error when changing areas, you can put -gc 2 at the end of your Path of Exile shortcut (Open the shortcut properties, and add a { -gc 2} after the last quotation mark). If this still doesn't help, try -gc 1. Doing this will increase load times between areas you have visited, and similar areas.

That's one of them! Another one involves invalid textures or something along the lines of textures, I can't be sure. Result is the same, a box pops up and the client crashes.
Try the -gc 2 workaround, see if that fixes anything!
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info