3.11 Pillar of Caged God Earthquake/Sweep | 11k+ EHP 7M+ DPS | All content down|Videos

Cluster jewels from 3.10?
"
Disparser wrote:

What about this?
P.S: in PoB i have 1.7kk combined damage against urs 3.3kk.

I like that thread of hope, it gives us glancing blows too, and it shouldnt be tough to cap our block chance against attack in this situation.

If you are on earthquake, i would say the priority of stats on ring has changed into as much flat phys as possible. The change in 3.11 actually hit us kinda hard with the removal of flat damage, so getting back to the previous power will require more flat added damage from amulet, rings.

I have yet to re-optimize the tree for this build this league, but i will get to it soon, although i find that you are going towards the right direction

"

Super tldr; not a fan of cluster jewels for this build
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
"
Astarift wrote:
"
Disparser wrote:

What about this?
P.S: in PoB i have 1.7kk combined damage against urs 3.3kk.

I like that thread of hope, it gives us glancing blows too, and it shouldnt be tough to cap our block chance against attack in this situation.

If you are on earthquake, i would say the priority of stats on ring has changed into as much flat phys as possible. The change in 3.11 actually hit us kinda hard with the removal of flat damage, so getting back to the previous power will require more flat added damage from amulet, rings.

I have yet to re-optimize the tree for this build this league, but i will get to it soon, although i find that you are going towards the right direction

"

Super tldr; not a fan of cluster jewels for this build

Thanks for the answer. I like this build and feel good (except oneshots from metamorph on elder'guardian maps), but i dont feel an effect from bottled faith, i bought this flask but dont see the difference (except huge hp reg). Does it rly worth that 11 ex for now?
I recently started playing the build and am enjoying it. I wanted to play Scion and experience the new 2H+Warcry so this build is perfect. Thanks Astarift!

I've put in around 3-5ex. Not league starter, but still very budget. I plan on investing more. I have +str on all my gear but no %str. Besides the the pricey jewels, the most expensive items I have are the implicit+explicit flat phys steel rings. Still, they were only around 60c each and I could get better ones.

With around 900str I can clear juiced t14s at only level 85. I was feeling very squishy due to my <5k life pool but after following Disparser's advice, socketing a Thread of Hope to take Glancing Blows and Steelwood Stance, it feels much tankier. The 68% attack block (50% damage reduction) really makes a difference. I think this is a must and hope it makes its way into the build guide in some capacity.

I'm also using a Pure Talent to get 1% attack damage leeched as life which has gotten me out of some sticky situations but I still wish there was more leech. Maybe there's a smart way to get energy shield leech as well? With Corrupted Soul, it feels like the life and ES bars move down "together" but only the life bar moves back up. I'm often running around at 0 ES. I don't think swapping "energy leech" back in to the 6L is the right way to do this though. Maybe someone has some thoughts/solutions for this?
Last edited by wilfmeister on Jul 3, 2020, 10:50:11 PM
"
wilfmeister wrote:
I recently started playing the build and am enjoying it. I wanted to play Scion and experience the new 2H+Warcry so this build is perfect. Thanks Astarift!

I've put in around 3-5ex. Not league starter, but still very budget. I plan on investing more. I have +str on all my gear but no %str. Besides the the pricey jewels, the most expensive items I have are the implicit+explicit flat phys steel rings. Still, they were only around 60c each and I could get better ones.

With around 900str I can clear juiced t14s at only level 85. I was feeling very squishy due to my <5k life pool but after following Disparser's advice, socketing a Thread of Hope to take Glancing Blows and Steelwood Stance, it feels much tankier. The 68% attack block (50% damage reduction) really makes a difference. I think this is a must and hope it makes its way into the build guide in some capacity.

I'm also using a Pure Talent to get 1% attack damage leeched as life which has gotten me out of some sticky situations but I still wish there was more leech. Maybe there's a smart way to get energy shield leech as well? With Corrupted Soul, it feels like the life and ES bars move down "together" but only the life bar moves back up. I'm often running around at 0 ES. I don't think swapping "energy leech" back in to the 6L is the right way to do this though. Maybe someone has some thoughts/solutions for this?

To be honest, i like fist of war because it fulfills the fantasy this build has, the big slow slam. If es leech is an issue, we might have to drop another gem in favour of it and fist of war. Else, we could simply swap out melee phys with energy leech for clear then swap back to full dps on bosses
My Builds/Stream

Funny you suggest that, I swapped out melee phys for energy leech earlier today. I honestly didn't feel the drop in DPS but mapping feels a lot more comfortable. I almost always have full energy shield now and can take some big hits. I don't think it's even necessary to do the swap unless I'm fighting a big boss like shaper or sirus. I'll try it both ways and see.

For those of you interested in trying this gem swap you can buy a 6L all red socket Pillar for like 50c. Then you can use tier 1 purple harvest craft "two random sockets - turn one blue and one red" to get the 1 blue socket necessary for energy leech.

To further improve my survivability, I specced into 2 additional endurance charges for a total of 5 sacrificing the "Enigmatic Reach" cluster and some smaller life nodes. I am also using Atziri's Promise in place of a sulphur/basalt flask because chaos damage is one of the major threats to this build. I'm using "Soul of Shakari" for the additional chaos damage reduction. Finally I chose to use Soul of Lunaris because of the movement speed bonus. Getting stuck in a pack of mobs is the worst.
Last edited by wilfmeister on Jul 5, 2020, 11:18:59 PM
What do u think about shock craft on ring? Will it be useful? I have free suff on a ring and i can choose 2 options: shock nearby enemies for 4 sec when focus and +17 str and dex. What to choose?
"
wilfmeister wrote:
Funny you suggest that, I swapped out melee phys for energy leech earlier today. I honestly didn't feel the drop in DPS but mapping feels a lot more comfortable. I almost always have full energy shield now and can take some big hits. I don't think it's even necessary to do the swap unless I'm fighting a big boss like shaper or sirus. I'll try it both ways and see.

For those of you interested in trying this gem swap you can buy a 6L all red socket Pillar for like 50c. Then you can use tier 1 purple harvest craft "two random sockets - turn one blue and one red" to get the 1 blue socket necessary for energy leech.

To further improve my survivability, I specced into 2 additional endurance charges for a total of 5 sacrificing the "Enigmatic Reach" cluster and some smaller life nodes. I am also using Atziri's Promise in place of a sulphur/basalt flask because chaos damage is one of the major threats to this build. I'm using "Soul of Shakari" for the additional chaos damage reduction. Finally I chose to use Soul of Lunaris because of the movement speed bonus. Getting stuck in a pack of mobs is the worst.

We use brutality, dont use atziri promise, we dont want to be in the poe ninja builds hall of shame for using atziri promise + avatar of fire/brutality

"
Disparser wrote:
What do u think about shock craft on ring? Will it be useful? I have free suff on a ring and i can choose 2 options: shock nearby enemies for 4 sec when focus and +17 str and dex. What to choose?

Shock is great, even a minimum frenzy charge is great for consistent dps
My Builds/Stream

"
Astarift wrote:
We use brutality, dont use atziri promise, we dont want to be in the poe ninja builds hall of shame for using atziri promise + avatar of fire/brutality

Good point haha. I was using it for the chaos resist but better to have a regular amethyst flask with shock/ignite immunity.
Last edited by wilfmeister on Jul 7, 2020, 12:09:35 PM
I was wondering what links should I use for Sweep instead of EQ? Would it be:

Sweep > Melee Phys > Brut > Fort > Impale > Energy or Pulverize? Would multistrike be necessary or should it be gem swappable for melee phys?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info