[3.9] Gladiator Lacerate/Blade Flurry/Cyclone. Low budget, league starter

Hello guys. Here i want to introduce gladiator build with main skill is lacerate\bf\cyclone. This build is very simple and comfortable to play for both experienced players and beginners. The low cost of the main items needed for the game will also make it possible to assemble it for almost any player.

Sorry for my english. Its not my own language. I hope for your understanding.

Some time before i already made this guide but delete it for some reason. So now i remade it with a lot of imporevements. So lets begin!

Pros:
+ Very big damage for so low cost
+ Very good league starter
+ You can kill every boss even with 5-link
+ Fast mapclear if u want it.
+ A lot of defence mecahnics (block, armour, charges, blind)
+ Not-passive gameplay (like meta)
+ Damage increasing comes not from expensive items, but from additional skills

Cons:
- U cant afk-tank everything like hard bosses.
- For effective damage to bosses, you must correctly press all burst skills (in total 10 hotkeys for skills are used)

All videos will be attached at the end of the guide.

Which skill to choose?

The differences in equipment and talent tree are almost the same for every skill. The differences are only in 1 stone of the main skill and a pair of talents in the tree. I will try to indicate the features of every skill:
Lacerate
+ More simple gameplay in terms of using the basic skill
+ No problem with mana
+ More convenient sweeping of maps, since the damage is the same for all enemies (due to the mechanics of the skill)
- Slightly less survival than other skills
- Weaker solo target damage
- When attacking a boss, the damage jumps a lot due to critical hits (due to the mechanics of multistrike).

Blade flurry
+ Very strong damage in solo target
+ Damage jumps are invisible, because it has huge speed attacks (about 20 hits per second)
+ Has more survival because it uses infused channeling (reduces incoming damage while channeling)
+ You can change the gameplay at any time by changing to a cyclone.
- Less convenient sweeping of maps (but not critical), since damage to enemies goes along the line, and not throughout the area.
- We need extra talent for mana.
- Need more intelligence (113 approximately)
- For maximum damage, you must follow the mechanics of the skill (you need to release the key on time)

Cyclone
+ Conveniently clean maps.
+ Quick swipe maps (thanks to the high movement speed)
+ Potentially has more survival because you are in motion + other defense mechanics.
+ You can change the gameplay at any time, changing to a blade flurry.
- We need extra talent for mana.
- Need more intelligence (113 approximately)
- It’s inconvenient attack the boss, as well as much weaker damage than a blade flurry.

Features turned out to be mirrored, but what to do. In general, you can try all of them, and then decide what you like best.

I settled on this choice - for the maps I run with cyclone, or blade flurry. For serious bosses (shaper, sirus, uber elder) - change for a blade flirry. Map bosses die very fast even with cyclone.

Items

Weapons
Despite some youtubers who use axes on the gladiator, here i will use EXCLUSIVELY swords in this build. Why swords? Because in all respects, axes are worse than swords:
- Swords have significantly greater attack speed, which allows you to move faster on the maps.
- The main talents for the block are more conveniently located if you take talents for swords rather than axes.
- The own property of swords is accuracy, which makes it more convenient to pass the plot without losing a chance to hit.
-T here are more good unique swords than axes.

This build will use Ichimonji swords, which at first glance do not have the largest DPS, but if you consider them in more detail, everything will turn out differently.
The power of these swords is that they strengthen all the buffs that are placed on your character (the buff is that in the upper left corner has an icon with a green frame). And since we use a lot of buffs, the damage will be greater than that of rare swords with damage of 370 dps. In the pictures below you can see confirmation of my words.

Now there are crit in the build. BUT, I still do not recommend using other weapons, such as a savior or paradoxica. The cost of these items is not worth the damage received. In principle, the Savior is a VERY inconvenient sword, since it has a very low attack speed by himself, and the clones from it do not receive any increases from our buffs and do much less than 50% damage. Also they are very slow and dont help on map clearing. Paradoxica can and will do more damage, but it is not worth it at its price (the difference will be at the level of - kill the boss in 4 seconds or 3).

Damage difference
ichimonji damage

Rare 370 dps swords

Armour

For the slot of armor, Daresso's Defiance will be used, since this armor is the best option among unique analogues, as well as a worthy competitor to any rare armor (even the beloved 7-link-maim-elder). This armor provides enough health, a lot of armor and evasion, as well as endless endurance charges + onslaught when clearing maps (do not pay attention to painting sockets in the picture).
I tried using the Farrul armor, but it gives fewer bonuses than daresso. Very uncomfortable and expensive armor.

Helmet

The best option is the Brine Crown. This helmet is very underestimated and rarely used in builds. This helmet gives immunity to freezing, a lot of armor, health and resistance to cold.

There is also a second option - Crown of the inward eye (a new helmet that drops from the sirus with a very high chance). It does not give resistes, but in addition to a large increase in health, it also gives damage due to its properties (30% of the bonuses to mana, energy shield and health also give an increased damage). I had no problem to get resist cap with other things, so this is a good option. It is also advisable to buy a flask or find boots with froze protection, if you choose this option.

For enchantment, you can either seek to enhance your core skill (respectively, which one you use). You can take whatever you like more.

Other good options include strengthening buffs from blood and sand,
berserk (you can increase the effect of this burst), blood rage and ancestral protector for attack speed.

Intimidate combo

Intimidation is a debuff that increases damage to enemies by 10%. To get this option, you can use one of the following two combinations of items.

Rare gloves + belt of deceiver

This combination is cheaper and less flexible, and also gives less health than the second combination. The belt can also be used when levelling, which greatly simplifies the passage of the plot.
Gloves need health properties, resists, as well as attack speed, or extra. physical damage.

Tombfist + rare belt

This combination is more convenient, and also gives you 200-300 more health than the first. Tombfists must be bought only with 1 abyssal socket, no longer needed, and also insert a gem of a murdeous eye into it.

You can also take gloves with corrupt for vulnerability on hit (optional, you can replace with stones: CWDT + vulnerability).

Belt - health and resist properties.

Boots

There is nothing interesting here. Just rare boots with health, resists and movement speed

Amulet
I use a rare amulet with health, resistes, physical damage and, preferably, intelligence..
With oils, it is advisable to get the talent Discipline and preparation (+400 health) or assassination (best talent for more damage).

Rings

Both rings are rare with health, resists, physical damage. Circles of guilt (synthesis rings) can be used to enhance the herald of purity, but this is an expensive option.
Also, for a blade flurry and cyclone, it is necessary to take one ring with intelligence, so that you can use the infused chanelling of a high level.

I advise you to take an amulet or a ring with a free prefix, so that in the future you can craft a mana cost there ( unveil rings and amulets from Elreon). Craft costs 2-4 chaos. For cutting it is taken - the usual manacost, for a bf\cyclone - the manacost of channeling skills.

If you do not have this recipe, you can contact me in the game, I will help.

Flasks

Two health flasks (preferably with the option of instant recovery on low hp) and the property of anti-bleeding (one can be replaced with Karui blood).
Sulphur flask with the property of anti-curse\armor to increase damage and regenerate hp.
Diamond bottle with anti-bleeding\armor to increase crit chance. I advise you to take the same line for the duration.
The best flask for any gladiator is Rumi's concotion. Gives a lot of armor and block, which is very useful for our ascendancy.

For a cyclone, it is advisable to replace the sulphur flsk or one of the health bottles with a quicksilver flask with a line for additional movement speed. You can also use a unique bottle - Rotgut. A good replacement, and also gives onslaught on bosses, if used correctly, and recovers from crits

Sulphur bottle can of course be replaced by bottled faith, but again, the boost from it is not very noticeable (tried it, it's not worth it).

Jewels

Rare ones with life + 2-3 damage properties.

My equip

Gems

Main skill (Body armour)

If there are not enough sockets immediately, I advise you not to use the portal \ increased duration \ fortify.

Main skill.
Lacerate creates two waves towards the target. Enemies at the intersection of two waves take damage from both. In fact, enemies under the mouse cursor will always take damage from both waves.
Blade flurry - while channeling, deals damage to enemies in the area in front of you. The longer it is channeled, the more damage it inflicts (maximum 6 stages). When channeling ceases, it inflicts instant huge damage. For proper use, you must follow the following order: make 6 stages - release - make 6 stages - release. When clearing maps, fewer stages are enough.
Cyclone - while channeling, the character moves behind your cursor, causing damage to all enemies, as well as passing through them. It is important to remember that if there are no enemies, then mana is consumed very quickly, so it is not recommended to constantly clamp.
Increasing the physical damage from your attacks, but prohibits other types of damage (elements and chaos).
When hit with a main skill, it gives you a charge of rage that passively gives you damage, attack speed and movement speed. The maximum number of charges is 50. It also gives additional damage for every 5 charges (strong with the first 10). Thanks to this gem, the use of berserk is possible.

Multistrike (ONLY LACERATE)- repeats your skill an additional 2 times. Increases attack speed, and each consecutive attack is stronger than the previous one.
Infused channeling (BF AND CYCLONE ONLY) - passively enhances your skill, and also reduces incoming damage. In addition, while channeling a certain time, it gives a buff that additionally increases damage by 6 seconds. I advise first of all to inrease the quality of this gem to 20, since the required channeling time will be significantly reduced. Requires a lot of intelligence (111).
Enhances attacks after 5 for the same target.
Passively increases the physical damage from your attacks.

The order of description of the gems coincides with the order in which you need to insert for 4-5-6 links.

Movement skill (1st weapom)

You can also put Blood Magic if you have problems with mana (I don’t have them).

Whirling blade is convenient for evading the skills of end-game bosses. If there are difficulties when moving on the maps, you can use leap slam.

Totem + frenzy (boots)

These gems are used to cull bosses, as well as maintain fortify and frenzy charges. A significantly totem enhances attack speed, and frenzy when hit by an enemy gives 1 frenzy charge.

Aura(Helmet + gloves)

A banner that passively increases damage over enemies, and so is a strong burst upon repeated use. (helmet)

Herald, which will increase our damage, and also causes minions, which are useful in some situations in the form of cannon fodder. (helmet)

An aura that has two modes that can be switched when pressed. It either gives additional damage or reduces the damage you receive. Maim stone is necessary to enhance the effect in the attacking stance. (helmet)

Aura, which also has two modes and switches simultaneously with the previous one. In an attacking stance it increases damage, but reduces the attack area, in a defensive stance it reduces damage, but it increases the attack area. (gloves)

An aura that spends mana not in %, but in a certain value. Gives critical chance and accuracy. It is necessary to pump only to the level at which the accuracy will be 100%. No more swinging is required (level 8-10).

Defence gems (gloves)

The regular version of this stone is applied automatically. When used, it gives a shield that absorbs part of the incoming damage. The Vaal version is applied by yourself and gives a more powerful shield with a longer action. CWDT must be left at level 1, and molten shell at 10.

Burst gems (второе оружие)

Only the vaal version is used. It has two charges. Usually used only on bosses or especially fatty rare mobs.

A very powerful buff that consumes rage charges accumulated by a mainskill. It gives a lot of damage and attack speed for a short period of time.

Curse

Curse increases the damage taken by opponents. Used automatically. These gems are not required if you have corrupt on your gloves with vulnerability on hit. Since there will be a shortage of sockets, there is no need to use a portal and fortify if there is a curse through the gems.

Not included in other sections, but no less important (remaining sockets in weapons)

A buff that gives additional leech and the generation of frenzy charges when killing enemies. It is pressed by yourself, but the action time is updated with any kill.

Portal gem, optional.

Proper use of stones

At the beginning of the map, put blood and sand in a sand stance and activate blood rage. On particularly fat enemies, you can switch the stance to a bloody one, and then return to the original version.

It is advisable not to stand afk, since the rage charges in this case will quickly disappear.

When approaching the boss, you will almost always have 50 stacks of banner and 50 rage charges.

Immediately after the start of the attack on the boss, we go to the blood stance, activate the ancestral protecton, ONE vaal warchief, berserk, and also press on the banner again. It is also necessary to use a diamond flask, otherwise the damage will greatly decreased.
At the moment, your damage will be maximum. If the first vaal warchief ends, activate the second.
Be careful that as soon as the buff from berserk ends, your damage will be reduced.

To blade flurry, you must immediately activate the buff from infused channeling (you must use the skill the specified time without stopping), and then use the above strategy: make 6 stages - release - 6 stages - release, etc... Note that on full burst 6 stages will be appears in 0.2-0.3 seconds, so it’s easier to catch the rhythm when you need to release the key. If it is difficult to understand immediately, the number of stages is indicated above in the effects.

After the accumulation of 15-20 rage charge, you can reactivate berserk.

Repeat until the death of the boss. In fact, almost all the bosses on the maps will die before the end of the first vaal warchief.

If the boss hits hard, activate the vaal molten shell. It is also necessary to try to constantly maintain frenzy charges and foritfy with frenzy skill.

To effectively inflict damage on the boss, it is important to correctly press all of these skills. Berserk, the vaal warchief and the molten shell vaal are conveniently put on CTRL hotkeys, as I have.

Talent trees

The order of pumping talents can be changed if necessary (for example, too little damage or health).

34-points
http://poeurl.com/cJnS

57-points
http://poeurl.com/cJnR

78-points
http://poeurl.com/cJnP

99-points
http://poeurl.com/cJnO

119-points (lacerate)
http://poeurl.com/cJnJ

119-points (blade flurry and cyclone)
http://poeurl.com/cJNe

If you have problems with mana on bf and cyclone, you can take talent on the right earlier.

Path of building (lacerate)
https://pastebin.com/rYy5TMRF

Path of building (blade flurry and cyclone)
https://pastebin.com/bEFpaYDK

A PoB link points to a character with stronger gear. You can navigate through it, how you can change things to become stronger (awakened stones, sirus gloves and so on).

Ascendancy

Ascendancy class - gladiator.
Talent order: Blood in the eyes - Gratious violence (Challenger of the arena) - Painforged - Versatile combatant.

Blood in the eyes - gives a chance to hang bleeding, increases damage to maimed enemies, and also hangs blind (50% miss chance) on opponents.

Gratious violence - gives an additional chance to hang the bleeding, as well as upon death, the enemy explodes under the bleeding, causing damage to nearby enemies (a very useful and powerful talent that allows you to clean maps very quickly).

If you plan to run maps with a cyclone - you can take the Arena Challenger. It will increase your damage and movement speed, which is convenient for a cyclone.

Painforged - increases the chance of a block, and also allows you to not get stunned when blocking.

Versatile combatant is an ultimate talent that gives a chance to block spells with the same chance as a block of attacks.

Bandits

We kill all the bandits, because all the bonuses that they give are much weaker than 2 skill points.

Pantheon

There is no particular indication of which gods to take in the pantheon. You can take whatever you want.
I chose the Brine King to be the oldest god to reduce the effect of frostbite and to protect against stunning
The youngest god is Ruslatha, because it helps to gain health flasks during long battles with bosses, as well as to get more health with low health.

Levelling

Leveling on this build does not carry any difficulties. Until Act 4, I use frost blades, after which I turn to lacerate\bf\cyclone.
You can use alcerate immediately from Act 2, but this is not very convenient due to the low attack speed.
In the first act, I used frost blades + onslaught + chance to bleed. There, after entering the caves, we take the ancestor's protector + blood and sand + war banner.
In the beginning, it is easier to use a lepa slam, because it is not very convenient to pass some locations of the plot.
In the second act, for the movement skill, we use the faster attacks, as well as add a herald of purity and blood rage. Replace the chance to bleed with melee physical damage.
It is not necessary to use stone and flesh immediately, since problems with mana can occur.
In Act 3, you can not change the gems, this is not necessary. Upon entering the 4th act, and on the last boss, you can start using main skill. For 4 links, you can reinsert the chance to bleed until a multistrike\brutality is available.
Further, in fact, the stones can no longer be changed right to the end of the plot.

Video

Video (lacerate)

Т15 map with Baran
https://youtu.be/M8iECn2i0q0

Shaper
https://youtu.be/_IjjPVldDUM

Video (Blade flurry)

Т15 map with Al-Hezmin
https://youtu.be/yZZvy3guYM0

Т16 map with Veritania
https://youtu.be/EEfSMpQRvfc

Sirus
https://youtu.be/F04MZFSMguw

Video (cyclone)

Т16 map
https://youtu.be/LLNTegikoyw

If you have any questions, you can write in the comments or inside the game. In-game nickname - PoiskDpsa. Immediately I advise you not to run into crits. If there is a choice between pure damage and crit buff on items, then choose pure damage.
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2020, 4:38:00 AM
Reserved
Hi, nice looking build!

Can you clarify this part?

"and the clones from it do not receive any increases from our buffs and do much less than 50% damage"

As far as I know, the clones do receive buffs from our auras.
"
nhantheman wrote:
Hi, nice looking build!

Can you clarify this part?

"and the clones from it do not receive any increases from our buffs and do much less than 50% damage"

As far as I know, the clones do receive buffs from our auras.

I expressed this as an assumption, why the damage is much less than the promised 50%. I cant say that this is true or not. The fact that they cause less, I checked in a simple way - I got up and watched how much damage they did to the boss.
very nice, gonna try it
can you add link for path of building ?
"
Mashook wrote:
can you add link for path of building ?

Check talent tree spoiler. PoB is here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info