Metamorph Statistics: Challenges and Ascendancy Classes

"
I am expecting a huge nerf to necro, much harder than the nerf you did to Berserkers and Slayers. Stay true to your word that you do not want people playing one ascendency too much, which is the excuse you used to nerf those melee ascendencies, and let's not forget the fortify nerf you did too. Look at all the winners. If you watched streamers on Twitch during the first week (for those who competed in Ziz's competition), how many summoners/necromancers were there? It was a disgusting sight of clicking simulators.

lol with the maps using tiles(IE sticky maps) and no real doge mechanic(shield bash and flame dash take time to cast)
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
This tells me: Whoever is running bots are running witches now xD
Does this mean, necromancer gonna be nerfed to the ground ... Kinda scared GGG kills the asceendancy for good if that's the case.
challenges was easy than usual, and its great
"
wizz2 wrote:
challenges was easy than usual, and its great

Thankfully, at least you don't have to torture yourself for meh rewards :) Not that I care much anyways.

"
Dohfugwimee wrote:
I have ONE!!!

We are true MVP :DDD
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Jan 27, 2020, 4:56:04 AM
I liked the challanges this league... hopefully they dont make it harder or more rng based next league.. keep it like it is now.
"
AmaLame wrote:
Does this mean, necromancer gonna be nerfed to the ground ... Kinda scared GGG kills the asceendancy for good if that's the case.

That would be very sad because the necromancer as it is now is probably the better designed summoner I ve ever seen in an ARPG.

So many fun and viable skills and interactions.
The game became so boring and annoying ( you nerfed builds that wasn't strong and let necromancer be too strong, you created/modified ballista skills but they are useless because they are still too slow and have not enough life (I though I would have fun playing them, but they die so fast against tier 16 metamorphosis that it's unplayable and I had to reroll), the atlas is garbage now and the patch on map stash should arrive in december, not last week) with the 3.9 that I won't even try to do 24 challenges this league.
Last edited by Lyonnel on Jan 27, 2020, 5:27:34 AM
Can you tell us the % of 40/40 players?
1) Nerf vs Boost (Necro)
Main issue with Necro is that they have almost zero risk of dying, with few exalts investments.
Necro can get 10k+ hp/ES some necro have 14k+ ES...
It used to be that CI build with mirror tier gear can get to 10k maximum, so that's a big unbalance of the current Necro build, who can get close/above this value with just a few exalts (less than 10).

But the build feels as it should be, meaning progression is smooth and death count is low, every class should feel like this; tired of being one-shotted/dying on every great map/boss. It's too hard to reach lvl 95+ except for necro; for every ascendancy/class, time played should bring lvls.

I think there should be both a nerf and a boost:
- Either nerf the Total Hp/ES pool of necro or the animate guardian survivability.
- Boost all other classes/ascendancy to get similar survivability with less than 10ex investment. With around 15ex investment on my Essence Drain CI build I only got 7.5k ES, while Necro would have 6k life and 8k ES, with ES regenerating while in combat...

2) League challenges and rewards
I have never done as many challenges as for this build, but i have played this league hard.
Overall, I have always disliked this league reward system:
- Reward threshold are too far apart
- Rewards are not always good
- Rewards are unobtainable after the league

I would like the league cosmetic reward system to be changed to the following:
- Have a pool of rewards that are all the rewards of all the past and current league.
- Have more than 3 rewards per league.
- Have players earn league points for each challenge they have completed, with each challenge awarding point depending on the difficulty.
- Have each challenge be completed multiple times (1 per each class/ascendancy combo)
- The total points for 36 challenges (1 combo) should correspond to one minor, one regular and one premium reward.
- There is a maximum total points gained per league (maybe 3 combos)
- There should be different challenges for solo vs grouped, cause people are selling challenges carries...

Example:
- I create a necro and "quickly" achieve 36 challenges, I can get choose 3 rewards from the pool or maybe 2 premium rewards, or maybe 5 minor rewards, from any past/current league.
- During the league, I reroll to 2 other class/ascendancy combos to get more rewards.

The rewards should have more variations: some players might prefer to have hideout decorations rather than weapon/portal, they should be able to choose, or get all additional rewards introduced.
Rewards should be obtainable after league, for players who missed past leagues.
There would be no more threshold but rather difficulty ratings, points would be awarded a each challenge completion and could be spent similarly to microtransaction points or decorations at NPC.

This would mean: -> players will not just play the meta class to get EZ challenges (Necro atm), at least they will reroll and attempt to get challenges on other combos. People will reroll more means stronger economy. People will play more to earn more of the seasonal rewards and not just stop playing after reaching 36 challenges threshold.

However, from the stats we see that around 25% of players have achieved 12 challenges, this could mean that 25% of total players are either real/above casual or F2P players. Then around 5% of those 25% have 24 challenges and again around 1% of those 5% have 34 challenges, this means:
- 20% of serious players have the second reward <- semi-hardcore
- 5% of serious players have the third reward <- hardcore or necro-semi-hardcore

I think this distribution is okay, but I could see this improved if semi-hardcore were to achieve tier-2 rewards multiple times instead of never reaching tier 3 rewards, this would mean that despite not being able to achieve tier 3 due to time-spent or difficulty of chosen class/ascendency or overall lack of skill, they would still be able to earn the tier 3 rewards because they have achieved tier 2 more than once.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info