[3.13] Devon's Impale Barrage-RoA/TS/SA Deadeye | All content viable | 3.5mil+ DPS

I feel like the Devoto's Devotion helmet would be amazing with this build if it has the enchant. Thoughts?
Hi Devon,

Thanks for making this guide to help me with my first character in POE. I started this game during Delirium league and I am still trying to learn how to play the (late) game. I have been doing blighted maps non-stop because I am decent at tower defense. I am trying to use the profits (25 exalts) of blighted maps to upgrade my gear. Do you have any suggestions on what to upgrade next. Ignore the maim support on helmet, I am just leveling that up to corrupt.

I have 121% fire res, 135% cold res, 120% lightning res, -16% chaos res, and 5604 maximum life at level 92.

Last edited by BigLeak on May 21, 2020, 8:51:41 PM
"
I feel like the Devoto's Devotion helmet would be amazing with this build if it has the enchant. Thoughts?

Should be ok, not something I would wear though, build has low life as it is.

"
BigLeak wrote:
Hi Devon,

Thanks for making this guide to help me with my first character in POE. I started this game during Delirium league and I am still trying to learn how to play the (late) game. I have been doing blighted maps non-stop because I am decent at tower defense. I am trying to use the profits (25 exalts) of blighted maps to upgrade my gear. Do you have any suggestions on what to upgrade next. Ignore the maim support on helmet, I am just leveling that up to corrupt.

I have 121% fire res, 135% cold res, 120% lightning res, -16% chaos res, and 5604 maximum life at level 92.

You're very welcome :D

You could look for a nice vulnerability on hit curse ring (if you went with rupture) with that budget. Also what I like to get are corrupted two socket Tombfist gloves. Sometimes you can find the %life as a corruption, then they'll have something like 10-12% increased maximum life, instead of just 6%.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on May 22, 2020, 8:23:17 AM
Hi Devon,
I replaced my ring with a vulnerability modifier (unfortunately I only found level 5). In addition, to make up for the loss of the elemental resistances, I had to spent a lot of currencies on the belt and the amulet. I spent a total of 28 exas :(. However, the good thing is that I have 5855 maximum life and 149% fire res, 133% cold res, 125% lightning res, and -24% chaos res at level 94. I also purchased a +100 maximum life and 248% armor lioneye's vision (5896 life if I put it on), and I am currently trying to 6L it.
Questions:
If I ever replace my boots with less fire res and more chaos res and health, should I go with armor boots, or should I go with two-toned boots with evasion/armor. (I see that your helmet is hybrid evasive/armor while my helmet is only armor) My thinking is that I should use the two-toned boots because the implicit modifier of that boot has fire res, which means that I won't have to worry about my fire res in the explicit modifiers.
Do you have any tips on finishing simulacrum on wave 20? I did 2 simulacrums and ran out of portals on wave 20. I keep getting 1 tapped out of the map by something? I am also going to read the boss guide xD.

Things I upgraded:

Thanks for your help again. :)
Last edited by BigLeak on May 24, 2020, 10:55:37 PM
"
BigLeak wrote:
Questions:
If I ever replace my boots with less fire res and more chaos res and health, should I go with armor boots, or should I go with two-toned boots with evasion/armor. (I see that your helmet is hybrid evasive/armor while my helmet is only armor) My thinking is that I should use the two-toned boots because the implicit modifier of that boot has fire res, which means that I won't have to worry about my fire res in the explicit modifiers.
Do you have any tips on finishing simulacrum on wave 20? I did 2 simulacrums and ran out of portals on wave 20. I keep getting 1 tapped out of the map by something? I am also going to read the boss guide xD.

Things I upgraded:

Thanks for your help again. :)

The base stats are really not That important for this build, I guess you could aim for evasion since that would most likely benefit you the most. I usually just look at the life+resists if I'm playing a life based char. But I think evasion would help you the most.

As for simulacrum, no idea mate. I haven't played this build this league, just updated it. I'd probably try to keep my distance and offscreen most of it.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Hi I am trying this build out in standard and having a blast so far at level 81! Do you think taking point blank is any good in this build? And a friend of mine told me to drop Volley Fire since I already have RoA to do all of my AOE and Lioneye's vision is not needed since I am only using barrage as single target. He also told me to drop slower proj and replace it for mirage archer on the ROA. What are your thoughts? I haven't played the game much so I don't actually know what is the most optimal. Nonetheless thank you for this amazing build it is so fun.
Last edited by Fishyyy on May 28, 2020, 12:36:07 AM
"
Fishyyy wrote:
Hi I am trying this build out in standard and having a blast so far at level 81! Do you think taking point blank is any good in this build? And a friend of mine told me to drop Volley Fire since I already have RoA to do all of my AOE and Lioneye's vision is not needed since I am only using barrage as single target. He also told me to drop slower proj and replace it for mirage archer on the ROA. What are your thoughts? I haven't played the game much so I don't actually know what is the most optimal. Nonetheless thank you for this amazing build it is so fun.

The volley fire is not necessary that's true. I mentioned it to somebody else here before as well.
Regarding Slower Projectiles and Mirage Archer, Slower Projectiles will give you more damage compared to the mirage archer. IIRC Mirage archer gives 27.5% more damage while Slower proj gives 29%. The only thing mirage archer gives is convenience while mapping, aka sometimes it will shoot stuff you didn't bother shooting I guess.
And thank you for the kind words :D
I was thinking of doing making a champion Roa/barrage impale but came across this guide and thought I should ask get your opinion on 3.11 deadeye vs champion damage/survive-ability and speed categories. Thank you in advance.

Edit, Do you think impale roa is better than bleed roa?
Last edited by Keybordtrner on Jun 23, 2020, 4:48:44 PM
"
Keybordtrner wrote:
I was thinking of doing making a champion Roa/barrage impale but came across this guide and thought I should ask get your opinion on 3.11 deadeye vs champion damage/survive-ability and speed categories. Thank you in advance.

Edit, Do you think impale roa is better than bleed roa?

Haven't tried bleed RoA so can't compare because I simply don't know. This one uses bleed only to proc the ascendancy on hit healing.
Do you think Champion ROA/Barrage impale is close to deadeye or is deadeye much better in your opinion? Thank you for the quick answers btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info