[3.13] Devon's Impale Barrage-RoA/TS/SA Deadeye | All content viable | 3.5mil+ DPS

Hey. I am having a lot of trouble on maps tier 1.
If you have the time could you take a look on my gear and give me some tips, I have like 10 chaos to get some new gear.
"
raz_raziel wrote:
If you have the time could you take a look on my gear and give me some tips, I have like 10 chaos to get some new gear.

Make sure you have 3 things up:
-Crit without diamond flask is 30%
-Crit multi over 250%
-Chance to hit capped or close to

Also unsure if you're used to the playstyle, but you're essentially not meant to see what you're shooting at. This is an offscreen build. The way this build also works is - you need to have certain damage requirement fulfilled to proc a strong impale, that's why you go crit on this build. If any part is missing it feels really bad. Your bow is very outdated, you should get a Lioneye's Glare or a Death's Opus.

In my opinion all bow builds feel awful until you get Lioneye's Fall, it sucks that this barrier to entry is there but what can you do.

You're lacking both life and resistances on your gear. When you open your character screen up under Defense you should see your 4 resistances, make sure they're 75% (Chaos -30% or ideally close to 0). Buy a 1 abyss jewel Tombfist and put a murderous base in there with phys damage to attacks and life. Also get a life flask "of Staunching" so you don't melt to bleed, "of Heat" on one of your support flasks so you don't get frozen and "of Warding" on another so you can ignore curses.

A little addendum for the build creator (Devon) - you should add Tornado Shot and Split Arrow to the clear skill part, honestly with 5 arrows being so easy to hit now, TS feels miles better than RoA.
"
SanyaV wrote:
"
raz_raziel wrote:

A little addendum for the build creator (Devon) - you should add Tornado Shot and Split Arrow to the clear skill part, honestly with 5 arrows being so easy to hit now, TS feels miles better than RoA.

Dang, I didn't realize this (or hear about it) I'll have to check it out, I think RoA is doing well for me, I picked up the assassin's ring & a pair of gloves for frenzy charges and this bad boy is rocking along!
"
SanyaV wrote:

Thanks for the tip, I changed the tittle to suit the needs and updated the guide somewhat so people can see these gems work fine as well. You're not the first one that told me this, but since so many people keep confirming that TS and SA work I have no reason not to believe.

Also thanks for helping the guys out :D
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it seems like RoA is always better to use than Barrage, I'm just coming up to Maps right now but I've tried a few combinations of giving Barrage the 5L and RoA the 4L, but the inverse is just so much faster not only to clear with but to smash bosses with too. Even if they're in a 6L together. Is my crit just too low? I can't figure it out.

I am somewhat new to this game (endgame/systems at least) so maybe I'm missing something obvious. Apologies if that's the case.

EDIT: Reading another player's comment earlier in this thread led me to buy Lioneye's Glare and my DPS went up like 30%+ which is nice, and both RoA and Barrage get their own 5L. Still, my crit chance is only 23% and I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to improve that, it was 32% when I was around lvl 60ish I think.
Last edited by tonaros on Jan 21, 2021, 1:59:20 AM
"
tonaros wrote:
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it seems like RoA is always better to use than Barrage, I'm just coming up to Maps right now but I've tried a few combinations of giving Barrage the 5L and RoA the 4L, but the inverse is just so much faster not only to clear with but to smash bosses with too. Even if they're in a 6L together. Is my crit just too low? I can't figure it out.

I am somewhat new to this game (endgame/systems at least) so maybe I'm missing something obvious. Apologies if that's the case.

EDIT: Reading another player's comment earlier in this thread led me to buy Lioneye's Glare and my DPS went up like 30%+ which is nice, and both RoA and Barrage get their own 5L. Still, my crit chance is only 23% and I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to improve that, it was 32% when I was around lvl 60ish I think.

Use a diamond flask :)
Arborix gives a lot once you get it, and barrage will always do much more single target dps than RoA. Make sure you're standing far away.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Hey OP,

I am REALLY struggling with getting a 6-Link on either my arborix or my lioneye's vision any other chest you could recommend? Also, my survivability in maps seems, rather lack luster even when having almost 5k HP. I tend to be getting one shot from off screen far too often.

Any advice really helps, feel free to reach out to me in game if I'm online or leave me a message here. @Celorin in game

This build seems really good but I can't seem to clear anything consistently above T12 maps at the moment. My damage just feels like nothing to the bosses.
"
Hey OP,

I am REALLY struggling with getting a 6-Link on either my arborix or my lioneye's vision any other chest you could recommend? Also, my survivability in maps seems, rather lack luster even when having almost 5k HP. I tend to be getting one shot from off screen far too often.

Any advice really helps, feel free to reach out to me in game if I'm online or leave me a message here. @Celorin in game

This build seems really good but I can't seem to clear anything consistently above T12 maps at the moment. My damage just feels like nothing to the bosses.

Can't really expect to clear endgame content without a 6L. Finish the damage dagger nodes as well.
"
devon752 wrote:
"
Hey OP,

Can't really expect to clear endgame content without a 6L. Finish the damage dagger nodes as well.

Also using two Searching jewels in gloves. Use one Murderous.
How do you take care of the mana cost issue? Build feels horrible to play. Granted I just entered maps, but have sunk ~10-12ex into it and just feels extremely sluggish and clunky.

Perhaps I'll try split shot instead of TS or something. Feel like it desperately needs some sort of explosion or some sorts to reliably clear
Dan_Krillson - Lvl 100 Arc Totems -
#2 Hierophant Betrayal

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info