[3.13] Devon's Impale Barrage-RoA/TS/SA Deadeye | All content viable | 3.5mil+ DPS

3.13 Changes for this build
---------------------------------------------------
- Deadeye changed quite a bit -> rearranged Ascendancy nodes
- Dropped Rupture/Ricochet completely (no more life on hit)
- Damage buffed:
+++ Endless Munitions: +2 additional arrows up from +1 additional arrow
+++ Far Shot: buffed at long ranges (excellent for this build)
- More defensive and offensive options with Wind Ward and Focal Point

Conclusion: Better than before
---------------------------------------------------

Pros
+ 3.5mil+ DPS (with impale Barrage)
+ can do most maps mods
+ evasive af: dodge, spell dodge, evasion, phasing
+ fast map clears (350mil exp/h RoA shenanigans)
+ great league starter
+ works on a budget
+ decent Boss killer

Cons
- somewhat expensive to max out, Tombfist, two 6Ls, etc.
- squishy af with 5k life
- can't do phys reflect and cannot leech maps

THE BUILD

How does it work?

Shoot Rain of Arrows and move, RoA and move, Barrage a tough Rare or a tough Boss, RoA and move, RoA and move. You get the gist of it :D

Videos and Gifs

https://youtu.be/E0LBg90xJ8E - Guardian, Shaper and Sirus kill

Sirus (Awakening 6)

Shaper

Path of Building - Pastabin

https://pastebin.com/7FTcfCDF(19.01. - 3.13)
- changed ring from Vulnerability to Assassins mark (needs to be a mark since we're taking a mark node, sry about late update)

Everything is inside, use this^ I even incorporated the Normal/Cruel/Merciless/Endgame trees and the new Cluster Jewel option! To the bottom left where it says "Endgame - lvl88 - Cluster", click on that and you can swap out the trees to see what you need to prioritize. Also here you can check out the whole tree, gear, gems, enchants, damage, etc. Basically you can see everything that I have and what you should aim for.

Leveling

General tips:

Spoiler
- Use one Praxis ring to handle the mana costs until you get mana leech on your Lioneye's Vision chestpiece
- prioritize Life and Resistances -> a good starting item is Goldrim, you can basically wear it to maps with the resists it provides, afterwards you want an armor based helm with life and resists
- boots should have movement speed -> Wanderlust are a great choice for starting out, later on equip armor boots with movespeed, life and some resistances
- links are important, more links more damage -> at Act I you should have a 3L, at Act III a 4L and around Act V if you get lucky or buy one (shouldn't be too expensive) buy a 5L chest and throw an alch/essence on it
- accuracy, attack speed, critical strike chance and spell damage ALL help you

Guide:

Spoiler
Early on I used Burning arrow and Split arrow together linked inside a Tabula. Any damaging gems will help you, Maim, Added fire, Added Cold,... You can use these skills until you complete the The Siren's Cadence quest, just before Merveil. As a quest reward take Barrage and then buy Rain of Arrows from Nessa. You will clear everything with your Rain of Arrows while you will kill Bosses and tough monsters with Barrage.

By Act 2 your RoA and Barrage should both be linked inside a Tabula rasa with: Maim (act1) + Added Fire (act1) + Vicious Projectiles (act2).

In Act 3 your RoA and Barrage should both be linked inside a Tabula Rasa with: Maim (act1) + Vicious Projectiles (act2) + Slower Projectiles (act3) + Impale (act3, Library - Siosa) and you should have a Dread Banner active.

Passive tree, Ascendancy, Bandits and Pantheon

Passive Tree

Ascendancy

Deadeye

1.) Gathering Winds
2.) Far Shot
3.) Endless Munitions
4.) Offensive: Focal Point | Defensive: Wind Ward

Bandits

Necessary: Alira - help her

Pantheon

Bosses:
Brine King + Ryslatha - Best overall survivability, stun can be a pain in the ass when there are no mobs to kill around (usually depend on the boot lab enchant for stun avoidance)

Mapping:
Lunaris + Gurukhan - Move speed + avoidance (good alternatives are chaos damage reduction and bleed avoidance on minor gods)

All Links

Aim for a 21/20 Barrage and a 21/20 Vaal Rain of Arrows gem. You can also look for Tornado shot or Split arrow if that's what you prefer. Same support gems as RoA with the exception of anything that's aoe.

IMPORTANT: Barrage needs to be socketed inside the Lioneye's Vision chestpiece.

[from most important to least, prioritize like this]

Barrage (6L) = Brutality > Vicious Projectiles > Impale > Maim > Slower Projectiles

Vaal Rain of Arrows (6L) = Brutality > Vicious Projectiles > Impale > Maim > Slower Projectiles or Concentrated Effect (if you have enough int)

1st 4L (or 2L+2L) = CWDT(7) + Steelskin (9) + Ice Golem(9) + Increased Duration(20)

2nd 4L = Pride(20) + Herald of Purity(20) + Dread banner(20) + Enlighten(3)

3rd Tombfist Gloves (can be 1, optimal is 2 abyssal sockets) = Portal(20) + Faster Casting(20) + two Abyssal Jewels (make sure to have at least one Murderous abyssal jewel as it procs intimidate which is 10% more DPS)

Gear

NOTE Rare bows with +2 arrows are possible now! If you find a 350+pdps rare bow, make sure to use it instead of Arborix because it wont have a downside (probably going to be expensive af though)!

Recommended uniques:

Use a Tabula Rasa or any decent yellow 5L until you get your 5L or 6L Lioneye's vision.

Excellent bows you can use are:
Early to mid game bows: Silverbough, Lioneye's Glare
Endgame bows: Reach of the Council, Death's Opus, Lioneye's Glare, Slivertongue and ofc Arborix that I used and recommend.

My gear:

IMPORTANT: Assassins mark ring! Not vulnerability!
Notice the enchant on the boots. This one is necessary (at least merciless lab, uber level enchant is optimal)
Use a +1 arrow corruption on quivers (highly recommended).

Note: I use a Volley Fire Jewel with the "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" corruption. Hence no staunching flask.

Anointment:

The best Anointment:
Forceful Skewering (it caps out your impale)

My personal current achievements with the build:

Killed all of the Conquerors (awakening 6, deathless)
Killed all of the Guardians (deathless)
Killed Sirus (awakening 6, died 3x because I'm pepega)
Killed Shaper (deathless)

Hope you guys like it, if you have any more questions feel free to ask down below.

Check out my other guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2724153

This is what I'll be playing at the start of this league (3.13):
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009527
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Jan 20, 2021, 8:45:36 AM
Last bumped on May 20, 2021, 3:59:13 PM
Another awesome build from devon i can recommend this build it is very fun to play..

Big thumbs up from me
"
Brueballz wrote:
Another awesome build from devon i can recommend this build it is very fun to play..

Big thumbs up from me

Thanks man! Appreciate the support. Hope you're having a blast with the build, love the char name haha.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
es una buena build amigo quisiera que pusieras el arbol de talentos, he vuelto dos años despues de dejar el juego y quisiera seguir el arbol de talentos que usas para esta build si pudieras ponerlo me seria de gran ayuda gracias!!
"
buluvuri wrote:
es una buena build amigo quisiera que pusieras el arbol de talentos, he vuelto dos años despues de dejar el juego y quisiera seguir el arbol de talentos que usas para esta build si pudieras ponerlo me seria de gran ayuda gracias!!

Gracias!
I recommend that you download "Path of Building" and use the "pastebin" link. I will also add the talent tree.
Awesome guide , I will use it as my league starter ;D
Just came here to say i love Devons builds, always fun to play.
What do you think should be dropped to make room for the +1 impale jewel?
"
Wolfye01 wrote:
What do you think should be dropped to make room for the +1 impale jewel?

I'm not sure which jewel you're referring to. Watchers eye? Sry I'm doing a lot of builds can't keep track of everything haha.
But if you mean watchers eye, replace either Volley fire if you don't mind your barrage just firing in a line (you clear with RoA anyway) or the Rare one to the left.

Personally I would remove the volley fire.
"
Just came here to say i love Devons builds, always fun to play.

<3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info