[3.9] Flicker Strike - Oro's Sacrifice - 4.3m DPS

Hi,

Intro on me and this guide

First, i didn't make this build, i m copying what was done by MAGEFIST on his youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgkilB0tJ7A and modifying a few things on it, getting your input etc, i know how tedious it can be to follow a video guide when you need quick access to information, and it's easier to chat here etc, on how to improve it.

It's the first time i do that, so, be gentle ahah and excuse my english it's not my native language

The build basics

Long story short, ignite to get infinite frenzy, jump everywhere until you get sick, die a lot because it's flicker strike (let's be real here), but have ton of fun with it. For the people who want a league starter THIS IS NOT FOR YOU, run away, do a summoner or something like that, you will waste ton of money in this one without it being super efficient, it's "for fun"

Build is based on ELEMENTAL DAMAGE, we don't do physical so physical reflect is clearly doable

The Pob link

Ok, too much blabla, you just want the PoB here it is for the impatient ones :

MAGEFIST PoB : https://pastebin.com/YVbJSbvD

I'll link mine under, cause i'm going to apply some modification to his guide

Mine PoB (i'll update it as much as possible) : https://pastebin.com/RZuAfLii work in progress will post it soon

Leveling
Spoiler

Long story short, it's a pain if you want to level with flicker, it is "doable" starting lvl 28 with https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lakishu%27s_Blade add some melee splash and melee physical, have frenzy somewhere just in case to generate some frenzy charge, and use blood rage, the higher level you get, the easier it will be, then terminus est at 51 to Oro's Sacrifice at 67

Skill Gems + Gear
Spoiler

Main Skill 6L Weapon (Oro's Sacrifice)

Flicker Strike > Multistrike > Inspiration (mana efficient) > Combustion > Close Combat > Melee Splash (Clear) or Fortify (Single Target DPS Boss Fight)

We could win quite a lot of dps by changing it to that, i just need to test it to see if it's mana suistainable
Flicker Strike > Multistrike > Elemental Damage with attacks > Combustion > Close Combat > Melee Splash (Clear) or Fortify (Single Target DPS Boss Fight)

Chest
Kaom's Heart

4 Link
Vaal Ancestral Warchief + Motlen Shell + Increased Duration + Summon Ice Golem

In my opinion, that's one of the link i think i'm going to change, the ice golem adds barely nothing (we lose an average of 4.9% dps by removing something that is dead most of the time) and i would replace it with more survivability (feel free to comment, including the level you think CWDT would be the best etc, i'm interested)

Vaal Ancestral Warchief / Vaal Motlen Shell 18 + CWDT 14 + Immortal Call 16

Used this chart to calculate it https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8vVn6-kn7yJa24tdlhMOVpmT2s/view

4 Link Mobility
Mobility 2L + Survivability 2L (Boots)
Leap Slam > Faster Attacks > Fortify > Blood Magic

4 Link Utility
Herald of Ash + Anger + Precision LVL6 + Blood Rage

That's where i think something is wrong, poe wiki clearly says Gain 15% of your Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage and we don't have any physical damage so i think it's useless, i would replace it with Herald of Ice for more DPS, if you have a better suggestion, i'm open to it, maybe i m wrong, and i would be happy to be corrected, i m new to making / modifying myself builds

Ring
A ring with Curse Enemies With Level X Assassin's Mark on hit and Hp / resist / elemental damage with attack

Blasphemy > Ancestral Protector > Assassin's Mark > Multiple Totems Support

Auras 4L (Helm)
Flesh and Stone > Maim > War Banner> Precision

Jewels : Transcendant Flesh + Watcher's Eye with anger mod (check the pob) + Hp/Attack Speed/Crit multiplier jewels

Helmet : Devoto's Devotion / Starkonja Head / Rare crafted with nearby enemies have -9% fire resist + 40% Flicker strike enchantment

Boots : Rare with tailwind / cheap alternative are Doryiani's Delusion Titan Greaves or Kaom's Root + Fire damage or attack speed enchant

Gloves : with added fire damage to burning enemies / accuracy rating / attack speed / two socket tombist with fire damage and hp jewels

Belt : stygian vise hp / resist / elemental damage with attack skills

Amulet :

Concerning anointment, he doesn't precise any, i went with assassination for a good dps boost, tribal fury seems good too if someone try i would love a feedback
or Fire Impresence

Flasks
Spoiler

My current setup

His suggestion :
Diamond Flask + bonus crit
Rumi's concoction
Cinderswallow + crit mod
Wise oak (fire resist)
Opinion
Spoiler

i would be interested to have your opinion on this one, cause if i understand well from the poe wiki, it's "useless" for us here, considering his pob is capping all his resist, it clearly state UNCAPPED, so if we are CAPPED it doesn't work... am i stupid or not understanding something?

During Flask Effect, 10% reduced Damage taken of each Element for which your Uncapped Elemental Resistance is lowest
During Flask Effect, Damage Penetrates (10-15)% Resistance of each Element for which your Uncapped Elemental Resistance is highest

and then you choose between a
Sulphur flask + anti bleed / curse / freeze
or
Atziri's Promise

Imo if you are fucking rich, get a bottled faith, but if you are, you clearly don't need this guide

Bandits : Kill All

Pantheon : Soul of Lunaris + Soul of Garukhan

Ascendancy : Endless Hunger > Brutal Fervour > Headsman > Overwhelm

Last edited by Cidgeno on Jan 21, 2020, 6:55:02 PM
Last bumped on Apr 12, 2020, 9:04:28 AM
I'm doing this build at the moment. I really like it but I feel like it's missing a little something. I always get either slammed on bosses or metamorphs and one shotted or leech is too slow or I don't do enough single target damage.

I am only level 86 at the moment and still missing jewels. The slayer ascendancy is really nice for this and it works very well. Frenzy sustain is really good.
Last edited by Bigschwang on Jan 24, 2020, 4:23:30 AM
played that build for over a week now.
farmed only t16 and it was very fast!

u should avoid maps with monsters cant get elemental ailments since u wont build charges in the bossfight!

u also should get a
instead of rumis imho.

u want herald of ash because of the great clear and more burning damage and 15% increased fire damage.

if u want to bring the build on the next level u could invest in a

for bosses u take ele damage with attack skills and have another 40 more damage :)

also atziri flask is important for leech and a great damage boost

Last edited by rotheee on Jan 24, 2020, 8:25:41 AM
How do u ignite enemys and get frenzy?
Did that build and cant do that 8(
u have a 97% chance to ignite with combustion.

just dont do mapos with (enemies have a chance 90%+ avoid alements ..)
nice build
Why lion's roar. Considering all the build damage is fire, how would the phys dmg boost from that flask help?
In wise oak, the "uncapped" refers to the resist in the paranthesis in your character sheet. So your TOTAL fire res should be higher or equal to your other stats. Even if you have;

Fire:%76(%176)
Cold:%75(%167)
Lightning:%75(%172)

it will still work. So your overall total fire res should be higher than your resist. You can also balance them to have the same value so that you also get less damage from all elements.
I will try this build in delirium. What side of the passive tree do you recommend going for first? Left or right? Im planning to just level with molten strike until Oro's
But why flesh and stone+maim? This build deals no phys dmg. Am I missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info