[3.10] Pure physical Barrage/Rain of Arrows Deadeye boss destroyer (6M DPS)

Update on 3.10
Spoiler
To be honest, there are no major changes to the build. Besides slight nerf to Precision on lvl 1, everything stays same.

About cluster jewels:
Build is well enough optimized without them. Including cluster jewels which could provide buffs, would probably require making new build from scratch, BUT that doesn't mean there is no place for them or they won't be useful. I see posibility to include them and gain more power by refunding few less important nodes, for example: Deadly Draw, Aspect of the Eagle, even Ballistic Mastery or dropping jewel socket with viridian jewel. Everything depends on what Cluster jewel you would want to use.

Small note: PoB forked include Impale stats and it shows for me that the combined DPS with Barrage is around 6,2M. (Build was being made on a basic PoB without Impale stats included [4M DPS].)

*Major update to gear. 4m single target DPS achieved. PoB updated. Added video of T15 clear + Drox lvl 8 fight.
**Another update to gear. PoB updated. Added video of fights with Sirus, Uber Elder and the rest of Conquerors. Also added "Bandits" section and explanation about my choice.

Introduction
Welcome. After Galvanic arrow turned out to be trash (for me) this league I decided to give a shot to pure physical ranger bow build. I was a bit scared it might be lackluster, especially at the highest possible content, but I was surprised and wrong.

Important note
If you are a new player to PoE, just getting through mid to higher tier maps or you are not familiar with game mechanics, then I would strongly not recommend this build.

If you are quite decent player, but for example you haven't played Deadeye yet, but you would like to face new opportunities, then you may give it a shot.

If you are god-player, familiar with every single game mechanic, Deadeye fangay (just like me), then I would really recommend trying this build.

Let's get into build's pros and cons. It should explain why do I categorize like this.

Pros and cons
Spoiler
+ Boss wrecker
+ Very high single target dps even without high end/crafted gear
+ Possible league starter
+ All map mods available (except physical reflection of course and maybe no leech)
+ Most metamorphs are getting melted with an ease
+ Quite decent map clear speed with Rain of Arrows

- Quite squishy, especially on juicy maps
- Wouldn't consider this build as noob-friendly
- A lot of game mechanics as well as experience as Ranger is required...
- ...otherwise you may die a lot and get frustrated :(

Build idea, tree, gems, gear
Spoiler

Link to PoB: https://pastebin.com/2wNE2kEv

Build idea here is to get as much additional projectiles as possible without losing damage on projectiles (so generally no LMP or GMP for Barrage). Additionally bleeding helps increase our dps output.

Current gear looks like this:
Spoiler

Note to first gear update: Body armour finally changed to Dex's one. It allowed me to change amulet for Aul's Uprising and remove Intelligence from build. With this change, build achieved 4m single target DPS (previously 3,3m).
Note to second gear update: Gloves have been changed. It forced me to get better Stygian Vise to cap resistances. With these changes we are now Intimidating enemies on every hit.

Why Arborix?
Good question. Besides additional projectiles from Arborix it gives us Far Shot and kind of Point Blank buff. We have either one or the other and I found out it scales really good with our DPS as well gives us room to experiment with an Ascendency. More to follow below about that.

Obviously Dying Sun should be used against bosses only, but I'm running it with Rain of Arrows, because I'm too lazy to switch it with Amethyst flask X-d

Try to get Watcher's Eye:

The more mods benefiting you, the better.

Impale lasting 2 additional hits with another Pride/Precision mod is one of the best combination (boosting DPS up to 7M).

Stacking Searching Eye jewels with flat physical dmg is also a great addition to this build.

Gem setup:
Spoiler
Single target: Barrage - (Awakened) Vicious projectiles support - Slower projectiles support - Impale support - (Awakened) Brutality support - Maim support

Clear: Vaal Rain of Arrows - Vicious projectile support - Impale support - Brutality support - Maim support - Concentrated effect support

Additional gems: Blood Rage - Haste - Precision lvl 1 - Summon Ice Golem - Pride

Movement: Dash/Blink Arrow

CWDT: Immortal Call - Cast when damage taken support - Increased duration support - Enfeeble

Ascendency:
Spoiler
Here's the trick with an Arborix. We might not have Far Shot everytime, but going for Ricochet or Endless Munition is a waste for a strong Single target DPS in my opinion.

My personal choice was: Tailwind - Rupture - Fast and Deadly - Powerful Precision

Pierce is kind of useless for single target, but that Crit Chance is a juicy one.

Bandits:
Spoiler
My choice was to kill all at first (2 passive points), but later in an end game I decided to get Alira's buff, mostly because I needed to get extra resistances, but crit multi and mana regen is really useful too.

In short, help Alira or take 2 extra passive points if you are "ok" with resistances and got an idea to change passive tree a bit.

Leveling
Spoiler
There is no leveling PoB. Just aim for getting big nodes from main PoB and you should do fine while leveling. Also use Rain of Arrows and
You will be almost immortal and have no mana issues at low level before getting Soul Raker from claw nodes.

What have I done with this build
Spoiler
Sirus lvl 8 - deathless
All conquerors lvl 8 - deathless
Shaper - deathless
Elder - deathless
Uber Elder - 3 portals left
Delve - currently at 350
36/40 challenges done (would get 40 easily, but I'm slowly quitting the league)
Mastermind lvl 83 - deathless
No Uber Atziri done, because I suck at her and hate fighting against her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Videos
Spoiler
*Simple T16 map clear + 700% max life metamorph (Autistic music taste alert, don't hate me plx, ty):

*T15 clear + Drox lvl 8 fight:

*Regular Elder gif:
Spoiler

**Baran, Veritania, Hunter lvl 8 fights:

**Sirus lvl 8 fight (deathless):
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/ntOg-BEcVxk
Uber Elder >>> Sirus btw

**Uber Elder fight (3 deaths):
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/YWAOy9mhq64
Bring him back GGG wtf

* = video made before first major gear update (No Aul's Uprising, Pride etc.)
** = video made before second gear update (No Tombfists, Intimidate on hit etc.)

Last edited by danioxzz on Mar 18, 2020, 8:11:22 PM
Last bumped on Aug 12, 2023, 2:52:48 PM
reversed
hi, can u pm me for more info about this build? ty))
*Major update to gear. 4m single target DPS achieved. PoB updated. Added video of T15 clear + Drox lvl 8 fight.

**Another update to gear. PoB updated. Added video of fights with Sirus, Uber Elder and the rest of Conquerors. Also added "Bandits" section and explanation about my choice.
Last edited by danioxzz on Jan 23, 2020, 9:03:38 PM
i really love ur build , i want league start with it but i dont know what i need to do T_T
Can you give me some advice?
"
Nowucanseeme wrote:
i really love ur build , i want league start with it but i dont know what i need to do T_T
Can you give me some advice?

Sure thing. Basically you should start with default skill gem till you get Rain of Arrows from quest in Act 1. For passive tree I would advice to grab node called Primal Spirit instead Heart of Oak until you get Lioneye's Fall jewel, this should help manage mana a bit. You should then go and grab major nodes for bow to the right of tree and possibly go to the lower side of the tree. For league starter there is no any required items (excluding maybe Tabula and Thief's Torment which is quite superior to level up with RoA), so try to pick up some rares from the ground. It's good to get some 4-link as soon as possible and enhance RoA with something like Added Cold Damge support or other similar support gems (it doesn't matter that much which one while leveling). You can swap Rain of Arrows with some other skill gem to get better single target dps early on, because close to the end game it might feel a bit clunky to fight against bosses (not required, I've managed actually to get into maps without swapping gems). In Act 3 you will be able to get almost every gem if you complete quest called A Fixture of Fate. This gives great opportunity to get missing gems, for example you would want to get Precision and Blood Rage.
Also about passive tree: I feel the whole tree is balanced well enough that there are no any necessary changes to make efficient league start. If you follow main path of the tree, then you should do fine while leveling. Remember to grab life nodes if you struggle with survivability or dmg nodes if you struggle with dps.

That's everyhing I could think of right now. If you have any particular questions just post it here or PM me, I will try to explain more precisely. Although I might skip new league, however I will follow patch notes and adjust build if there will be any necessary changes (in case of nerfs etc.)
I tried your build BUT with split arrow instead of rain of arrows and i definitely like it. With split arrow the build definitely got the Diablo II vibes I'm looking for. I had to upgrade my bow 3 times leveling, but that was only part of the fun. Thank you for the amazing guide!
Last edited by dreierdeluxe on Apr 2, 2020, 2:06:18 AM
Hey, i'm doing this build, What Gods in the Pantheon are you using?
"
dreierdeluxe wrote:
I tried your build BUT with split arrow instead of rain of arrows and i definitely like it. With split arrow the build definitely got the Diablo II vibes I'm looking for. I had to upgrade my bow 3 times leveling, but that was only part of the fun. Thank you for the amazing guide!

Glad you enjoyed! I wanna expand leveling section in near future, and yes, part of leveling include upgrading bow few times through story.
"
TrepicadoBr wrote:
Hey, i'm doing this build, What Gods in the Pantheon are you using?

For major - Brine King most of the time.

For minor - Shakari always. It's quite important, because of poison immune. If you get for example "cannot be frozen" somewhere from gear, you can change one flask affix to remove poisons and choose the other minor. Otherwise I recommend using Shakari, because poison can be sometimes really hard to handle on higher tiers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info