Refund Point Skill Book Not Awarded from Victario's Secrets

The latest patch added skill book items to replace awarding passive skill and refund points directly.

I turned in the second bust (from the warehouse sewers) for the quest Victario's Secrets, and did not receive a refund book. I got no notification in the chat window (which is what used to happen), and the number of refund points on my skill tree page did not increase. I had a full inventory at turn in, so I suspect that this resulted in a failure to deliver the book to me. Freeing up my inventory and talking to Hargan again under all available topics did not give me the book either.

I'd love to get this point back, but I did see in the guidelines not to expect it. In the meantime, make sure you have enough space to accommodate these skill books before turning in quests.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You are no longer given the reward for this quest until all requirements of the quest have been completed.

Once you have handed in all three Busts you will be presented with the appropriate reward.
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
You are no longer given the reward for this quest until all requirements of the quest have been completed.

Once you have handed in all three Busts you will be presented with the appropriate reward.

I am reporting a similar bug from this quest.
I leveled to 65, had +1 skill point and I did not use it. I then went back and fulfilled the Normal 3 Busts quest which gave me a book that contained 1 spec and 2 respec points. When I right clicked on the book, I was awarded ONLY the 2 respec points, and I still only had the 1 skill point from recent leveling. It should have added the 1 point I had and the 1 point awarded from quest for a total of 2, but this did not happen.

any idea how I can get this skill point back? at level 65, they are hard(er) to come by.

Last edited by DoneDirtCheap on Mar 19, 2013, 11:41:01 PM
Ah! That wasn't mentioned in the patch notes. So upon turn in of the 3rd bust, I should get 2 refund books and a skill book?
"
DanMan5000 wrote:
Ah! That wasn't mentioned in the patch notes. So upon turn in of the 3rd bust, I should get 2 refund books and a skill book?

you get one book containing all the points. (supposedly, see above bug report)
There are three books that can be given out for this quest, dependent on your quest state prior to the patch and after the patch.

1* Skill Point Book (as 1 book)
1* Skill Point and 1* Respec Book (as 1 book)
1* Skill Point and 2* Respec Book (as 1 book)

If you have handed in two busts before patch, and hand in one bust after patch you will get the 1* Skill Point Book, because you were already awarded the two Respec Points before the patch.

If you have handed in one bust before patch, and hand in one bust after patch you will get the 1* Skill Point and 1* Respec Book because you were already given one respec point before the patch.

If you hand in all three busts, you will get the book for 1* Skill Point and 2* Respec Points.

You in no case get more points for doing half the quest before and after the patch.

"
I am reporting a similar bug from this quest.
I leveled to 65, had +1 skill point and I did not use it. I then went back and fulfilled the Normal 3 Busts quest which gave me a book that contained 1 spec and 2 respec points. When I right clicked on the book, I was awarded ONLY the 2 respec points, and I still only had the 1 skill point from recent leveling. It should have added the 1 point I had and the 1 point awarded from quest for a total of 2, but this did not happen.

any idea how I can get this skill point back? at level 65, they are hard(er) to come by.

This is a known bug but is not actually revoking you of a skill point, the issue is that if you right click the book in a different difficulty from where it was given as a reward, it will not give you skill point(s) or update your quest log until you next change zone or relog.

You WILL get the skill point back, as the necessary checks are made on transitions, it just will not update at the time of right-click.

I hope that clears everything up.
Last edited by GGG_Neon on Mar 20, 2013, 12:01:18 AM
I just came to say the point just showed up, LOL, and I return to the thread to read your explanation. Thanks for the explanation!

I should have tried logging out or switching difficulties before posting a report =D.
I will do that in the future.
Thanks for the quick replies! I'll start my search for the 3rd bust tonight and if anything goes awry I'll let you know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info