[3.9] Devon's Physical BV | Occultist | All content Viable | 2.5mil DPS

Not Cyclone this time.

BUT! It still spins (hehe).

Decided to make a decent boss killer so here it is, BV boye.

Pros
+ boss killer
+ can do most maps mods
+ good sustain (leech, ES recovery)
+ curse immune as long as your mana flask is up (95% of the time)
+ SSF viable-ish (if you have shavs ready)
+ 2.5mil+ DPS

Cons
- not recommended as league starter
- expensive because it uses Shavs, Prophecy Wand and Presence of Chayula
- leveling with life first and then switching to ES or running with "Solaris Lorica" and ES
- a tad squish 7,2k ES (+enfeeble)

THE BUILD

How does it work?

You stack a few blades of BV and keep running, a few blades, keep running, boss comes you stack a few more blades and kill it in 2s.

IMPORTANT: Needs to use Enduring Eternal mana flask to sustain mana.

Video Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBC1a5UdlaQ - Showcase + The build guide!

Path of Building - Pastabin

https://pastebin.com/H1VyEyAZ

Everything is inside, use this^. I even incorporated the Normal/Cruel/Merciless/Endgame trees, to the bottom left where it says "Eternal Lab", click on that and you can swap out the trees to see what you need to prioritize. Also here you can check out the whole tree, gear, gems, enchants, damage, etc. Basically you can see everything that I have and what you should aim for.

Leveling

General tips:

Spoiler
- Use one of these for leveling: Mana pots / Praxis
- prioritize Life and Resistances -> a good starting item is Goldrim, you can basically wear it to maps with the resists it provides, afterwards you want an armor based helm with life and resists
- boots should have movement speed -> Wanderlust are a great choice for starting out, later on equip armor boots with movespeed, life and some resistances
- links are important, more links more damage -> at Act I you should have a 3L, at Act III a 4L and around Act V if you get lucky or buy one (shouldn't be too expensive) buy a 5L chest and throw an alch/essence on it
- accuracy, attack speed, critical strike chance and spell damage ALL help you

Guide:

Spoiler
Early on, take any elemental spell or attack that you like. Depending on what weapons/wands you find. Personally I prefer just using freezing pulse until I get BV from the quest The Siren's Cadence, Merveil. Use Freezing Pulse + Arcane Surge + Increased Critical Strikes (both acquired in act1).

Once you get BV, you will soon get to act2. Now you want to have BV + Controlled Destruction + Arcane Surge. Try to have the Flame dash setup ready: Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Arcane surge(lvl7). Get Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice. Use either 2 spell damage wands or a wand + shield. remember that you can try and purchase the Light of Lunaris unique shield after lvl28.

As soon as you kill Malachai and get normal lab done, equip a 4L (GBBB colors) BV + Arcane Surge + Controlled Destruction + Concentrated Effect. For now level Discipline and Herald of Ash as your auras.

Passive Tree, Bandits and Pantheon

Bandits

Recommended: Alira - get this one

Pantheon

I mostly go with:
Lunaris + Shakari - Best overall survivability (chaos damage reduction)
Lunaris + Abberath - Best overall survivability (ignite duration reduction)

Alternative:
Lunaris + Gurukhan - Just for the move speed
Brine King + Yuguul - For bosses that Freeze

All Links

Try to have a lvl21 Vaal Blade Vortex gem.

[from most important to least, prioritize like this]

BV (6L) = Arcane Surge > Concentrated Effect > Controlled Destruction > Power Charge on Critical > Increased Critical Damage

1st 4L (or 2L+2L) = CWDT(7) + Immortal Call (9)+[/b] + Ice Golem(9) + Increased Duration(20)

2nd 4L (Helmet) = Zealotry(20) + Enfeeble(20) + Assassins Mark(20) + Enlighten(3)

3rd 4L = Flame Dash(20) + Arcane Surge(7) + Culling Strike(20) + Faster Casting(20)

1st 3L = Blood Magic(20) + Vaal Discipline(20) + Flesh and Stone(20)

2nd 3L = whatever you want, suggestion Portal(20%q) + Faster casting(20)

Gear

Recommended uniques:

Before you get Shavronnes I recommend using either a Solaris Lorica or a Rare 5L chest.

My current gear:

Solaris Lorica does same thing as Shavs just without the energy shield and lightning res, the only downside is getting a 5L Solaris Lorica is pretty hard for this setup (red sockets).

Use a Rare 5L chest if you plan on using life until later on (recommended).

Anointment:

The best Anointment: (thanks to iGeronator for the advice and the first ever Sub)
Tranquility

Master of Force (BiS after Tranquility)

For both defense and offense:
Arcane Guarding

For defense:
Soul of Steel, Essence Surge, Void Barrier or Sanctity

For offense:
Heartseeker, Throatseeker, Prodigal Perfection

For Utility (resists/mana reservation/curses):
Holy Dominion, Charisma or Whispers of Doom, Exceptional Performance

My personal current achievements with the build:

Killed all of the Guardians (map guardians, shaper and elder guardians)
Killed Shaper
Killed Uber Elder

Hope you guys like it, if you have any more questions feel free to ask down below.

Check out my other guides:

Pure Phys Cyclone - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2128004
CoC Poison Cyclone - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628159
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Jan 23, 2020, 1:27:31 PM
Last bumped on Mar 12, 2020, 9:32:59 AM
I like it! gonna try.
"
Cellach wrote:
I like it! gonna try.

Nice! :D
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
i'am trying this build too. and yes it's nice to play it but my hammers are green and not red like yours, and i cant get both flesh and stone and discipline but iam thinking i neet to lvl the gems up and then it will work?
"
DonEnza wrote:
i'am trying this build too. and yes it's nice to play it but my hammers are green and not red like yours, and i cant get both flesh and stone and discipline but iam thinking i neet to lvl the gems up and then it will work?

Mine are red because I have a skin for them :D
As for the auras, yep you're gonna need your blood magic maxed, all of the mana reservation nodes and enlighten lvl3 if I recall correctly.
You need lvl 18 blood magic for Discipline+Flesh and stone

For the moment i love the clear speed even without full template it's just amazing. Need better equipment to improve my survival but I see a lot of potential.
Last edited by Cellach on Jan 19, 2020, 3:24:05 PM
Need some help :D hope you have some time to look at it
here is my pob https://pastebin.com/wG7m8GBa
my dps is only around 1 mil and your is 2.5 mil and i can't see where i can improve that much
lvl 91 here I just hit like 1.1MIL but the problem is that i feel so weak.
Right now got like 7k ES and sometimes I get one shot by even low tier map bosses, idk looks like the recovery ES leech is not fast enough.
"
Cellach wrote:
lvl 91 here I just hit like 1.1MIL but the problem is that i feel so weak.
Right now got like 7k ES and sometimes I get one shot by even low tier map bosses, idk looks like the recovery ES leech is not fast enough.
It's ES leech, you gotta be hitting stuff for it to work, also it is what it is. Increasing your damage (getting a 6L) will probably help you get more ES per second but besides that not much you can do (remove the extra ES leech node you took, it wont help). But yeah ngl the build is a tad squish.
"
DonEnza wrote:
Need some help :D hope you have some time to look at it
here is my pob https://pastebin.com/wG7m8GBa
my dps is only around 1 mil and your is 2.5 mil and i can't see where i can improve that much
Dude, you can't use two controlled destructions xD it doesn't stack. Use only the awakened one. Replace increased critical strikes with critical damage.
Also why did you take the cold damage nodes to the right and that one dexterity node below?
Last edited by devon752 on Jan 23, 2020, 1:25:57 PM
"
Dude, you can't use two controlled destructions xD it doesn't stack. Use only the awakened one. Replace increased critical strikes with critical damage.
Also why did you take the cold damage nodes to the right and that one dexterity node below?
oh i did remove the concentrated effect support thanks for the notice, i took the 10+ dex because i need it and the cold is now chanced

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info