[3.9] Self-Cast Ice Nova Necromancer [This build does not work anymore]

Hi man!

I'm trying your build and really enjoing it sooooo much, but I'm experiencing a problem that I dunno how to fix.

Everything worked great, just keep my "W" pressed, everything exploded and my energy shield was perma refreshed, everything was fine untill I took "Corpse Pact", the last ascendancy node.

I dunno why, but after 5-6 casts it seems that spirit offering procs got halved, and I begin to lose ES/Life for that. It seems like, when I reach +200% cast speed, the frostbolt cwdt and the offering/desecrate cwdt start to proc separeted. Why?

I repeat, everything worked perfectly untill now, gems are the exact level than yours, I got no phys reductions at all, 0 armor.

Can you help me with any advice? You can find me on steam with the name "L'amico di tu ma".

Thank you very much man for this uber build you shared with us all :D
Last edited by Ginobynight on Jan 14, 2020, 7:49:08 PM
"
Ginobynight wrote:
Hi man!

I'm trying your build and really enjoing it sooooo much, but I'm experiencing a problem that I dunno how to fix.

Everything worked great, just keep my "W" pressed, everything exploded and my energy shield was perma refreshed, everything was fine untill I took "Corpse Pact", the last ascendancy node.

I dunno why, but after 5-6 casts it seems that spirit offering procs got halved, and I begin to lose ES/Life for that. It seems like, when I reach +200% cast speed, the frostbolt cwdt and the offering/desecrate cwdt start to proc separeted. Why?

I repeat, everything worked perfectly untill now, gems are the exact level than yours, I got no phys reductions at all, 0 armor.

Can you help me with any advice? You can find me on steam with the name "L'amico di tu ma".

Hi. I cannot see your character. Make your profile public so that I can see your problem.

Basically, spells supported by CWDT has a cooldown of 250 ms. If your cast rate becomes faster than this cooldown (4 casts per second), you cannot trigger spirit offering every time anymore. The solution is to get more life so that the self damage becomes less than a half of the amount of heal by spirit offering. Get as much life as possible from your gear, and the "increased effect of offerings" helps as well.
As your character levels up, you'll take more life and ES nodes, so this will not be a problem. In the meantime, you can consider replacing offensive passive nodes with life and ES nodes to solve this problem.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
Ginobynight wrote:
Hi man!

Hi. I cannot see your character. Make your profile public so that I can see your problem.

Basically, spells supported by CWDT has a cooldown of 250 ms. If your cast rate becomes faster than this cooldown (4 casts per second), you cannot trigger spirit offering every time anymore. The solution is to get more life so that the self damage becomes less than a half of the amount of heal by spirit offering. Get as much life as possible from your gear, and the "increased effect of offerings" helps as well.
As your character levels up, you'll take more life and ES nodes, so this will not be a problem. In the meantime, you can consider replacing offensive passive nodes with life and ES nodes to solve this problem.

Ok, I think that the spells global cooldown is, probably, the source of the problem. So, do everybody have my same problem, am I correct? If you keep Ice Nova button pressed you start to lose es/life at a certain point, right?

I will do as you told, trying to buff life, es and spirit offering buff! Thank you very much for your response man! Have a nice day!
Hi, thank you for the build! I'm having a lot of fun with it so far, though I still have a long way to go to optimize my setup. This is the first build I've played that made me turn off screen shake :)

I'm still a bit inexperienced with a lot of the fine details of this game and I've been trying to work through and fully understand this build. There's one thing puzzling me a bit; what's the purpose of Spell Cascade on the Desecrate? Since Spirit Offering is limited to consuming 5 corpses, is it just there to have a second patch of chaos damage on the ground?
"
Coywolf wrote:
Hi, thank you for the build! I'm having a lot of fun with it so far, though I still have a long way to go to optimize my setup. This is the first build I've played that made me turn off screen shake :)

I'm still a bit inexperienced with a lot of the fine details of this game and I've been trying to work through and fully understand this build. There's one thing puzzling me a bit; what's the purpose of Spell Cascade on the Desecrate? Since Spirit Offering is limited to consuming 5 corpses, is it just there to have a second patch of chaos damage on the ground?

Essence gluton nearby corpse cap.
Last edited by Gr0w on Jan 15, 2020, 9:25:02 AM
"
Gr0w wrote:
"
Coywolf wrote:

Essence gluton nearby corpse cap.

In addition, if you don't use spell cascade, you sometimes cannot consume 5 corpse by spirit offering. I don't know why, but that's what happens. You can test this in your hideout.
"
Ginobynight wrote:

Ok, I think that the spells global cooldown is, probably, the source of the problem. So, do everybody have my same problem, am I correct? If you keep Ice Nova button pressed you start to lose es/life at a certain point, right?

Yes, this happens to everyone. You can see my ES "dancing" in my videos.
Hi and many thanks for this build. I am new to POE and just started this season playing Enki's Arc Witch. However, I was a little uncomfortable with his new updates. So I wanted to start a new character and came across your extremely interesting guide.
Could you please tell me, if the sequence of skills in combination with CWDT is important and if so, how it affects it?
It is a great guide, expecially cost wise. I am just a little concrened about having the perfect colours for all those sockets.
Many thanks for your reply.
"
D1mka2212 wrote:

Could you please tell me, if the sequence of skills in combination with CWDT is important and if so, how it affects it?

This question is so deep that I can't believe you are a new player. The short answer is NO, it won't affect anything.
As you may know, the position of the gem slot affects the order of the skills triggered by CWDT. However, desecrate has a short delay before creating corpses, so corpses will be generated after spirit offering is cast. It does not matter if desecrate is triggered before or after spirit offering.
"
D1mka2212 wrote:

It is a great guide, expecially cost wise. I am just a little concrened about having the perfect colours for all those sockets.

For the staff, you'll need 167 trials (chroma spam) on average, which is not too bad. For the body armour, you can just use crafting recipe.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
D1mka2212 wrote:

This question is so deep that I can't believe you are a new player. The short answer is NO, it won't affect anything.
As you may know, the position of the gem slot affects the order of the skills triggered by CWDT. However, desecrate has a short delay before creating corpses, so corpses will be generated after spirit offering is cast. It does not matter if desecrate is triggered before or after spirit offering.
"
D1mka2212 wrote:

For the staff, you'll need 167 trials (chroma spam) on average, which is not too bad. For the body armour, you can just use crafting recipe.

Many thanks for your fast reply. This is a huge relief.
I came across the sequence issue when I was reading your guide. I googled CWDT and poe wiki said CWDT follows a specific pattern. So I just had to ask to not mess it up. This is also when I was concerned about having the correct colours (to recreate the pattern).
Once again, thank you so much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info