[3.9] ONOMI's Berserker Frost Blades (Final Build Released)/ 3 Build Variants (60m/145m/185m DPS)
[3.9] ONOMI's Berserker Frost Blades (Final Build Released)/ 3 Build Variants (60m/145m/185m DPS)
[Last Thread Update: Feb.20, 2020]
Welcome guys. My name is ONOMI from the Montreal Chill Club Guild.
First off, I just want to say this is my first build I've ever posted here, so forgive me for the lack of editing/knowledge to present something good. I will be editing this post for clarity/more info/more explanations if anyone is interested.
(Note: Videos are of different dates while testing/creating this build)
Sample of Damage (100m+ dps) & Speed Variants (90m+ dps)(Jan.18):
Timeless Legion Emblems
4 Timeless Emblems (Damage Variant)
5 Timeless Emblems (Damage Variant) (WITH MY GAME CRASHING LOL)
T16 Lair of SomethingSomething (Damage Variant) (Rushed to boss in under 1.5 mins, killed in 5 seconds):
Regular T16 Map (Speed Variant):
Sample of Tank Variant (110m+ dps/7.5k eHP) (Feb.5)
Recent Update Message:
I'm come to finishing more or less my final build and two extra variants. I'll clean up this guide closer to the end of this league. Thanks to everyone commenting and PM-ing in-game and helping me out with ideas.
I want to use a Base Build with 2 variants (i.e. 3 builds) depending on what people want to do. They will do better at certain things, while doing worse at others. The reason I have 3 variants, is because many are easy to switch into with changing just 1-2 items, and about 10-20 regrets to switch into. The build is still based on the core items.
1) Tank Variant:
Most eHP and Defensive Layers. Least Damage. Might not necessarily help survive better as killing things faster can be less damage taken over time. May not be as good as Base Variant, but can take a one-hit and live. Best with bosses with one shot mechanics (but may depend on the boss), and for players who HATE dying.
***BEST VARIANT TO POWER LEVEL from 95-100.
2) Base Variant:
Probably the most dependable/most likely the best at Bosses with phases. Best bang for the buck for DPS and Survivability.
3) Damage Variant:
Trying to reach Max Dps to drop bosses before taking damage (not good vs phases). Of the three options, this build can be one-shotted the most.
***Crazy Variant: 4k eHP/~280m+ Max dps (TO BE UPLOADED)
This is a fun build when you don't care at all about experience, but crazy mapping. It isn't practical at all, but fun to play with. Utilizes Damage Variant but drops sustain entirely. Uses Soul Untethered belt instead. Was able to reach ~200m+ max dps, but randomly could die to trash mobs if not actively attacking (stray projectiles off-screen). 4k eHP/~200m Max dps.
-Abyssus (huge dps, almost 1.5x total dps) vs Energy Shield Life Helmet (~500-800 more eHP)
-Sporeguard (more defense/damage) vs Rare Hunter Chest (more eHP/crit chance)Also, I'd like to remind everyone that when I refer to DPS in this build, I mean the maximum dps that can be achieved within 4-5 seconds. But y'all know this as fellow berserkers :P
Another thing worth noting, is that this final build is highly flexible. I've belt everything around certain items, primarily the Amulet which defines the build, and belt for sustain. Apart from these two items, you can modify many aspects of this build; the build and variants you see are the best combinations I've come up with.
Most Recent/Current POB Links: Feb. 20, 2020
Please read "Recent Update Message" above for descriptions for these builds, along the general Pros/Cons.
~7700 eHP/ ~130m DPS.
~6200 eHP/ ~200m DPS
~8900 eHP/ 60m DPS (With Better Damage Reduction)
Older POB Build Links with Pictures:
Feb. 1, 2020 (~140-150m dps)
The Saviour = 2x Total Dps
Jan. 15, 2020
(The Saviour: DPS Doubled Basically -> ~85m DPS with Berserk)
Note: This Variant is stronger vs Bosses, in Parties/Aurabotted, and used to showcase its min-max capability.
(The Saviour: DPS Doubled Basically -> ~65m DPS with Berserk)
Note: This Variant is more relaxed, faster, and quality of life in general. (I usually use this one for all-purpose mapping)
Original 30m DPS Link (Without The Saviour):
POB Link: https://pastebin.com/55b8L72W
Summarized Previous Updates to Build (useful if starting as League Starter):
Updated Jan 18. 2020:
I have modified the Fake Close Combat Jewel to include the non-Vaal Ancestral Warchief (18% more melee) and Sporeguard's Fungal Growth extra chaos damage (gain 10% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage), as POB does not calculate those two other aspects for some reason. I've also recently got the Awakened Melee Physical Support and Bottled Faith. This has brought my damage variant of the previous ~85m to now ~100m dps, and speed from ~65m to ~90m dps.
I'll update the POB Links and Damage Screenshots later on.
January 15th Updates:
Did a big makeover over certain items, squeezing all the resists anywhere I could.
1. Gave up my non-trigger spell Paradoxica for The Saviour, which doubles whatever DPS you see basically.
2. Gave up chest for Sporeguard with +1 Curse anointment.
3. Realized I've been inputting the Taming wrongly in my configurations, essentially forgetting to tick on that other 72% elemental damage increase (I can't believe I didn't realize). I actually get more DPS out of it than Mark of the Elder I believe, but nonetheless had to use it for its resists due to new shoes.
4. Tailwind Boots (Got lucky).
5. Replaced Helm for a Suicide Helm Abyssus. Huge Dps boost. Hardly notice any particular increased deaths from physical damage. Yay!
6. Some Tweaks in general. You might see a mistake in the "reserved mana" in these variants. My bad. I forgot to delete old repeated gem links of which repeat themselves when you re-import your character into POB.
January 7th Updates:
I've left most of this build in-tact with its original information and left "Updated" in some parts. Here I'll summarize my findings:
1. Multistrike generally better than a "more damage" gem in most cases.
2. Dropped The Taming for Mark of the Elder
3. Dropped Skitterbots ONCE I got my Late-Game +1 Chest. Now only running: Hatred + Herald of Purity + Higher Level Precision (about 11). Please disregard notes on this concept below.
4. Switched Some Gem placements once I got the chest. Now I've put Frostbite instead of Summon Golem (which is now on CWDT) in my Weapon that can trigger socketed spells.
As of Feb. 1:
Was recently testing getting rid of our Belt-Timeless jewel Combo for min-maxing dps with "The Flow Untethered", which was like a 20% more to everything speed wise for half of every 20 seconds. I was able to reach near 200m Dps with some adjustments, but ultimately dropped it because dying to random mobs happened a lot, and that pissed me off lol. But here are the updated adjustments for the normal build, which you can see also more below for the actual items:
Biggest Update: Got Rid of RAGE dependancy!
1. Dropped Atziri's gloves (losing vaal pact) and my Dual curse ring.
2. Brought back the start Oskarm, but this time with dual curses, essentially freeing up my ring slot.
3. Now using Circle of Guilt for a very huge physical damage boost.
4. Restructured my tree to optimize a few nodes, resists, and more damage overally.
5. Realized a lot of things about POB and how it doesn't calculate. I now realize MULTISTRIKE is actually amazing. You essentially have to add to your FakeCloseCombat Gem some new wording.
6. Updated FakeGem (the one for everything not included) to include:
a)Multistrike: 22% more melee damage (overall)
b)Multistrike: 44% more projectile damage (couldn't change the speed, as projectile attack speed isn't really a thing. You look at the projectiles overall DPS now rather than it's average damage per hit).
7.Included Easier Copy and Paste For Updated FakeGem Functionality.
8.Finally got rid of Rage Dependancy. I didn't like that in this build, you always needed to get to 50 rage all the time to really get the full damage. I have tested the tree and combos, and found with this new build the Rage we get now is ONLY TO ACTIVATE BERSERK, and the 10-20 rage damage increase we get hardly gives us a damage boost. I calculate my POB dps now using only 20 Rage, which is about how much we have when we go for that 5 second kill mark.
9. Freeze Lock Test
Every Conqueror: Check
Uber Atziri: Check
Uber & Shaper: Works Somewhat But Confusing
Sirus: Not Able
--------------------------BUILD COST ECONOMY------------------------------
-Starter Build Friendly (<1 ex/0.5-5m dps)
-Medium Progression (~7ex/~5-20m+ dps)
-Late Game (~35ex/~50m+ dps)
-Min-Maxing: This Current Build (~70ex/~140m+ dps) and where I'm at.
(Check Item Acquisition Order Suggestions below for more details)
Feel free to check out the "Previous Build" items to plan out where you want to end off your build. (ex: 25ex vs 65ex; 30-50m dps to 140m dps)
So I've been following the builds posted to try out Frost Blades for a while (mainly Krovah's), and have been messing with it to get a high dps. I still die a lot from lag and not knowing how to fight certain bosses, and by no means am I a pro player, but my DPS feels like Good Sex.
There are a few things I've added myself to make sense of the build for POB, as POB can't factor in certain elements, like Close Combat for example. Please see my POB NOTES at the bottom, as any errors I made in my build might stem from that. As you might read in throughout this guide, that I make reference to lower DPS ranges than in my recently updated POB Link. I kept some of those references in order to make sense of steps leading to the end-game min-maxing, as this began as a league starter build.
- Main Pro: VERY HIGH Single Target Damage
- DPS: You kill pretty much anything within a second.
- Economy: You can start the main mechanics with less than 1 ex. You start to feel the bulk of this build play better at around 6-7ex. I'm currently at about 80ex+ worth of this build, to which now I'm just experimenting with new ideas for more dps.
- Sustain: Generally, nothing really kills you, except Lag, Random Oneshots, and if you don't plan your mods right or never faced certain bosses (especially phase bosses).
- Clearing Speed: Starts of Decent at 6.5/10. If you take Ancestral Call, it might seem like 9/10, but has way lower damage. When you can afford to, get Tribal Fury on your Yoke. Brings it to 8/10. At late game, my clear speed is about 9 without Ancestral Call with all the speed buffs.
Each attack spawns like 16 projectiles, each one-shotting most trash mobs. That's 32+ if you count the clones.
- Facetank: Unless they have One-Shot weird mechanics, almost every boss/Metamorph I fight I can facetank. At about 20-30 ex you'll start to notice that bosses (non-phase) can be fully frozen for the fight. At 60+ ex, almost every end-game boss (if they can be frozen) is freeze-locked until dead.
- CAN DO MAPS WITH: Most Maps/No Regen/Most Curses
- Both a League Starter and END-GAME VIABLE
- MAIN CON: Difficulty with Phase Bosses: As any berserker issue, you rely on mobs for Rage, Flasks, Vaal Skills, and most importantly, have FULL eHP. You'll notice this issue, especially with the new Sirus.
- Health: Since 1/3 your EHP is energy shields, you have less Life. That makes you susceptible to Big Hits/Chaos/Poisons and most ailments compared to 7k Life. Also gives a bit of anxiety jumping around with 0 energy shields before the fight starts. This means having 4-5.5k Life points due to many unique non-life items.
- Degen: Blood Rage (and Rite of Ruin, if used) Degen can become annoying, even when you're rich enough for the Vaal Pact Gloves
- Speed: Not the Fastest Movement speed at start. (Although Late Game with the "Speed Variant" I'm Fucking Fast with choosing 30% movespeed on boots mod + Rage + Blitz + tailwind)
- CANNOT DO MAPS WITH: Any Reflect/No Leech/Elemental Weakness(Depending)
- (No longer an Issue)The Max DPS requires max rage. Some boss you start with 0, which gives a bit of anxiety. (Update: Newest Build is no longer Rage Dependent/Nor uses Rite of Ruin anymore)
A) ITEM SUMMARY
Here's my current item combination. This should be the FINAL ITEM COMBINATION for the MAIN BUILD.
Older Builds Progression (useful if using as League Starter/seeing where you're at in the build):
Last Build (Updated Feb. 2, 2020: (About 80ex+)
Build (Updated Jan. 18, 2020) (About 75ex)
Build (Updated Jan. 15, 2020) (About 45ex)
Build (Jan. 7, 2020) (About 20ex)
Original Build (~Jan.1, 2020): (About 13ex)
B) BUILD EXPLANATION
Here's a quick explanation of the build:
This Frost Blades build revolves almost entirely on the choice of Amulet: Yoke of Suffering. Please bear in mind this was my league starter, so I started it all from scratch following Krovah's Build. I'll explain as best I can the main components of this build that differentiate from the most popular one.
1. Amulet: Yoke of Suffering
By allowing your cold damage (elemental) to be applied as a main shock damage source, you can turn on "shocked" in POB. As well as being a high critical chance build, you can assume it's always on.
The take modifier uses any ailment as a "take increased damage" (aka a Total more damage), so I've abled to normally apply ignite, chill, shock, poison. There's potential for bleed (From Leap) and frozen, but I'd rather not click on those on POB as they're not consistent.
2. Updated: Auras: Hatred & Herald of Purity & Precision
Note About Dropping Skitterbots:
I have dropped the idea of Skitterbots with Bonechill, as someone on this thread said it might be confusing to use with this build. Skitterbots' aura is "always on" generally, and I'm not sure if your stronger "Chill" and "Shock" correctly override it. While that's good for Shock (as ours is stronger), it's confusing for their Chilled (Skitterbots chill = enemy takes increased damage) vs your chilled (more slowed but no damage increase).
-Hatred Max Level
-Herald of Purity Max Level
-Precision: Raise to the highest level you can while having enough mana to perform 2-3x your skill cost or whichever you're more comfortable with. Mine is about level 11.
3. Ring: The Taming (Updated: Mark of the Elder is "could" be Stronger, but Taming still wins for me)
The base of this ring gives 60% increased elemental damage with attack skills. With all 3 damaging-ailments checked, and while working on increasing the damage mods through elemental quality, the ring gives me at the moment +14% increased elemental damage with attack skills
With Quality: my ring gives up to 144% increase.
(Update: Jan. 7, 2020)
After playing further around with rings, I found out that Mark of the Elder (with Hatred Corruption) can do a lot more damage somehow than the Taming's ~144% elemental damage increase (Updated as of Feb.1, 2020, The Taming is better). You however lose out on the extra resistances that helped against certain map debuffs. It's up to you really. I'd play with your POB with both seeing which fits better for you.
4. Tribal Fury
I'm kinda surprised certain builds weren't updated to state the utility of this. It's a free ancestral call. You lose out on the extra 3rd random monster hit, but just having 1 makes the mob-clearing job done all the same. That frees up your 6th gem slot and makes a huge difference in dps.
5. Multistrike vs Melee Physical Damage Support:
Multistrike: After playing around with it, I've noticed more DPS in using different certain gems instead, such as Hypothermia (which beats Melee Physical Damage Support surprisingly later on). Additionally, I noticed that valuing a higher amount of raw damage vs attack speed (while still dual wielding) might be important if you like Chill-Freeze locking bosses. In my mind, the bigger the hit, the better it'll affect Chill and Shock. As you can see on my boots and other tree choices, I've put importance on "increased effect of non-damaging ailments", which also synergizes with other things in this build. In the end, I've concluded: If you're solo, use multistrike. If you're in a group, use multistrike. Don't use multistrike if you have an Aurabot Friend, or if you want to see your MAX DAMAGE on bosses lol. But Multistrike really helps doing shit faster in general.
C) GEM LINKS
Main Right Click
Faster Mapping/Overall Ease (Chest) (4 Red/2 Green)
[More Atk Spd/Less Bigger Hits]
4.Elemental Damage with Attacks Support
Variation Main Right Click (Chest) (3 Red/3 Green)
[Less Atk Spd/Way Bigger Hits]
3.Melee Physical Damage Support
4.Elemental Damage with Attacks Support
Note: Depending on your equipment, some gems may appear stronger than others, while some are just too damage hard to socket the right colors. I have an "armour and energy" chest, and it's damn annoying to get 3R and 3G.
The configuration of the rest of the Gem Links depends on if you have the mod "You can apply an additional curse" or not. The second curse would be "Frostbite Lv.20" which would be in your Paradoxica that can trigger spells.
For Leveling/Don't have it yet
Main Left Click/Travel (Boots)
1. Leap Slam
2. Fortify Support
3. Blood Magic (Slot in Main Skill Bar)
4. Faster Attacks (Originally had Endurance Support but you're mobility is a bit more important)
1. Hatred (Slot in CTRL Secondary Skill Bar)
2. Herald of Purity (Slot in CTRL Secondary Skill Bar)
3. (Free Slot) Late Game: CWDT (Lv.20)
4. (Free Slot) Late Game: Summon Ice Golem (Lv.20)
1. Vaal Grace (Slot Vaal version in Main Skill Bar)
2. Precision Lv 5 (Use lv 1 if needing more mana)
3. Ancestral Protector (Slot in Main Skill Bar)
4. Multiple Totems Support (Needed to use all 3 totems at once)
1. Blood Rage
2. Vaal Ancestral Warchief (Slot Both versions in Main Skill Bar)
3. Berserk (Slot in CTRL Secondary Skill Bar, Pref in "Q")
Weapon B (Important Mod: Trigger Socketed Spell when you use a skill)
1. Summon Ice Golem
2. Vaal Molten Shell (Slot Vaal version in Main Skill Bar)
3. Wave of Conviction
1. This mod is important in order to have these things casted every ~3 seconds. For me, it's a free 800-1300 extra HP shield for ~3 seconds, a golem you never have to manually resummon, and the Wave of Conviction is a sweet "enemies take 25% increased cold damage" exposure mechanic, that procs randomly, but mainly used on bosses.
2. Summon Ice Golem could be moved somewhere else later on to make room for Frostbite once you get the "Can apply an additional Curse" mod on your chest. Mad Expensive yo.)
If you have the mod for an Additional Curse:
Main Left Click/Travel (Boots)
1. Leap Slam
2. Fortify Support
3. Blood Magic
4. Faster Attacks
2. Herald of Purity
3. CWDT (Lv.20) (Free Slot if you get Dual Curse on Hit Ring, Ice Golem Can go back on the Paradoxica's Trigger Spell)
4. Summon Ice Golem (Lv.20) (Potentially Free Slot if you get Dual Curse Ring)
1. Vaal Grace
2. Free Slot: (I use Increased Duration Support For Vaal Grace)
3. Blood Rage
1. Multiple Totems Support
2. Vaal Ancestral Warchief
Weapon B (Important Mod: Trigger Socketed Spell when you use a skill)
1. Summon Ice Golem
2. Vaal Molten Shell
3. Wave of Conviction
1. This mod is important in order to have these things casted every ~3 seconds. For me, it's a free 800-2000 extra HP shield for ~3 seconds (depends on your armour value), a golem you never have to manually resummon, and the Wave of Conviction is a sweet "enemies take 25% increased cold damage" exposure mechanic, that procs randomly, but mainly used on bosses.
2. Summon Ice Golem could be moved somewhere else for another Curse, if you get the "Can apply an additional Curse" mod on your chest. Mad Expensive yo.)
D) SUSTAINING MECHANICS
Off the bat, I still die alot. I have no idea how people don't die a lot lol. I lag a lot and rubberband die plenty, and random one-hits. My build's hp is low, so I can get annoyed quickly with ailments. However, my EHP is still 6.5k. I achieved this through using certain mechanics.
1. BELT: Soul Tether
Simply put, this allows you to keep your leeches past full life (sucha pain not having this), and effective allows you to build your energy shield as extra life. I get a measly 5% from my not-best rolled belt, 10% from master craft on my body armour, and 20% from my timeless jewel. Therefore, I get approximately 4736 life and 2327 Energy Shield, which I hope to bring to a flat 7500 EHP by the end-end game.
2. Gloves: Atziri's Acuity
My god this thing is expensive. 7ex when I got it. I've always wanted Vaal Pact in the build, but it was such a dangerous mechanic to have while Delving or waiting out the Boss phases. Besides Blood Rage and the Berserker Rage Degen eating your hp between monster kills, moving anywhere without full life is just anxiety.
With these gloves, your Vaal Pact turns off after 4 seconds of not hitting anything, which is roughly the same time your leeches wear off too. This is perfect so your natural crappy regen takes effect, leaving you full life for the next wave.
Starting a Fight/Between Monster Waves
You always start your fight at only ~4700 Life. With that in mind, it's best to pop your flasks before you leap in just to be safe from those first big hits. Also, it might be wise, after flasking, to leap a bit away from enemy monsters and attack further away, just to start the energy shield leeching early, that way your first hit will be on 7k EHP than only 4.7k HP.
Between monster waves on maps, I'd suggest popping your flasks every so often, especially if it's been more than 5 seconds since hitting your last monster and have no leeching life in reserve. Save a full load though if you know the bosses are coming up.
Dangerous Rare/Unique Boss/Map Boss/Metamorph/Exile Boss
STEPS ROTATION BEFORE BIG FIGHT:
This is the normal rotation I do, with optimal circumstances.
- You hit the last monster within the last 4 seconds (for leeches)
- You have all your Vaal Skills ready to use instead of empty
(Depending on if the boss takes a while to spawn, or is already ready to fight)
Have your leeches still running hopefully and POP your buffs in this order (which you can customize your skill bar with my recommendations in the Gem Links Section):
1. Put down Ancestral Protectors (will spawn 2)
2. Put Down Ancestral Warchief
3. Put down Vaal Ancestral Warchief
4. Pop all 4 battle flasks (your 5th is your HP potion in case)
5. Pop all 3 Vaal Skils
6. Leap into into boss and start holding right click.
7. Depending on boss, I'd recommend to always leap diagonally of the boss every 3 seconds; refreshes fortify, might dodge some shit you didn't notice eating your health)
8. Wait about 3-5 seconds after you start hitting or until your Rage is 50, then get ready to use Berserk. If the boss is dying within 2 seconds, don't pop it. If the boss suddenly starts doing something that makes you lose your health fast, pop it. If it's a map boss, you generally want to save your berserk for the Metamorph after, but don't take your chances with dying.
I generally try to do my Map Boss midway through the map if I found it early, so I don't have to fight the Metamorph Boss right after, which is normally the case. If you know your boss isn't a problem for you, save your Vaal Buffs from Step 5, as usually the Metamorph boss is a lot harder)
E) Item Acquisition Order Suggestions
Here's a list I'd suggest to focus on getting first, in order. These prices are what I remember seeing, more or less, as of this league on Jan. 1,2020 :
Starter (<65 chaos):
1. Tabula Rasa (10c?)
2. Soul Tether (15-30c)
3. Yoke of Suffering ( only 30c! wtf I got it for an 1ex :( )
4. Oskarm Gloves (5c: for Assasin's Mark)
5. 2x Scaeva to start (2c: try to put all green sockets for both)
6. Abyssus (~5c)
1. Paradoxica with "Trigger Spell" mod with 140-150+ PDS (<1ex)
2. 150+ PDS normal Paradoxica (pref stronger). Try to get Blind on one of them, Poison on another (need %chance to poison somewhere to proc an additional ailment for Amulet's function). On the normal one, try to get higher critical chance.
3. 6L Chest: pref with at least 100 flat life, with an empty Prefix to put "Gain 10% of Maximum Life as extra maximum energy shields" mod (1ex-3ex without mod) (~1 ex)
4. Shaper's Touch (5-50c) to replace Oskarm. You only get these if your able to afford Item#5's ring. This will boost your current energy shields by almost half.
5. Shaper Ring with Assasin's Mark: (30c up to 3ex) depends on stats/resistances you need to cover for your build. I also put my one source of fire damage here, to get that ignite ailment for Amulet)
6. The Taming: (1-2ex) Make sure you get a good roll on the 20-30% elemental resistances.
End-Game: (This was Prior to Jan.15. Please consult the end-game item build above to judge appropriate end-game items)
1. Atziri's Acuity (7ex): You replace Shaper's Touch gloves. You'll lose a bit of a chunk of Energy Shields, but you now have double life leached. That's regaining your entire pool within 7 seconds, to about 3 seconds (which can change everything in boss fights). You also don't need to worry about vaal pact fucking you up between fights as it will turn off the same time as your leeches.
2. 6L Chest with 100+ life and "apply 1 additional curse" (if possible also +% to critical chance) (5ex) OR: Sporeguard with "Whispers of Doom" Anointment (+1 curse) for 6-8 ex
3. The Saviour (HUGE DPS BOOST: 12-15ex)
4. Tailwind Boots (might need to build your own with Hunter Influence, preferably on Two-Toned Boots, as your resists might suffer trying to slot this in; 3-10ex+)
5. Better Shaper Ring: I crafted double "Curse on hit" mods, Assasin's Mark and Elemental Weakness from Shaper ring, Awakener Orb, and Hunter ring, and just built it myself. Warning, for some reason, not Frostbite doesn't will not ever be present on a ring with Assassin's Mark, no idea why but tried and lost money lol. Shaper Ring (ilvl 80+: 5-20C) + Awakener's Orb (~220c) + Hunter Ring (ilvl 80+:5-20c) + Alterations Orbs (Maybe 200-500). Then you can either Multi Mod it or Chance it with Exalts. I got lucky with exalts.
6. Awakened Melee Physical Support: This is the only Awakened Gem at the moment that we can use nicely. It basically let's us tick off "intimidate" with no work to move gear and resists around to get it. Hella expensive. 8-10Ex.
7. Since you're probably rich now, try to get your Abyssus with one of the following added components: Enchantment 30% effect to Your Curses (could be Assassin's Mark (Prob best choice), Frostbite, Elemental Weaknesses).
8. Bottled Faith: Huge Dps Boost, but I'm not too happy about having it. This thing is great for bosses for our build, but it's a lil wonky for everything else. It requires you to stay on that ground to get the boost, whereas I generally pop flasks and run smash run, so it's up to you. HELLA expensive at like 14ex (Hence last on this list/Not necessary).
F) SKILL BAR/FLASKS PLACEMENT:
Main Skill Bar:
Ctrl Secondary Skill Bar:
*Update Note: Replace Skitterbots with Herald of Purity
F) POB NOTES:
-How To Add Proper Fake Jewels (ex: For Close Combat)
-What To Click on for POB's Configurations Tab
1. Close Combat + Ancestral Warchief + Fungal Ground:
I added the mechanic of this gem on the middle right side of the tree, using the "projectile" socket route. There should be a very small margin of DPS error due to trying to slot a FAKE jewel that has "59% more melee damage" to make up for the lack of response of adding a Close Combat Gem in POB. While it's true this damage drops as the enemy is further away, I generally leap into rares/uniques within the 15 cell range. All other crappy minion monsters die anyway from the projectiles, so the added DEX and Projectile damage is completely negligible. As mentioned before, we use 3 different kinds of totems before a boss fight (normally just 2 for regular hard mob waves): Ancestral Warchief, Ancestral Protector, and Vaal Ancestral Warchief. These two Warchiefs work at the same time, along with Protector (as we used Multiple Totems Support which allows us to use all 3). POB always makes Vaal Ancestral Warchief override the non-vaal version, even if you click on both. So I added it into this jewel. Also, POB doesn't have a configuration for Fungal Ground, which lets you gain a sort of overall DPS more as Chaos. I added that into this Gem as well.
2. Timeless Jewel: Glorious Vanity
At the bottom right of the tree, you'll see another FAKE jewel I've put in, with evasion nodes that aren't that on my screen, as POB doesn't really get timeless jewels. I don't really have evasion, so those factors are neglible. On my in-game tree, I get 7% increased physical damage, +10% lightning resistance, +6% chance to ignite, and then finally the "Corrupted Soul" function, which is an extra 20% energy shield that I mentioned earlier. The nodes leading up to his are kinda negligible for the build besides the small lightning resistance.
Easier Method: Create a non-abyss, rare jewel, then Copy and Paste Everything in the drop-down spoiler. The Custom Mod Wording works if the specific Mod APPEARS IN BLUE. If it appears in red, it means it has no idea what you're trying to do:
For Timeless Jewel:
Gain 20% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield
For Everything Else (must use Multistrike):
Custom MoD ***CloseCombat
59% more melee damage
Custom MoD ***Regular Ancestral Warchief
18% more Melee Damage
Custom MoD ***Sporeguard Fungal Ground
gain 10% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage
Custom MoD ***Multistrike
22% more melee damage
Custom MoD ***FrostBladesProjectileDPSMultiStrikeCorrection (Don't look at damage, only dps)
44% more projectile damage
Please note that the guide below was written way before the end of the build, therefore some aspects have changed for the final build setup, including items, gem choices, and tree nodes.
Berserker Ascendency Order:
Crave The Slaughter/Rite of Ruin/Aspect of Carnage/Flawless Savagery (Or Pain Reaver If you want better leach)
SKILL TREE PROGRESSION: Might Need to Zoom in (Hold Ctrl + MouseScrollUp)
*BOTH PASTEBINS AT THE TOP INCLUDE THE LEVELING GUIDE IN DETAIL.
I've included in-progression pathway as well in the top POB links. Just click on the bottom left when you open it up, and switch Tree View to either "Start, Mid, Before Maps, End-Game." In the POB, there's some Notes from here included.
Special Mention: matthew24906793 (For helping me sort out POB guide)
This all depends on if you're going into this build as a second character with money or your league starter. Either way, try to get a Tabula as quick as you can (~10c). I'll write this mini-guide as if you're poor though, as that's how I started it.
Use Molten Strike From Quest: Has AOE built-in.
(+Socket Onslaught/Ancestral Call)
With Tabula as you level to 24 (since #sockets on regular trash gear is limited to level, i.e. max 3/4):
Moltenstrike+Onslaught+AncestralCall: you can add: added fire damage support/
Auras: (Use Precision/War Banner for now)
Once you reach Act 3, Frost Blades is minimum Level 24 to use. You can wait till act 3 to get it from a quest, or you can buy it on Trades whenever you reach that level.
Once Act 2, use Herald of Purity. You can also use Ash/Ice as you wish. (Ice is garbage later) You can start using Blood rage, and the 6L below (in that order of however max slots you have)
6L: Molten Strike/Anc.Call/Onslaught/Rage/Ele.Dmg.W.Atks.Support/FasterAtks
Once you have Frost Blades, you can use the 6L below (in that order of however max slots you have).
Anc.Call: Clear Speed
Onslaught: Until you get a jewel with it, try to use the SKILL TREE to get it at the bottom right so you can unslot it in your 6L. It helps a lot for map speed.
Rage: Helps build up some extra rage. Once you become berserker, the gem becomes more important. Until then, it's just slightly extra damage, but mind as well level it up now.
Near-End of Campaign, you should switch up to this once gems are available. I recommend getting the Onslaught
6L: FrostBlades/Anc.Call/Multistrike/Rage/Ele.Dmg.W.Atks.Support/Melee Physical Support(Or CloseCombat, as you wish, same principle for both)
See above for the order of Budget Build Items to get first. Mainly the belt and the amulet. Try to get "Tribal Fury" asap on your amulet, so you can de-slot Anc.Call for Ruthless.
Pantheons: Major: Soul of Solaris, Minor: Soul of Shakari
Bandits: Kill All
I) BUILD VARIATIONS/IDEAS
1. The Main build is highly flexible, you can modify the nodes on the edges of the tree for whatever you like. I created the Tanky and Damage variants to be the better combinations, steering away from the main build but still keeping almost all of the main equipment items.
2. Switch up Abyssus for ES Life Helm
-Used mainly in Tanky Build. Lose 40% damage for more life and damage reduction.
3.END-GAME-ITEM-I-COULDN'T-GET: The God Tier item that doesn't seem to exist even in standard, is a YOKE amulet with the tribal fury annoint, BUT WITH A CORRUPTION FOR AN ADDITIONAL CURSE. I've gone through about 15 Yokes and gave up. To give you an idea, if you we're to equip that, get your 3rd Curse on your Paradoxica to cast as Frostbite, the dps of 200m would reach almost 280m. It's nuts.
If there are any significant errors I've made, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions to do even more damage, I'd be much appreciated. I'd also like to apologize for the updates in this thread. First time making a build, while progressing/making changes to it through time. There might be some concepts (ex: skitterbots) that I've deleted that some parts of this original post may refer to.
*Special Thanks to: "UNLE4SHED" for helping fund this build lmao.
And if you have any questions, you can message me in the current Metamorph league:
Current Character: CHILLCLUB_METAMORPH
Again, thanks for reading, and have a Happy New Year.
Last edited by onomi on Feb 27, 2020, 8:16:55 PM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2020, 9:47:53 AM
on Jan 1, 2020, 5:35:31 PM
I love frost blades and the feeling of playing it, the clear speed, the spread cover and such.
First impression is that your build is solid, berserker is a no miss when it comes to fast damage imput and speeding through maps.
Few things I could add:
-I believe a rare amulet with nice damage mods and a good flat live would benefit more in matters of damage/survival. As for annoitment I would rather go for a damage one(throat seeker, fatal blade etc) It kinda feels like a waste using such a nice mechanic to add just a single extra target to our frost blades, in time, awakened ancestral call would be a nice fit for those who dont mind swapping gems every once in a while for increasing single target (honestly, most of the times you won't even need to swap gems)
-Aspect of Carnage/Pain Reaver -/- Blitz and Savagery, IMO you could test around both ascendanscy ways, to be honest I'd feel Blitz way is a little better, we get more benefits since we still have to run maps fast, so might as well gain more added buffs
-Like you said in gearing, a nice crafted flat crit/hp pool with maybe extra curse chest might be an extra step foward endgaming maxing, I would like to see that in this build.
Overall I just gave my impressions looking from above did not went on PoB and etc, I will probably give a try to Zerker sooner or later this league and I feel like frost blades fit nicely.
Last edited by Mukee on Jan 2, 2020, 4:06:27 PM
on Jan 2, 2020, 4:03:46 PM
Thanks for the reply Mukee.
I was thinking of a strong nice damage amulet instead, but I'm too afraid of giving up that "elemental damage shocks" part.
I tried out the other ascendancy combos, but didn't feel it right. I'd def agree that Blitz charges make the quality of life of clearing a lot easier in the speed, which I definitely lack. I find though I'd rather keep the bigger hits (For strong chills/freezes/shocks), and maybe keep multistrike in for clearing.
Still playing around with it though. Thanks again for the helpful suggestions though.
on Jan 4, 2020, 3:58:14 PM
nice jewel - 59% more melee damage
on Jan 4, 2020, 5:41:06 PM
Close combat for POB. I wrote why in the post.
on Jan 4, 2020, 6:16:07 PM
nice jewel - 59% more melee damage
Mayb instead of being ironic read the guide. Close Combat doesnt get calculated in PoB so he added the jewel.
on Jan 4, 2020, 6:17:26 PM
Do those paradoxica still overrule let's say a dual wield 450 pdps with 1.9As jeweleed foils?
To go for better dps is flat phys the best mod to get?
on Jan 4, 2020, 6:19:36 PM
Hey Bjerg! Thanks for your interest in my build.
I'd undoubtedly imagine that a foil with higher than 400 pdps would shine better in the main hand for sure. I just used a dual paradoxica cause an okay one is about less than 1 ex, and a good 420-450 foil could be anywhere from 3-7ex. Since I have a bit of +# flat physical damage to attacks, it benefits a bit more. I'm still pretty poor.
For DPS though it's tricky I find on what I want to focus:
Atk Speed: Comfortable mapping/Faster Rage Gain/Better Survivability (Using Multistrike)
Bigger Hits: Slower/Clunky/Freeze, Chill, and Shock benefit a lot more (Not Using Multistrike)
I guess it depends on what you want. The Bigger Hits focus though gets higher DPS for me, but I always end up putting multistrike back on for mapping. ALthough, with Bigger Hits, you see Bosses freezing even, it's pretty funny.
If you want, you can always PM me in game: @ONOMI
on Jan 4, 2020, 11:32:37 PM
on Jan 5, 2020, 12:22:17 PM
Have you tried this build with the saviour?
on Jan 7, 2020, 12:17:43 PM