[3.12] Brittleknee's Darkness Farmer - 200+ Depth, Fossils, Resonators, Currency - Video Included!

"
midfaze wrote:
Hi, new to the darkness farming scene. currently, LVL. 77 with all gears acquired, what's the minimum level to start farming (while comfortable) in terms of the passive tree? Thanks, looking forward to this build!

Its descriped in the spoiler "basic lady" You should have atleast lvl 82

"
izolup wrote:
Hello! Thanks for the build, I'm working on it.
May I ask, is the # on Militant Faith important?
Or are important only the stats?

Can't wait to make it run :)

The numbers are just flavor text. The important part is the Name of the Emperor and the stats its giving you (2% to resistance and so on)
I was able to farm depth 150 comfortably with 3 unused jewel sockets until i switched to seven league steps and used the jewels to cap resists, so i´d say it is possible to make it work before 82.
However, if you want to get more speed out of it by using seven league steps or just in general be more safe for deeper delve, it´s much easier to gear with 82+ and a few more sockets and nodes.
Last edited by LastGrizzlycorn on Jan 14, 2020, 6:54:33 PM
Hey, just got my Scion ready and started to run and get used to it. I have 2 questions though. First, what do you think is the most profitable biome and how do you choose a route? I am still unsure about that, thought I wanted the frost one, but I found nothing there, petrified forest was much better. Was that just bad luck?

Second question: Of course you can run through the darkness, but what you can also do, is first do a route you want to farm with your main char, but without breaking any walls. Then the main way is lit, and you can look only in the dark parts, it is just safer, You never need flares and you better find your way. Is there something that is speaking against it? Is there less stuff with the main way lit? I had a good experience trying it today.
Whats the point of taking Aqueous Accelerant? Doesnt the Militant Faith Jewel make it kinda useless?
"
Sisko1980 wrote:
First, what do you think is the most profitable biome and how do you choose a route?

Is there less stuff with the main way lit?

The most profitable biome is a determination of how fast you can run it, a long route with few walls (and thus more places for possible spawns), and how valuable the fossils are. The current resonator prices and purchasing resonators with excess azurite is going to be the majority of your profits. So, at that point its just which biome can you read better, which has the better pathway.

You lose your pathway loot which includes places where fossils and resonator stashes could spawn.

I'm updating the guide to show a route I found and am currently farming.

"
cr4ck4r wrote:
how much chaos/hour is doable as a beginner?

If it is being covered up/changed, then your jewel has a bad seed. The base passive unchanged is remarkably strong. Agnostic is Synergistic, but make no mistake, mana flasks and Indigon are doing most of the work.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Hello, let me show you my gear, maybe you can give me a tip.
I get eaten at 180 darkness and I don't know why anymore.

I miss the 2nd clarity on watcher, but it still seems like a big difference.

Hope you can help :) It's fun, but kinda difficult to run in peace. Depth 206.
"
izolup wrote:
Hello, let me show you my gear, maybe you can give me a tip.
I get eaten at 180 darkness and I don't know why anymore.

I miss the 2nd clarity on watcher, but it still seems like a big difference.

Hope you can help :) It's fun, but kinda difficult to run in peace. Depth 206.

You probably need more Darkness Resistance, make sure you have 75% at the Voltaxic Generator for the Depth you're running at.

If you are darkness capped then double check your zone mods. While the obvious ones are hexproof or dodge chance is unlucky, damage as extra, turbo, or crit can sometimes lead to the occasional boop.

Gear looks solid, so unless it's something with the tree, it may be one of those two things if I had to guess.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Finding good spots is so hard :(
Thanks for the build, it's fantastic. Every league I dig "deep" and full explore all side areas/chests to 600-1000 anyway. This is like the more fun side quest/game. Has the same feels as Harbour Bridge currency printing in Betrayal. 300-400c/hr, mainly 1 socket resonators, which are easy to sell 20 at a time for ~60c right now. Above all, the loot is readily trade-able and the profit is more tangible+condensed to a small variety of items, as opposed to map loot where it's easy to end up with a lot of crap that either never gets traded, or takes hours dedicated to pricing, listing and trading each card/fragment/essence/etc.

------------------------------------------

I leveled to 90, initially just for higher life and to add Acro/Phase Acro. Then I experimented and changed a lot in POB before re-speccing. No reduced mana reservation OR aura-effect/"buff" scaling, so:

-Replaced Ichimonjis with Allure + Perepiteia (a la labrunners)
-More natural life/mana nodes, and jewels with life/mana/resists
-Dropped Empower/Hex Master = Skittering Ruins and Inc AOE w/ Temp Chains
-Added Phase Acro, extra Duration wheel, whole Fleetfoot wheel
-Allocated Freedom of Movement instead of Fleetfoot

-I also added Smoke Mine (+Inc Duration +Efficacy +Empower), which gives 32ms for 15 seconds. Another idea from lab running, and pretty easy to keep up.

Currently sitting at 4440 life, 2500 unreserved mana, and 359% movespeed with all buffs up. That doesn't include Soul of Lunaris/Garukhan. I'm also missing the lab enchant on my boots, and could probably also use String of Servitude (~35ms) without any real detriment at <300 depth. I usually make it to ~200 darkness tacks before flaring. The only other thing I want to add is a CWDT + Immortal Call, maybe Withering Step?

POB for my character @Fuckology level 90: https://pastebin.com/HRX7SbAP

I had the 5L Qotf and Seven-League Steps. Bought everything else, including leveled gems, for maybe 400-500c. Tried to get high rolls where I could, but bought the Peripiteia for the implicits and Divined it to 18%.

-------------------------------------

I think I was very fortunate to find these two paths, especially the first which is mostly Frozen Hollow. The Magma Fissure is a little more difficult to explore, but still drops good fossils. Initially the end node was hidden on both, but I explored to reveal and both are simply gigantic...the caveat being I sometimes forget to run around the "start" circle for the cart and have to reset :D

I am steadily digging on my CA build, and look forward to testing this modded version at 400-500+ depth. Unfortunately darkness farming is too fun and that's going a lot slower than usual :D

---------------------------------------

Thanks again for spreading the idea/build Brittleknee. One thing I think is worth adding to the FAQ, is that you can keep "depth:xxx" copied and paste it each time on the mine chart searchbox. For me breaking a wall each time after Delving for depth was a hassle, so adding a copy+paste to the re-log rhythm seemed like a good compromise.
Last edited by glappoid on Jan 17, 2020, 12:04:12 AM
That is a cool hint with the depth copy-paste. My biggest problem is still finding good spots, I have a route that goes a loong time in the cold biome, but there is almost nothing to find, maybe 1 fossil spot, and not really much else in terms of resonators and such, whereas my original spot in Fungal Caverns, where I had the main route lit and which was much shorter and faster regularly had several fossils to find, not serrated ones, but still better. Mmh, I guess I was just unlucky, but I have to say, each time up to now I tried the Frozen Hollow I find almost nothing in it, which is a shame, because its so regular, but in the many little side areas in Fungal Caverns there just seems to be more stuff. I will keep looking, anyway cool build, farming this way is fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info