PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Client must be trusted more in the case of position desynchronization

A position desync means that your character has "moved" on your client but still remains in a different spot according to the server.

This means, for example, that while you appear to be safe and out of a group of enemies, the server may think you have not moved, and the enemies will be hitting you.

Last night I was playing with my hardcore Templar and was running through Waterfall level 2. Despite running out of a group of skeletons my health continued to drop as I received massive damage from the phantom hits of the enemies the server said I was surrounded with. Health potions did not save me.

It is unacceptable to lose a character to this issue.

I played hardcore exclusively in Diablo 2 for many years, raised at least a dozen characters to over level 80, and never once lost a character to position desynchronization. Something about your architecture needs to be adjusted.
"
teprac wrote:
A position desync means that your character has "moved" on your client but still remains in a different spot according to the server.

This means, for example, that while you appear to be safe and out of a group of enemies, the server may think you have not moved, and the enemies will be hitting you.

Last night I was playing with my hardcore Templar and was running through Waterfall level 2. Despite running out of a group of skeletons my health continued to drop as I received massive damage from the phantom hits of the enemies the server said I was surrounded with. Health potions did not save me.

It is unacceptable to lose a character to this issue.

I played hardcore exclusively in Diablo 2 for many years, raised at least a dozen characters to over level 80, and never once lost a character to position desynchronization. Something about your architecture needs to be adjusted.

Peeps lost Carr in Diablo 2 also then to desinc ( very rare ) but it happened

Also on hc never phase run past so many mobs / half a lvl ull get killed :-).
@dragnar <<< ingame or pm me
This will be fixed before release, don't worry!

Sorry for the loss of your character!
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info