Koffe's Burning Arrow Chieftain [3.9] One tap packs and Nuke bosses

Streaming at twitch.tv/KQFFE almost daily. I'm also working full time and try to exercise, so there's not always the time to stream. Feel free to join my friendly chat and don't be afraid to ask me anything

------

This guide is for a decently tanky archer; with 7000 life, a bunch of armor, at least 1000 life regeneration
that scales the burning damage of the Burning Arrow skill while lowering enemies' resists as much as possible - without making anything unnecessarily complicated or overly expensive.

I made this character about five days in into the league and have been playing daily, between trying out other build ideas I've been having. Some of the gear did cost a bit in the first week (Dyadian Dawn belt and Xoph's Nurture bow), but now they are both dirt cheap.
This build works really well as a league starter, a SSF character and also Hardcore - without making any changes.

Killed everything I've encountered, including
* Sirus AL 8
* Uber Elder
* Uber Atziri
* All Synthesis bosses, including Cortex.

TRICKSTER version
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/RUH0RP61

------

1. Leveling
There's more options than there's sockets, so don't waste chromatics on coloring on league start.
With that being said, here's my recommended gems in order of priority:

1. Vaal Burning Arrow
2. Ignite Proliferation (Don't need this with Xoph's Nurture)
3. Combustion
4. Deadly Ailments
5. Burning Damage
6. Elemental Damage with Attacks
7. Greater Multiple Projectiles / swap for Swift Affliction on tougher targets

You can run elemental reflect maps, just swap GMP for swift affliction. If you hit too many targets, you will probably kill yourself.

Levelling Gear:
Spoiler

Bow with fire damage, fire dot multi and high attack speed until Xoph's Nurture
Unique bows with added projectiles or a decent phys dps one works too.
Can easily get a decent one for 1 chaos worth of investment.
Example on bows (found a lot similar ones. Both these will give about the same dps:

Unique decent alternatives:
Infractem
Lioneye's Glare

These will give around 190k ignite dps, while the rare examples give 180k. Xoph's Nurture gives 350k dps.

During levelling you can spec EE on the tree and use a Storm Brand/Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Flammability - Combustion setup, until you can get a flammability on hit-ring, and also free up a slot instead of Combustion in your Burning Arrow setup. I used Immolate until lv 85, but didn't enjoy being reliant on Storm Brand first hitting my target before I could myself, for maximum damage.
At the time I had around 550k ignite dps, now it's down to a bit over 400k (920k vaal BA w/ swift affliction), but it feels so much better.
This text is also seen below under choices for rings.

Good helm that also gives you freeze immunity:

You want some more chance to ignite, until you specced all of it in your skill tree:

==========================================================

Currrent Gear:
Spoiler

try to get dexterity somewhere on your gear to be able to level your gems to the max.
Accuracy to get 100% chance to hit. I played for several days with less than 80% chance to hit and it still did good, even against Sirus, but it's a very noticable dps buff when all of a sudden all your arrows hit

Belt:

BiS and really common and cheap

Quiver:

Very worth and cheap.
Use one with Life, attack speed and damage over time multiplier until this one.

Gloves:
Either the added fire damage against burning enemies (from Incursion), (especially paired with Immolate) or the fire damage over time multiplier% (Elder or Hunter). Both works well. Haven't noticed any downside of using the Incursion modded gloves with Malachai's Artifice ring.
Life
Resists
Dexterity
Accuracy
Attack Speed

Amulet slot:
Fire damage over time multiplier%
Life
Resists
Dexterity
Elemental Damage
Accuracy

Rings:
Life
Resists
Accuracy
Elemental Damage

Malachai's Artifice
socket Lightning golem for attack speed/cast speed
socket Ice golem for more accuracy and crit chance
Using this ring doesn't give you Elemental Equilibrium all the time, just more damage after the golem has hit your target with an elemental skill.

During levelling you can spec EE on the tree and use a Storm Brand/Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Flammability - Combustion setup, until you can get a flammability on hit-ring, and also free up a slot instead of Combustion in your Burning Arrow setup. I used Immolate until lv 85, but didn't enjoy being reliant on Storm Brand first hitting my target before I could myself, for maximum damage.
At the time I had around 500k ignite dps, now it's down to a bit over 300k, but it feels so much better. At least it's good enough for awakened level 4 Sirus - that's all I can tell as of yet.

Boots:
Life
Movement Speed
Dexterity
Tailwind

Helm (Armor base is the best for damage reduction, Molten Shell interaction):
Burning Arrow debuff effect 24% (my choice of enchantment, noticable buff but not manditory)
Buy a good base with helm enchant of your choice and then spam Pristine + Scorched fossils until you hit some of the follwing:

Life
Nearby enemies has -9% fire resists & Fire resist +%
and if possible
More resists
Accuracy
Craft projectiles pierce 1 additional target (costs 1 divine) for some quality of life and faster clear in maps.

Body armor:
Life
Resists
Fire damage

or just a Kaom's:

Jewels:
Fire damage over time multiplier%
Increased life %
Attack speed
damage over time
fire damage%
damage

Tempered Mind socketed top right in the Witch area for easier capping of accuracy.

Flasks:

Enduring Mana Flask is not needed, we have leech, but I am using it so I can pre-fire and spam whenever I want.

Cinderswallow urn is BiS. Good for damage and survivability. I picked a regen one.

Bleed, curse and freeze immunity wherever you can get it.

Videos:

Spoiler

Awakening Level 8 Sirus:
https://youtu.be/SIcXHyaDrlU

Path of Building

Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/RUsxXEqf

twitch.tv/KQFFE
Last edited by KQFFE on Mar 3, 2020, 6:21:41 AM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2020, 11:01:54 AM
Hey,

Nice work there!
I'm about to start Burning Arrow in HC and I will follow your guide.

Any changes you would make to run this build safer in HC?
What priority should I go in terms of Ascendancy nodes for HC?

Also, should I kill all bandits? (since the crit multi doesn't matter to us)

Thanks a lot :)
zzz
"
lazycalm2 wrote:
Ascendancy Order?

1. Ramako
2. Hinekora
3. Tasalio
4. Tawhoa

Maybe swith 2&3 for HC, easy resists etc.

Kill all the bandits for +2 passives.
Only help Alira if you plan to have low resists, then swap bandit choice later on with an Onyx amulet + regrets (I think).

You can spec more life and armor instead of damage, but from what I've heard from a friend of mine that plays this build in HC, a Vigilant Strike in weapon swap + Vigil jewel is good enough.

Good luck :)
twitch.tv/KQFFE
Last edited by KQFFE on Dec 29, 2019, 9:19:44 AM
Great build, but this is erroneously in the Juggernaut section instead of the Chieftain section. Just wanted to let you know.
"
Yvnn wrote:
Great build, but this is erroneously in the Juggernaut section instead of the Chieftain section. Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks for letting me know! Fixed.
twitch.tv/KQFFE
Is dexterity ever an issue? You get all from skill tree?
"
GraveRoT wrote:
Is dexterity ever an issue? You get all from skill tree?

You need dexterity somewhere. I allocated a +30-node in the tree before I got dexterity on my boots.
twitch.tv/KQFFE
Hey! Nice build.
I only have 1 issue. my 20/20 lightning golem dies really fast, is that normal? its a bit annoying to resummon it every 15 seconds.
Thank you.
Last edited by Shuyin_69 on Jan 15, 2020, 9:36:06 AM
"
Shuyin_69 wrote:
Hey! Nice build.
I only have 1 issue. my 20/20 lightning golem dies really fast, is that normal? its a bit annoying to resummon it every 15 seconds.
Thank you.

Yes, it's normal. You can have another lightning skill in the ring instead if you want, like Orb of Storms or Storm Brand. Just something other than a fire skill that has a hit.
twitch.tv/KQFFE
=)
Last edited by midtrik on Jan 16, 2020, 9:02:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info