Diablo 3 vs. PoE release date

I will be buying D3 and Torchlight 2... I am allowed to like all three games and I actually will.

I just started PoE few hours ago and I am loving it thus far.
"
Invain wrote:
On the other hand, if they delay the release for a couple more months people will have plenty of time to realize that D3 fails to deliver and will start looking for an alternative.

Love this one :)

D3 costs a lot of money

PoE has optional expenditure

Hmm - let me think - sorry, for me, no contest until D3 hits the bargain bins when I will possibly take a look.
I think right now, it is one of the better times to be a fan of ARPGs. You have Diablo 3, POE, Torchlight 2, for examples.

I'd rather GGG polishes and finishes the game as much as possible. As long as word of mouth spreads around and the playerbase here remains large, POE will undoubtedly attract players because it is free to play and has no actual methods of paying to win.

And when that time comes, you will want them to play a very finished/completed product rather than building blocks. Right now POE has more potential than any other in this genre I've played before.

Of course, there's always room for both to exist to many people.
better for the release of PoE to be about 2 months after D3, that way they dont compete with the "rush" of D3 fans and catch them on the rebound when they get bored with D3 and start looking for something else.

D3's a great game, but it can't possibly live up to fans expectations due to them hyping it for 3-4 GODDAMN YEARS!

Seriously. I was excited about D3 in 2009, i'll still get it for being a good game but not because its in the diablo series. It simply doesnt have the atmosphere of the previous games, my protagonist "cares" about the villagers problems etc. BLECH

(Skyrim was pretty darn awesome at launch if you didnt have a console version).
Last edited by Asmosis on Apr 10, 2012, 9:08:22 PM
"
adwodon wrote:
You seem to think that everyones a fanboy and can only play 1 game at a time. I intend to buy D3, PoE and Torchlight 2, I plan on playing them all, I'll keep playing the ones I enjoy, which could be more than one... shockingly.

I did say that you can play both games at once. Just that some won't even give it a try since they are busy with D3. Well just saying :/ chill your ass man.
I'll be buying Diablo 3 on release, however I'm more excited to play Path Of Exile Act 3. With Torchlight 2 and possibly Grim Dawn on the horizon as well, this is going to be a great year. I'll definitely play through the storyline of each game, then I'll pick the one I want to continue playing. I expect that to be Path Of Exile, but I can't know for sure until I play the other games as well.
"It's a harsh, difficult world. You have to be prepared for it. We're not babying the players."
- Chris Wilson - Producer, Lead Designer @ Grinding Gear Games
Thinking about releasing an unfinished game because of market reasons (like "game x y z is on the horizion" or "it's Christmas time" etc.) is a [] company buisness [] move, which is one of the things that makes indies so appealing: they care about the GAME. Not that buisness crap. Sure, they want and need to make money off of it, but - that's the difference - they do believe in selling (what to them is) quality. Not in advertising something as quality when it's most likely not as good as advertised or selling something just because there is no competition in that segment of the market at that time or anything like this.

I loathe the idea that gamers actually adapted those buisness thoughts as part of their hobby. It's not. It's close to fraud.
And suggesting what the OP would, to me, feel like an insult if I was the one adressed.

Sorry, but just had to get that out of my head.

And since I didn't know wheter I may even hint at 4-letter words in this forum, I just put the [] in so you can imagine them yourselves. ;)
Last edited by mOr5 on Apr 11, 2012, 8:37:10 AM
I find it a bit stupid how you guys are judging entire games based on betas. none of you know what D3 or PoE will be like at launch. The D3 beta is more like a mini online demo and I'm assuming PoE isn't comming out soon because a release date has not been announced. I'm also assuming there will be some changes to PoE in that time as well. Absolutely NOBODY knows how hard each of these games will be. although knowing that not even the D3 dev team has beat inferno yet I'm assuming it's hard as fuck. As for chaos mode, I don't have an opinion on that one yet. Could be hard, could be hard as fuck, could be easy as shit. Who knows? Point is, you can't say D3 or PoE is shit unless you've actually played the final product. I personally am more excited for D3 but that's my opinion. Although I do think that PoE looks like a nice alternative. If I do end up getting bored of D3, I'll head over to PoE. For everyone who says D3 or PoE is shit, wait for an IGN review or a review from your favorite gaming site. The results could shock you.
"
Fire897 wrote:
I find it a bit stupid how you guys are judging entire games based on betas. none of you know what D3 or PoE will be like at launch. The D3 beta is more like a mini online demo and I'm assuming PoE isn't comming out soon because a release date has not been announced. I'm also assuming there will be some changes to PoE in that time as well. Absolutely NOBODY knows how hard each of these games will be. although knowing that not even the D3 dev team has beat inferno yet I'm assuming it's hard as fuck. As for chaos mode, I don't have an opinion on that one yet. Could be hard, could be hard as fuck, could be easy as shit. Who knows? Point is, you can't say D3 or PoE is shit unless you've actually played the final product. I personally am more excited for D3 but that's my opinion. Although I do think that PoE looks like a nice alternative. If I do end up getting bored of D3, I'll head over to PoE. For everyone who says D3 or PoE is shit, wait for an IGN review or a review from your favorite gaming site. The results could shock you.

June. Also you shouldn't take game reviewers seriously as most of them are corrupt.
"
xxnoob wrote:
"
Fire897 wrote:

June. Also you shouldn't take game reviewers seriously as most of them are corrupt.

I highly doubt IGN is corrupt... Besides that's really just a side note. Read the rest of my post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info