[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

First time playing a poison build....so im twinking out with this character, but the leveling process seems slow. is there something im missing?
Last edited by Soulstrike628 on Oct 7, 2020, 2:24:03 PM
"
skiminok1989 wrote:
Hey guys, so I need your advise where to move. Here is my current gear:

And here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/i0tz0Ukr
I'm feeling pretty solid but what should I upgrade next? May be something wrong with my tree?

Also I have spare armor, but can't decide which one is better:
Damn, you're doing really good.

I'd be looking for a double corrupted chest if I were in your shoes. +1 socketed gems / +2 socketed AoE gems would be awesome.

I'd be looking into dropping an aura and the impresence in favour of a +2 gems amulet as well. I haven't run the POB numbers, but I suspect the extra gem levels would still out-DPS the extra aura.

Swap the belt to a Stygian, then socket a jewel with flat life/ES and phasing? Boots with tailwind or onslaught? You could get a DPS upgrade with a 1L/2M/1S cluster jewel setup.

And an awakened unleash, of course.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
First time playing a poison build....so im twinking out with this character, but the leveling process seems slow. is there something im missing?
Yes, absolutely. Stick to Elemental blade vortex, leveling with poison is painful.

Get a Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder.

Link blade vortex with typical elemental supports - lightning pen, cold pen, controlled destruction, arcane surge, added cold / lightning damage, etc. Replace one of those with Unleash the instant you hit level 38.

Switch to an elemental damage curse.

I wouldn't switch to poison damage until you can respec to all the poison nodes at once.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Oct 7, 2020, 2:39:21 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
Yes, absolutely. Stick to Elemental blade vortex, leveling with poison is painful.

Link blade vortex with typical elemental supports - lightning pen, cold pen, controlled destruction, arcane surge, added cold / lightning damage, etc. Replace one of those with Unleash the instant you hit level 38.

I wouldn't switch to poison damage until you can respec to all the poison nodes at once.

awesome. thanks for the pointers!

it doesn seem a little slow though having to stop, spam vortex to build stacks each time though. hopefully it picks up
Last edited by Soulstrike628 on Oct 7, 2020, 3:04:17 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
skiminok1989 wrote:
Hey guys, so I need your advise where to move. Here is my current gear:

And here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/i0tz0Ukr
I'm feeling pretty solid but what should I upgrade next? May be something wrong with my tree?

Also I have spare armor, but can't decide which one is better:
Damn, you're doing really good.

I'd be looking for a double corrupted chest if I were in your shoes. +1 socketed gems / +2 socketed AoE gems would be awesome.

I'd be looking into dropping an aura and the impresence in favour of a +2 gems amulet as well. I haven't run the POB numbers, but I suspect the extra gem levels would still out-DPS the extra aura.

Swap the belt to a Stygian, then socket a jewel with flat life/ES and phasing? Boots with tailwind or onslaught? You could get a DPS upgrade with a 1L/2M/1S cluster jewel setup.

And an awakened unleash, of course.

Thanks for advises. Does awakened unleash gives big dps boost?
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:

it doesn seem a little slow though having to stop, spam vortex to build stacks each time though. hopefully it picks up

if i run the heralds, im left with no mana to keep vortex up, and im slow enough as it is lol what else do i need to do
"
grimjack68 wrote:

I've found that with more ES, when I die, it's due to running out of life, even with a ratio well below what I'd normally run between life:ES. With Apep's + Eldritch Battery + MoM, the Mana portion of the hit is taken from ES and it recharges so much faster than the usual MoM builds.

Then throw the feast of flesh from Diadem in the mix, and all I need to worry about is one shots, most of which are evaded, dodged, etc.

You're not wrong, but see it this way: With Apep's slumbers regen, you can take up to 833 Damage per second (250 regen / 30 MoM * 100 for effective health) without ES being depleted. But if you get more than that over a few seconds, you miss out on quite some effective Health compared to the skill points you invested to get all the way over there to MoM.

Calculating a non-chaos one-shot mechanic with my own stats (non-chaos since chaos-dmg ignores ES without CI):
- with "10% health as ES"-craft: 5563 HP + 1267 ES = 6830 eHP
- with 8% increased max life-craft: 5708 HP + 708 ES = 6416 eHP

I would even need to get up to 1669 ES to max out the usefulness of MoM.

As said, you're not completely wrong, it's just me - i like to make things as effective as possible.
I'm not seeing Withering Step in a lot of people's builds here--any reason why? The video guide mentioned it resets the Elusive buff, and it also grants phasing (if not using a Quartz flask). Is it still strong?
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:

That will fix itself when you hit level 38 and can socket Unleash. Then you'll need to cast BV about once every 2 seconds, and each cast will add 3-4 blades.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Oct 7, 2020, 4:51:23 PM
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:

if i run the heralds, im left with no mana to keep vortex up, and im slow enough as it is lol what else do i need to do
If you have to drop down to 1 herald, that's ok. Maybe spec into some reduced mana reservation on the tree for the now - Charisma would certainly fix that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info