Ground slam - bug

When I use ground slam sometimes the animation doesn't display.

Other times animation displays but the monster take no damage.
First issue may be related to a hit on you (being interrupted), second one could simply be missing hits (ground slam depends on hitchance and so dont hit always)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
i have noticed the same problems as the OP and I am using resolute technique so missing with the skill isn't the issue.
Try reequipping your weapons and the attack gems, could temporarily fix.
Lady Luck Loves a Trust Fall
What is your latency when this happens? You can monitor it with F1
Balance & Design
"
Darkfyre wrote:
i have noticed the same problems as the OP and I am using resolute technique so missing with the skill isn't the issue.

From the mechanics of this skill, then maybe it looks like it would hit, but the collision detection fails?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Rory wrote:

I won't have time to check it out today but I'll get back to you as soon as I have a chance to test it.
"
MeanVanilla wrote:
"
Rory wrote:

I won't have time to check it out today but I'll get back to you as soon as I have a chance to test it.

Alright. Here are the numbers:

Frame time (ms) 16-17
FPS 58-67
Server frame time (ms) 0
Latency (ms) 16-18

The bug happens roughly 2-3 times every fight depending on number of mobs and their endurance.

The most frequent bug is the case where ground slam doesn't hit anything eventhough the animation is clearly displayed underneath the mobs. I doubt that all 15-20 monsters are able to evade it at the same time. I made sure several times that I wasn't interrupted while using ground slam.
That missing with Ground Slam happens too often, I think I've posted about it somewhere before.. I got "Resolute Technique" so should never miss. Thats not like one or too hits, that situation can take long time, even more then 10 sec, even after you move to change position. I don't use that gem anymore.
"
Vrtra wrote:
That missing with Ground Slam happens too often,... .

Indeed.

"
Vrtra wrote:
... I've posted about it somewhere before.. I got "Resolute Technique" so should never miss. Thats not like one or too hits, that situation can take long time, even more then 10 sec, even after you move to change position. I don't use that gem anymore.

Now they are aware of it once more. They will fix the skill if they consider it a problem. Personally I didn't mind the bug through normal and cruel difficulty however after reaching ruthless the mobs have become challenging and completely missing everything with ground slam can be the difference between life and death.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info