Waypoint Killed Lvl 45 Hardcore Witch During Loading Screen

I took the waypoint to Dark Forest(Relentless) on my 45 summoner witch. A scant few seconds later my party member took the waypoint to quest with me, and said my body was sitting on the waypoint. My screen was still loading. Less than 10 seconds... At which point I flipped out and alt-f4 in the hopes that since I had not loaded, I might still be in Hardcore. Not so, upon relogging, the char is now listed in Default League. Soul-crushing, trust me...

In short, this is an absolutely game-altering glitch/problem, especially for hardcore. HC mode is what I enjoy most, and now I'm not even sure I want to make a new HC char. What's the point, if monsters can spawn within aggro range of a waypoint? Also, having a char spawn before the screen has loaded to the instance, without some type of completely fail-safe protection in place for hardcore characters, needs to be addressed.

This has really put a damper on my PoE addiction. I understand that it's closed beta, but hoooooly that's painful. Could a dev or 2 get back to me about this? I don't know if you can get a HC char re-instated, but I'd be really happy with any type of feedback.

Truly crushed,
Baz
yAH, I would be unhappy as well.

I'd not give up though. It is just a game. Stuff happens.

For the record, D2 had the same issues. Stuff could
be camping a WP and if you had lag or a disc on
porting, your character was most likely dead on return.

Perhaps they have too faithfully copied game
mechanics systems from Diablo 2 , eh...

At the worst though, in D2 dead was dead. Not
this girly HC in POE.
(note, I love POE and sort of like girly HC idea anyway, but it is girly HC. hahaha.)

CliffH raved: maybe if half the mods Werent neckbearded, introverted middle aged men covered in a layer of cheeto dust, they would review the reports before smacking their over protruding forehead on the mute button. FUNNY!
Sorry to hear about the loss of your character! We do have plans to fix this in future.
Balance & Design
I am going to play softcore till things are a little more stable.

Thanks Rory and Buzi!

Ps yes, I have played d2 for like 8 years, and this hardcore is a little bit girly, but i do like it. Once the game is stable enough to support hardcore properly, Thats where you will find me! Cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info