Will post logical puzzles for a beta key.

Answer to the second question
Spoiler
You were in either the north or south pole of the planet.

EDIT: This reminded me of a similar question they made once in my school, it went something like, "A bear moves 10 miles south, 10 miles west, and 10 miles north and ends in the same location he started at, what color is the bear?"
Spoiler
White, because he is a polar bear on the north pole.
Cogito ergo sum
Last edited by Ropal on Apr 10, 2012, 1:57:05 AM
@BluLightSpecial
This one reminded me of logical fallacy puzzle I had heard sometime back.
A prisoner is who is to be executed is allowed to make one statement. If true he will be hanged, if false he will have his head cut off.
Spoiler
He says "My head will be cut off"

It was just a matter of adjusting the question for this particular case :-)
"
Ropal wrote:
Answer to the second question
Spoiler
You were in either the north or south pole of the planet.

EDIT: This reminded me of a similar question they made once in my school, it went something like, "A bear moves 10 miles south, 10 miles west, and 10 miles north and ends in the same location he started at, what color is the bear?"
Spoiler
White, because he is a polar bear on the north pole.

Very good. That is the correct answer for #2. That's actually the version I heard too, but I twisted it into what I posted because I figure people may be familiar with the polar bear version, and because people tend to not associate other planets with a North and South pole.

@arjunzv8

Ah ok. I have never heard that one before, but I like it. I always find a paradox interesting. My high school freshman English teacher actually told me this one: If God is all-powerful, and has the ability to create anything, can God create an object that it cannot lift?
Last edited by BluLightSpecial on Apr 10, 2012, 2:02:14 AM
I have one puzzle blu, if you don't mind.

Joe lives by the beach, he returns home at night after work and procedes to turn off every light in his house, when he wakes up, he looks at the beach and finds a lot of wreckage and bodies scattered across its extent.

Where did Joe live?
Cogito ergo sum
@BluLightSpecial
The omnipotence paradox, a very interesting problem similar to the Irresistible force paradox.
Wish I had a beta key to give out, but I don't even have one for myself :-)

@Ropal haha
Spoiler
a lighthouse
Last edited by arjunzv8 on Apr 10, 2012, 2:12:35 AM
"
arjunzv8 wrote:

@Ropal haha
Spoiler
a lighthouse

Correct :).
Cogito ergo sum
"
Ropal wrote:
I have one puzzle blu, if you don't mind.

Joe lives by the beach, he returns home at night after work and procedes to turn off every light in his house, when he wakes up, he looks at the beach and finds a lot of wreckage and bodies scattered across its extent.

Where did Joe live?

Not at all, thank you for contributing. I've never heard of that one, it's funny. Mind if I add it to the OP?

@arjunzv8

I appreciate the hypothetical generosity regardless =).
Found the winner
Last edited by lightmoon on Apr 10, 2012, 2:26:36 AM
Poor people have it. Rich people want it. If you eat it you will die?
answer is "nothing".
Last edited by fedea1234 on Apr 10, 2012, 2:45:29 AM
Third puzzle:
A well known one. If you know the answer already, then just state the movie that it is from. You have a five gallon jug, a three gallon jug, and a pool of water. Without using anything else, how do you get exactly four gallons?

"Die Hard: With a Vengeance" movie.
Last edited by fedea1234 on Apr 10, 2012, 2:53:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info