Optimisation... when ???

I must have missed your system specs and/or dxdiag link.

Here's my dev/gaming rig for comparison (and I know it's not typical):

Ryzen 9 3900x, no OC
Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master mobo
RTX 2080ti, no OC
64GB GSkill Trident NEO 3600mHz DDR4
512GB Inland m.2 SSD
1TB Hynix Gold SSD (POE is here)
2TB Seagate Constellation platter drive for storage
all under a custom loop with two 360mm rads with EKWB blocks

Reinstalled the game to give it another try and I am having zero performance issues at all at 1440p/144fps with EVERYTHING maxed. Not one stutter, not one frame drop, holds steady at 144fps everywhere so far, even in Delirium fog. We'll see how that holds up when I start running huge density maps but I'm pretty sure it will be fine on this rig.

I'm not running a bunch of crap in the background, though, not even Afterburner and Rivatuner for benchmarking. I have found that some recent games (and OBS) tank in performance with Afterburner running.

Does this mean POE is optimized? Maybe not but it runs great at max settings on high-end rigs. For those without current-gen hardware, expect to turn stuff off. My back-up rig (i7-8700k/1080ti) couldn't keep up with my main rig in POE, for sure, but I don't expect it to. It would take some fiddling with settings to keep it at 75+fps (refresh rate of that monitor) at 1080p but not impossible.

tl/dr: POE is a pc melter if you max everything. Quit expecting to play that way unless you have some serious hardware.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
+1
"
Makillda wrote:
I must have missed your system specs and/or dxdiag link.

[...]

Reinstalled the game to give it another try and I am having zero performance issues at all at 1440p/144fps with EVERYTHING maxed.

I'm not running a bunch of crap in the background, though, not even Afterburner and Rivatuner for benchmarking. I have found that some recent games (and OBS) tank in performance with Afterburner running.

Does this mean POE is optimized? Maybe not but it runs great at max settings on high-end rigs. For those without current-gen hardware, expect to turn stuff off. My back-up rig (i7-8700k/1080ti) couldn't keep up with my main rig in POE, for sure, but I don't expect it to. It would take some fiddling with settings to keep it at 75+fps (refresh rate of that monitor) at 1080p but not impossible.

tl/dr: POE is a pc melter if you max everything. Quit expecting to play that way unless you have some serious hardware.

You don't find specs because you didn't read the topic at all.

I'm talking about the game adding more and more crap while not able to render them correctly.
I'm talking about the game working fine once then become complete garbage next patch/league without no listed improvement/changes to the engine.
I'm talking about playing full ultra and 4K while doing 5 legions with minor loss of fps then next leagues not being able to do a single legion fight (2 legions) with all options off and 1K...

You talk about fresh installation, not expecting the game to run smooth on not top end computer ? Read the message again.

I talk about game requiring more and more power for no reason. Game adding stuff that it can't handle and next league adding more stuff it can't handle.
And especially for this league : game adding stuff it can handle while killing any performance it had with the older stuff.

I got for a few months a friend's computer, game works good on it, cool for me. Still tried the game on my own computer with the last patchs supposely fixing performance issues : bullshit.
Got several friends with much better computer specs than my "new one" : still crap issues. I'm talking about hardcore fanboy players that think about definitely uninstalling the game not because they are bored but because everygoddamn map it can be fps severly drop/freeze because the was a conqueror, a betrayal or whatever shit that was working fine before that leagues...

The game require more specs for better results after added graphics improvements, that's "normal". I find it not a good idea to remove the lowest specs from potential customers but it's not me to decide.
The game require MUCH MORE to run for the same result, it's not normal.
The game not working better with most options OFF, it's not normal.
The game adding more and more spawning stuff while it's already at more than maximum capacity, it's not good decisions.
The game not working with past leagues with NOT A SINGLE IMPROVEMENT that could justify the changes... it's bullshit.
"
CaMarchePas wrote:

You don't find specs because you didn't read the topic at all.

I'm talking about the game adding more and more crap while not able to render them correctly.
I'm talking about the game working fine once then become complete garbage next patch/league without no listed improvement/changes to the engine.
I'm talking about playing full ultra and 4K while doing 5 legions with minor loss of fps then next leagues not being able to do a single legion fight (2 legions) with all options off and 1K...

You talk about fresh installation, not expecting the game to run smooth on not top end computer ? Read the message again.

I talk about game requiring more and more power for no reason. Game adding stuff that it can't handle and next league adding more stuff it can't handle.
And especially for this league : game adding stuff it can handle while killing any performance it had with the older stuff.

I got for a few months a friend's computer, game works good on it, cool for me. Still tried the game on my own computer with the last patchs supposely fixing performance issues : bullshit.
Got several friends with much better computer specs than my "new one" : still crap issues. I'm talking about hardcore fanboy players that think about definitely uninstalling the game not because they are bored but because everygoddamn map it can be fps severly drop/freeze because the was a conqueror, a betrayal or whatever shit that was working fine before that leagues...

The game require more specs for better results after added graphics improvements, that's "normal". I find it not a good idea to remove the lowest specs from potential customers but it's not me to decide.
The game require MUCH MORE to run for the same result, it's not normal.
The game not working better with most options OFF, it's not normal.
The game adding more and more spawning stuff while it's already at more than maximum capacity, it's not good decisions.
The game not working with past leagues with NOT A SINGLE IMPROVEMENT that could justify the changes... it's bullshit.

Seems like you should have saved some of the cash you spent on those pretty forum badges for hardware.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info