HC 100% physical Dual Wield Marauder viable?

Hi, I've been going for this for my HC marauder:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ6tEiAUIBR1GJEY2xkuGbQaVRv6IQIhYCXfJ9Un7Si1KS4ppSr2LOkwGTIJNug67T38QKBDnEd-Sn1QR1BQU99USVWpVbVYY1ivWNtbPV6LXz9gS2CIYSFhUmNwZKNlTWegapNuaXA-cLtyqXTtdPF673uMfLh82YTZhO-HKYd2jM-QCpe0m4OeuZ7Nn8ukGacwq8Wsqqy6rOq53b6nwA_Bi8HYxFjG2MrTz_jSTdP81I_V7d0N4drkUedS567qGO8O707v4_Iv8932SPba9778xQ==

Basically, I'm using double strike and cleave with 2 fast weapon(swords or axe). This was incredibly OP from level 10 to 30, now I reached level 40 and I'm starting to struggle a bit.

I decided not to go blood magic in the tree and use a blood magic gem for all my skills, and spend 100% of my mana pool for 3 40% aura(30% with reduced mana and reduced aura reservation)

-Determination, Purity, haste

Is this going to be viable in maps?
Last edited by machinegon on Mar 18, 2013, 1:19:05 PM
For a start, that passive tree is Highly inefficient. I suggest rethinking it completely, but in the meantime, some improvements for the current one - now you have 10 extra points (which were complete waste) to spend.

The damage points you took are far better replaced with more HP and resistance nodes. Another great thing about dual wield is dual wield block chance, do invest in the efficient rings for that (the best one being Dervish below Duelist).

Generally, a melee build is doomed to die in HC unless it is built Very tanky.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
how is this inefficient?
With really high attack speed, life steal and life on hit gem on cleave how could I make it more tanky?

The dual wield block chance are a great improvement indeed thought.
Because a lot of the points you took are a waste compared to what you could have taken instead. The tiny improvement I posted above is merely an improvement of a generally bad passive tree.

High attack speed, life steal and LoH will not only not be enough to keep you alive, but it will hinder your physical damage output. You need more HP, block chance, armour (Iron Reflexes!), Endurance Charges...
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info