[3.9] - [NERFED] Ignite based Explosive arrow is insane for a budget

Wait, so who's correct about the ignite damage? Semma_car19 or ANightcodexAppeared?
Whats difference from yours and this one:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2708038
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest - @ioneshotbosses_eightkai
Last edited by Execreth on Dec 23, 2019, 5:17:49 PM
Sincere question, why do we use the curse on hit setup instead of manual cast? Does Storm Brand apply something special I'm missing?

Not talking smack, sincerely trying to understand it.
We take mortal conviction because we only use malevolence :)
Using and having fun so far. Keep up the good work.
"
Malibear wrote:
Sincere question, why do we use the curse on hit setup instead of manual cast? Does Storm Brand apply something special I'm missing?

Not talking smack, sincerely trying to understand it.

Storm brand applies a chosen linked "curse on hit" in this case it applies a curse called flammability which reduces the enemy fire resistance/ The blink arrow is just there for slot

also storm brand attaches to an enemy for 10 seconds . so lets say you attach it to a boss , The curse lasts about 10 seconds or longer. If you manually cast its lasting maybe a short 2 seconds and you have to recast every 2 seconds. Also storm brand does chain or "hit" nearby enemies and thus cursing those aswell for the entire storm brand duration
Last edited by Pentacodex on Dec 27, 2019, 7:14:26 AM
"
sabin1001 wrote:
Wait, so who's correct about the ignite damage? Semma_car19 or ANightcodexAppeared?

I've calculated on stream that i myself with this setup deal about 2.2 million rough ignite dps per second. Him not even owning a kaom's heart and him not even having a higher base ignite dps than my build should be enough confirmation he might not even reach 2.2 million dps let alone 3.2 million he claims.
I'm having trouble understanding the impact malevolence has over anger.

Anger and adding fire damage to attack enchants seem (on paper) to be a bigger damage boost to ignite than malevolence and fire damage % increases. I'm kind of new to trying to really understand a build vs just copy catting them, and I'm wondering if you could toss me a clue as to why we pick malevolence?
"
Execreth wrote:
Whats difference from yours and this one:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2708038

That one uses 6 EA ballista totems to skyrocket single target damage by adding an insane number of fuses (over 800 before explosion)
"
JerinX wrote:
I'm having trouble understanding the impact malevolence has over anger.

Anger and adding fire damage to attack enchants seem (on paper) to be a bigger damage boost to ignite than malevolence and fire damage % increases. I'm kind of new to trying to really understand a build vs just copy catting them, and I'm wondering if you could toss me a clue as to why we pick malevolence?

We scale ignite DOT DPS so damage over time . Malevolence gives us 20% DOT extra which is additive to the total ignite dps. Lets say we have 2 million ignite DOT add 20% to that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info