[3.9] Explosive Arrow Trickster. Facetank t15 metamorphs and guardians

This build has so far cleared all content in the game aside from the awakener which I have been able to no death until its last phase many times (its last phase is insane).

GEAR

Helm - BIS
This helm is a cheap no brainer for trickers giving you insane es, evasion and +1 gems for your auras

Body Armour - I started the league with a carcass Jack as it has insane Aoe which this build doesnt take much of but I later switched to Atizir's splendour once they became more available just for maximum es and evasion.

Gloves -
these gloves are as good as it gets, ES, accuracy and attackspeed. attack speed being the least important stat.

Belt -
this is BIS giving you a 35% more multiplier to your ignites

Quiver -
This is build defining, combined with essence surge and ring crafted mods
and wicked ward is what makes this build facetank bosses as it only takes a fraction of a second for your energyshield to start recharging.

Weapon -
better than a +3 bow, insanely cheap, BIS weapon in this build. attack speed = max damage

Rings - any es, res with either crafted weapon elemental damage with attacks for damage or faster start of energyshield recharge for defence.

Amulet -
ES, WED, RES

LINKS -

EXPLOSIVE ARROW - BARRAGE - ELE DAMAGE WITH ATTACKS - COMBUSTION - IGNITE PROLIF - DAMAGE ON FULL LIFE

EXPLOSIVE ARROW - BALISTA SUPPORT - BARRAGE- COMBUSTION - MULTIPLE TOTEMS - FASTER ATTACKS

CAST WHEN DAMAGE TAKEN (LEVEL 1)- ENFEEBLE - WAVE OF CONVICTION

DISCIPLINE - PRECISION - GRACE - ENLIGHTEN (IF YOU CAN AFFORD) IN HELM

PATH OF BUILDING. - DPS is very difficult to calculate in this build compared to most and barrage is not working properly in POB so dont bother trying.

https://pastebin.com/jaz4CXWc

making sure to get some added flat cold or lightning to attacks to proc EE is very important for single target damage.

MANA ISSUES! - After trying many ways to overcome explosive arrow's mana costs against single targets (annointing essence sap and getting mana nodes AND using poacher's mark is not enough) the only way to get around it is to use an enduring mana flask, but the benifits is being able to allocate nodes elsewhere and having infinite mana at the cost of only a single flask space.

ANNOINTMENT - Dropping a flask means dropping onslaught flask so I make up for it by getting graceful assault annointed (very cheap) which gives a tonne of evasion, onslaught effect and onslaught on kill for faster mapping.

END GAME AND MAPS - This build can do all mods except for ele reflect, Can do 100% chance for mobs to avoid ignite but is much slower and not worth doing unless map is corrupted.

ASCENDENCY - no debate on what nodes to get here.

BUILD EXAMPLES -

FACETANKING T15 METAMORPH - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJgov135kHM

T15 CLEAR AND ELDER GUARDIAN FIGHT - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mne3KOGR1aw&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by MEGAMON69 on Jan 5, 2020, 2:09:53 AM
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2020, 3:43:50 PM
I'm trying an EA build as well but mine is quite different. What do you think of dealing with mana through eldritch battery + es leech?

so far my damage seems to be there... when i don't run out of mana.
Does projectile speed matter on the bow?
Nope, it doesnt add anything to the build aside from maybe totem targeting.
"
babyskins wrote:
I'm trying an EA build as well but mine is quite different. What do you think of dealing with mana through eldritch battery + es leech?

so far my damage seems to be there... when i don't run out of mana.

If youre going life then it probably would, but an enduring mana flask is incredibly underated. It is infinte mana and a suffix for complete immunity. you can use an eternal mana flask that lasts 5 seconds and can be used 5 times during fights.
looking very nice :) would a 6 link chest be useable? or you only need 5 link on the balista? only asking because i got the chest 6 link while going for a 5 link
Last edited by Charlieofdoom on Dec 17, 2019, 11:34:03 PM
"
Charlieofdoom wrote:
looking very nice :) would a 6 link chest be useable? or you only need 5 link on the balista? only asking because i got the chest 6 link while going for a 5 link
the balista is fine on a 4l, it doesnt add a huge amount of anything to the build
"
MEGAMON69 wrote:
"
Charlieofdoom wrote:
the balista is fine on a 4l, it doesnt add a huge amount of anything to the build
so should i sell the 6 link and just buy a new armor to 5 link? what would the gem combination be with a 6 link
little update, face tanked T16 metamorph and all the watchstone bosses no problem.

"
Charlieofdoom wrote:
little update, face tanked T16 metamorph and all the watchstone bosses no problem.

Very nice, I just got done leveling a character, will update when i'm higher level

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info