Computer support please

I've been told by one of the staff that i need

"
"Most modern hardware should work fine!

2+gb of RAM (preferably 4), a Core 2 duo or above CPU is fine and any graphics card that is more than about $50 will probably run it (ideally $100+)."

what is the difference between a dual core and a Core 2 duo? any help much appreciated
//5uper
Core 2 Duo is a brand of dual core CPUs from Intel. They are fairly old by by today's standards. They have two CPU processing cores within the one CPU.

Todays standard CPUs are Quad Core but with Intels next generation CPUs out later this month they will probably be Hexa Core (Six Cores).
Summoning Zombies from Stone and Bone since 2011
well im only 15 and haven't really got £500 - £700 for a new pc :D

was looking at dual cores because there around £200 - £300 but if i look at my old pc and see what needs fixing and then take out what i need new of and buy the parts separately then maybe i can afford quad core :o

what you thinks best?
and thanks ;)

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/r/quad+core/7061_70066_0/

£50, sound good?
Last edited by 5uperPlayer on Apr 9, 2012, 1:07:14 PM
What's the current specification of your computer as there are many things you will need to take into account when building a new PC such as if the socket type of the CPU matches your motherboard etc.

What are you looking to do, build a new PC but take parts from your old one?

If you want help, I can do that but I'd need your current PC specifications, the budget etc as if you are inexperienced with building rigs I personally would recommend seeing if you can pick up cheap machine which is a few years old for a couple of hundred quid.
could you comment on this:
and see if its ideal to play this while i can think about other options and building on it?
E.g. buying quad core and etc afterwards, just want something to play this game for now >.<

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/acer-x1430-refurbished-desktop-pc-black-12021904-pdt.html
I don't see why it shouldn't but I'm not very knowledgable on AMD products but I can almost guarantee that the refurbished PC you linked will not support a Quad Core CPU, even if you were to be able get one compatiable with that motherboard socket, it would probably still be fairly out of date. But it should as far as I'm aware be enough to run the game.

Personally if I were you I'd save up til you have about £500 - £700 and get a more powerful computer as it will last you longer.

It would be nice if someone else could confirm this for me. Also have looked at some of the other refurbished computers on there and it seems to be the best of the bunch for your price range.

Anyone else care to chip in?
Last edited by FullMetalMonkey on Apr 9, 2012, 1:35:53 PM
in my opinion, the system looks to be 'ok' except for the processor - that could be a hold up - though I personally don't have a lot of experience with AMD processors - 1.3 Ghz could be a little on the slower side
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
"
I don't see why it shouldn't but I'm not very knowledgable on AMD products but I can almost guarantee that the refurbished PC you linked will not support a Quad Core CPU. But it should as far as I'm aware be enough to run the game.

This i believe is true, most refurbished Pc's out there are to what they can take on a motherboard that isn't so new.

If i were you i might like to look into a pc with say an Intel i3 or i5 processor (2ghz ish+), 4gb ram, 512MB+ graphics, preferably not Nvidia (as there have been known issues) and a reasonable HDD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm finishing work in about 20minutes and when I get home I'll have a look around on a few other sites and see if I can find you a better build for your buck. Trying to search the Internet on my iPad using my works WiFi is painfully slow.
A bit of confirmation from others would be good, but from browsing the pcworld site, i found this, it should be fine, but please get some confirmation from others first :)

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-p6-2002uk-refurbished-desktop-pc-12291707-pdt.html
Last edited by davros70 on Apr 9, 2012, 1:43:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info