{3.9} FuturFear's Minion army build - INSANE DPS - ALL CONTENT- LEAGUE STARTER

Hi folks,

Let's kick this off with a shout-out to Hercanic!
This build wouldn't be possible without Hercanic's devotion to summoner builds.
Big thanks, I learned kind of everything about summoners from Hercanic's build(s) and help.

Original build (by Hercanic): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2242389/page/1

In 3.8 I ventured into another direction with the "speaker of the dead".
Most of the basics are stil there however I found a nice loop that was kind of hungry and fed it some gems.

Currently playin this build in the 3.9 metamorph league, already smooth mapping my way to the top.

Basic info:

This is a summoner build, using zombies, skeletons, spectres, carrion golem(s), phantasms and holy relic as main damage output.
It's a hybrid build, using both life and energyshield.

I use solar guards as spectres, because they are the best DPS vs attack speed output with this build.

VIDEOS

Comming soon

3.9 POB (path of building)

Reworked pastebin, with animate guardian OR carrion golem setup in hungry loop.
Pastebin:https://pastebin.com/NnhaRfBM

Ascendancy

Necromancer:
- Mindless agression
- Bone barrier
- Mistress sacrifice
- unnatrual strenght

Gear & flasks

- Any one handed weapon that can be used with cyclone and has "+ 1 to level socketed gems" and maim support will do just fine. Extra supports like "faster attack", "melee splash", etc are a nice bonus to have and will increase DPS of our zombies ALOT.

- Best craft is ofcourse increased minion damage, since it's aplied to all our minions.

- Be mindfull of stats on weapons, since we often lack dexterity or strenght for them.

An Elder bone helmet is best in slot obviously, however since 3.9 they are a bit more rare as before.
Any alternative helmets with the basics of life, energy shield and resist will work aswell.

Rare six-link with high energyshield, life and resistance is best in slot. To compensate our spectre los since 3.9 you can get a + 1 spectre chest. However they are quite expensive and rare with good stats since it's a DELVE stat.
They can drop from "minion and aura item" nodes.

Grip of the council, works like a charm with "hatred" and "Elemental equilibrium".
We can't mis it!

Any boots with movementspeed, life, energy shield and resitance will do.
We could also go for "The stampede" and anoint them with a good life & ES node if our resistance is covered.

Great belt to cover chaos resistance, taunt and caustic ground when minions die/disapear (skelletons for example).
Any belt will do just fine as well, stygian vise with life, ES, resitance and an extra ghastly eye for example.

Unset ring for discipline that covers life and resistances even some dexterity or strenght is welcome here, although resistance is most important.
Best craft is mana cost for channeling skills, it will make cyclone free to use, just a nice bonus.

Our second ring and biggest difference. "The Hungry loop" 4 lvl 20 skills inside 1 carrion golem, wich we multiply to 2 by anointing our amulet with "Golem commander".
It might be quite expensive to anoint (golden, silver and azure oil), still even with only one golem we boost all our minions DPS.

Any amulet will do, make sure to cover life, ES, resistance and stats (dex > str > int)

Two free flask slots so you can use whatever you want.
I use one of my flasks key-bindings to trigger "bone armor" and have the other slot filled with whatever suits the content I'm playing. -> Mana flask for "no regen" maps, sapphire (cold) flask for shaper & uber elder, although we probably will be doing those 2 alot less in 3.9.

blood of Karui can be replaced with a regular life flask, I just like the high amount it heals and the full health if it's empty (life saver).

You might have noticed I don't cover freeze, bleeding or curses. Freeze can be covered on the open slot, I don't care about curses and bleeding is actually covered with the "bone armour" skill from our passives.

jewels

Watcher's eye: with any kind of energyshield regen bonus while affected by discipline.

Fortress covenant: This jewel can only be placed in the jewel slot above elemental equilibrium, otherwise it will affect our minions negativly. (20% extra damage taken)

Undending hunger: Best placed above starting point, quite expensive but worth it.

Any open jewel slots can be filled with ghastly eyes that have: life, ES, minion attack/movement speed, minion damage, minion phys dmg, etc.
Also make sure to get one of these corrupted with "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you"

skills

Weapon:
Empower Support (lvl 4)
Raise zombies (lvl 21)
Feeding Frenzy (lvl 21)

Empower can be replaced with minion damage, melee splash or melee physical damage. Especially while lvl'ing.

Shield:
Hatred
Generosity Support

Flame Dash

Flame dash can either be linked or not linked -> doesn't matter
It can also be replaced with any other movement skill you like.

armour:
Raise spectre (lvl 21)
Minion damage support (lvl 21)
Controlled Destruction support (lvl 21)
Elemental focus support (lvl 21)
Summon Phantasm (lvl 21)
Greater multiple projectiles (lvl 21)

Helmet:
Feeding Frenzy (lvl 21)
Melee physicial support (lvl 21)
Ruthless support (lvl 21)
VAAL summon skeleton (lvl 21)

gloves:
Phase Run (lvl 1)
Desecrate (lvl 7)
Spirit offering (lvl 8)
Cast when damage taken support (lvl1)

DO NOT over level your gems or it won't work!

Phase run could also be replaced with any guard skill you would like (immortal call, steelskin etc.)

boots:
Arc
Cast while channeling support
Cyclone

Holy Relic

Make sure holy relic is NOT linked.

(unset)ring:
Discipline

The Hungry loop (ring) with carrion golem:
Minion damage support (lvl 20)
ruthless support (lvl20)
melee physical damage support (lvl 20)
Hypothermia support (lvl 20)

Carrion golem (lvl 21)

Fastest way to get the skills in hungry loop is to buy lvl 19 gems (with exp) and level them to 20 when socketed into hungry loop.

--------------

Any gems that can be replaced with the awakened version should be replaced, however it's not mandatory to get a decent DPS output.

bandits & pantheons

KILL ALL obviously

For pantheons it doesn't really matter much, choose whatever you like.
I often play with Lunaris and Ralakesh, if you must know.

QUESTIONS reletated to this build are best posted in this thread, I'll do my best to answer them.
Please DO NOT contact me ingame, it will disturb my trading, gameplay and fun. On top of that it's anoying and I won't be able to test, expand, record, etc. anything related to this build.

Thank you for understanding and checking out my build!
Last edited by FutureFear on Jan 1, 2020, 11:21:03 AM
Last bumped on Jan 13, 2020, 12:22:00 PM
Nice Build Variant so far. Do you also use one Solar Guard and rest Frost Sentinels with this build?
"
kuhli wrote:
Nice Build Variant so far. Do you also use one Solar Guard and rest Frost Sentinels with this build?

All solar guards here, the "beam" attack they do deals massives dmg and often can one-shot most groups of adds. Even though they've been nerved alot in the past they still are one the most viable and best spectres to use.

certainly if you consider elemental equalibrium. with our lighting proc from arc both fire and cold damage get -50% resistance to both. Wich solar guards use extensively.

I do have to say that any kind of spectres that deal either cold or fire will do just fine, however my skill gem setup is made for solar guards.
Your build does not have a 17m shaper dps.
3 spectre in PoB...
where did the figure 17m come from?
Don't you think that somewhere you made a mistake in describing your build?
"
megakill74 wrote:
3 spectre in PoB...

Probably only when Vaal Skeletons and every other buff perfectly align.

Realistically you'll never sustain that, but the build is rock solid and quick the whole way through.
"
hyperionxl wrote:
"
megakill74 wrote:
3 spectre in PoB...

Probably only when Vaal Skeletons and every other buff perfectly align.

Realistically you'll never sustain that, but the build is rock solid and quick the whole way through.

it was possible to write 50m DPS anyway no one will check yes?
in this build there is not even a 5m shaper dps, not to mention the mythical 17m ...
Looks like a lot of PoB warrior trickery on this build. Unchecking most of the boxes like, burning/moving/shocked/chilled/power/frenzy/ed onslaugh/etc halves the damage output.

It's still a good build though, but a little silly to me. I'm currently leveling a summoner necro now and it's batshit insanely strong. I might transition into this build from my current path. Seems easier and more fun.

This build is nowhere near to 17 million shaper dps lmao. Maybe if you're with an aurabot who popped all their Vaal Auras and has 6 curses up and the stars align, you'll pull 17M dps for about 4 seconds before it goes back down to 2M.
~ Seph
Last edited by sephrinx on Dec 18, 2019, 12:54:02 AM
Let's set my 17M shaper DPS straight, and how I actually got the number.

Yes it's with POB tweaking, and YES alot of debuff's aren't calculated BECAUSE most of the time you don't run around debuffed with this build, since minions kill so fast mobs don't even have the chance to attack.

So all I did = multiply every minions TOTAL DPS output with the number we can spawn (according to POB).

For example:
Solar guards can get 66K (give or take) 3x solar guards = 198K for all my solar guards.

So yes it's just an arbitrary number put together when ALL minions are up, wich for most bossfights they actually are... would be silly if you didn't summon them all...

So all the numbers of all the minions -> spectres, skeletons, carrion golem(s), zombies, phantasms and holy relic are calculated and added together.

my intention is not to mislead anyone, the build can clear any content with ease and probably can be tweaked to even deal more DPS IF it wasn't a hybrid build.

Also keep in mind most parts of the build are from Hercanic's speaker of the dead build, wich has proven to be viable for quite some time now.
All I did is tweak the tree a little bit, get a few new skills and added a freaking 5 link ring to the build.

I doubt we can get even more 4-5-6 or even 7 linked in one build as this one.
(without losing resistance/defense)

I hope this settles it.
I have been playing around with this build a little and I already like it a lot. Fun to play, tons of damage and plenty survivability. I was playing Anki's Arc witch which wasn't a perfect choice for me. Too little single target damage, quite squishy and a real flask spammer.

I am just over 70, starting with maps and looking very much forward to take this deep into the endgame. A job well done, FutureFear!
I think the pastebin link is broken? Cant find passive skill tree image

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info