3.9 The Blood Witch Tank - 7.5K life, 2k+ regen - Skeleton Army

"
Kodesterx wrote:

Thanks. What about pantheon's?

I'm sitting at about 1342 health regen and want to get to the 2k mark. Could you take a look at my char to see what I could improve?

Soul of Lunaris fully upgraded for the phys reduction and avoiding chained projectiles. With ~25 minions chained projectiles can hurt.

For minor god I usually take Gruthkul for even more phys reduction, but with the additional chaos damage this league I think Shakari is the better choice.

For you life regen....
You actually have about 1,906 life regen right now if you've been hit recently to get the extra regen from your boots.

Remember that mods in red aren't recognized or calculated by POB. Such as our minion based bonuses from Femurs and the Bone Barrier ascendancy. I manually calculate those and then add them to my Femur.

#Note that you'll only see the full 30% increased life recovery from Bone Barrier when you use your vaal skellies on bosses. During normal mapping you'll have about 25% increased life recovery due to less minions.

With 2 more levels grabbing two more life nodes from the Scion wheel along with getting your stone golem to level 20 you'll be at 1992 life regen. To break that 2k mark you can work on upgrading your gear to get more life. Your Sapphire ring is good, but your unset ring only has +47 life. Try to get +70 or higher on that one as well. Same with your boots. The resistances and enchant on those are awesome, but you have an ES roll instead of a life roll. You have enough strength that the double strength roll isn't needed. Replace that with a marble amulet with the life regen implicit instead of +24 strength and you would get another 1%+ regen.

That's all small stuff though. Overall your character looks to be coming along very nicely!
Hi there :)

i am having fun with this build so far, thanks for your good work :)

I wanted to ask you about auras. Since Haste and Pride both reserves 50% of mana pool, how do you manage to use Flesh and Stone
"
p4trio wrote:

I wanted to ask you about auras. Since Haste and Pride both reserves 50% of mana pool, how do you manage to use Flesh and Stone

Glad you're having fun with it! The POB has both aura's, but only Haste is checked. Pride is only there as an option if you don't have the haste/phasing watchers eye. I prefer haste due to the movement speed bonus and defensive benefits of phasing, but pride is more DPS if you prefer that option.
"
stoudtlr wrote:
"
p4trio wrote:

Glad you're having fun with it! The POB has both aura's, but only Haste is checked. Pride is only there as an option if you don't have the haste/phasing watchers eye. I prefer haste due to the movement speed bonus and defensive benefits of phasing, but pride is more DPS if you prefer that option.

Oh I didnt noticed that it is unchecked, my bad. Thanks for quick response :)
Really, really great build. If the staple components don't get nerfed in 3.10 (4.0?) I'll likely be league starting this next round.

One thing -- is there a good way to make it so you can get corpses for blood offering without popping out the CWDT gem?

Some areas (blighted maps, metamorphs, boss fights) make it tough to use blood offering.
"
Irongrave wrote:
Really, really great build. If the staple components don't get nerfed in 3.10 (4.0?) I'll likely be league starting this next round.

One thing -- is there a good way to make it so you can get corpses for blood offering without popping out the CWDT gem?

Some areas (blighted maps, metamorphs, boss fights) make it tough to use blood offering.

The easiest thing to do if you don't have corpses when you need them is to just level your desecrate one more level so you can manually cast it. The downside is no more corpses automatically created whenever you are hit. Another option, and the one I prefer, is to remove faster attacks from leap slam and place a 2nd desecrate there. Between the Haste aura, vaal haste, and movement flask I usually run everywhere only using leap slam on the initial pack encounter so I don't mind losing faster attacks.
Hi again :)

So I've just killed Sirus I would say with ease x)

I made some changes in chase for dmg :D... if you are interested you can check my try with your build.

I hade to spec 4 points into Sovereignty to use 3rd aura but the rest is the same. And I'm using some other gems and manually casting everything as it was fun for me to use more than 2 buttons :D Also I am just 88 not 100 :)

Here's the POB with added calculation for shock from SB

https://pastebin.com/qpFVvxKa

Please dont be offended as I dont have as much life as you do :)
"
p4trio wrote:
Hi again :)

So I've just killed Sirus I would say with ease x)

I made some changes in chase for dmg :D... if you are interested you can check my try with your build.

I hade to spec 4 points into Sovereignty to use 3rd aura but the rest is the same. And I'm using some other gems and manually casting everything as it was fun for me to use more than 2 buttons :D Also I am just 88 not 100 :)

Here's the POB with added calculation for shock from SB

https://pastebin.com/qpFVvxKa

Please dont be offended as I dont have as much life as you do :)

Not offended at all. That's actually awesome. I like to see people adapt as they see fit instead of just blindly following the guide. I like to play tanky, but if you'd rather a little less life for more DPS that's fine too. More DPS is a form of defense anyway. The quicker things die the less time they have to attack you.

I'm actually not following the original guide exactly any more either. Lol. I dropped a bit of Regen, a little life, and the second golem to try out a max block variant. I like it, but not sure which I would say is better. They both have their pro's and con's.

Here's what I've currently been playing with. With rainbow stride boots I have max spell block, but I've switched to rare boots and have been sinking currency into elder bone helmets trying to hit "+2/3 minions" and "6% chance to block spell damage" to get back to max spell block. Hit it once, but the rest of the rolls were junk so I sold and started over.
Spoiler
Last edited by stoudtlr on Jan 20, 2020, 4:51:07 PM
NICE!
Actually I wondered if the rare helmet wouldnt be better(lot of nice things to roll), but found Baron as one of core pieces of the build so I kept it, and also had a lot of thoughts about swapping maim for impale.
I have run into an insue when calculating with Maim supp and Flesh and Stone.
As they both incresed damage taken when maimed by the skill(I suppose that u can be maimed just by the one at the time), I didnt know if they actually don't overlap themeselves and PoB just do math badly.

Anayway, thanks for showing your new project :) what's your chance to block now?
"
p4trio wrote:

Anayway, thanks for showing your new project :) what's your chance to block now?

75% attack block and 69% spell block. Will be 75/75 once I finally successfully roll and elder helmet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info