[3.9 WIP] ElemCheif Artillery

i'm having trouble with single target, anyone got an idea?
"
zj0ckez wrote:

Hmm signal fire+avatar of fire with shrapnel ballista?
Hi! Glad to see someone had (almost) the same idea as I had! I'm full Chieftain cause I though it could be more beneficial to use all its Ascendency for good. I was not wrong but I believe Scion as Chief/Elementalist or Hierophant is definitely better. I'm trying to stack tons of Dex right now with items and I'm having a good time, the build could work in both cases for sure. I'm sure Explosive arrow + Ballista is better, but I wanna to make this a fun league.

Does concentrated and slower projections support makes the ballistas better? I'm using full fire/elemental supports and damage is good, but I have too much trouble for single target.

Edit: Just to add, I'm using Storm brand to spread flammability and proc EE and EO, since I got all the brand and totems passives in the tree. Maybe you could try it!
Last edited by NathanAP on Dec 17, 2019, 7:44:07 AM
"
NathanAP wrote:
Hi! Glad to see someone had (almost) the same idea as I had! I'm full Chieftain cause I though it could be more beneficial to use all its Ascendency for good. I was not wrong but I believe Scion as Chief/Elementalist or Hierophant is definitely better. I'm trying to stack tons of Dex right now with items and I'm having a good time, the build could work in both cases for sure. I'm sure Explosive arrow + Ballista is better, but I wanna to make this a fun league.

Does concentrated and slower projections support makes the ballistas better? I'm using full fire/elemental supports and damage is good, but I have too much trouble for single target.

Edit: Just to add, I'm using Storm brand to spread flammability and proc EE and EO, since I got all the brand and totems passives in the tree. Maybe you could try it!

I am atm. considering a siege ballista build with 100% to fire conversion.
"
NathanAP wrote:

Beware that EE is applied by your totems, so you're regularly giving ennemies fire res. And if you have Ancestral Bond, Storm Brand won't apply EE. Storm Brand is still very good for EO and CoH.

"
zj0ckez wrote:

For single target, you can try Blast Rain - Ballista Support. It's almost the same as Artillery, but it shotguns a lot better as all arrows hit the same target. Concentrated Effect works well with it. But you should definitely keep an Artillery setup for clearing.
"
Eärwing wrote:

Beware that EE is applied by your totems, so you're regularly giving ennemies fire res. And if you have Ancestral Bond, Storm Brand won't apply EE. Storm Brand is still very good for EO and CoH.

I don't use Ancestral Bond since people told me to try using storm brand to proc EE, EO, curse and do some damage (since I have a lot of brand nodes). I don't know if its worth to use EE cause the shots from Artillery are seems to be too much compared to the Brand tick, at least for single target. I used it on the Acts and I had the impression that I was doing a lot of damage, it seems worth it, but I'm not the best to tell you honestly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info