3.9| Stress-Free PoE - CURSING CI |SSF the Atlas w/ 1 Button & Any Gear|Dungeon Crawl PoE!

"
Meutrich wrote:
Hi Wrecker, hi community!
Giving this nice build a try since Saturday and still leveling.
I dare say, switching early to CI was challenging. Especially since i‘m new to CI anyway, but it is possible.
Now, at the beginning of Act 8, i‘m done with the hardest part.
I more and more like the build. It brings everything i hoped for:
- relaxed playstyle for the old man, no knots in the fingers
- more insights in crafting since SSF
- not a cheap build, just requiring 20 EX+....
OK, as it is SSF, the last point is not counting anyway....

I have brought a question for the community. As i‘m currently still levelling, how is your experience with especially incursions and breaches with this build ?

And Wrecker, keep up the good work !
Thanks Meutrich!

That's very kind of you! I'm glad you're liking it and that it suits your playstyle! It's true though, no matter when you take CI, it has its pros and cons.

To answer your question, this build is great at groups, but low on single target damage. So it's tough to upgrade Incursion rooms with this build because we normally run out of time.

Keep us posted on how your progress goes!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"

To answer your question, this build is great at groups, but low on single target damage. So it's tough to upgrade Incursion rooms with this build because we normally run out of time.

Keep us posted on how your progress goes![/span]

That is, what i noticed in Act 7, when i did the Alva quest. Happy, that is common understanding and not a lack of personal ability.
Currently lvl 69, 4.2 K ES, about 36K DoT and did my first yellow T2 Allyways with twin boss. Still on 4-link, off course.
It is fun, spamming chaos on gear. Actually resulting in nice outcomes, if rng is with you.

Bleeding is a pain. So i‘m hoping for some „corrupted blood can not be inflicted on you“ ...
"
Meutrich wrote:
That is, what i noticed in Act 7, when i did the Alva quest. Happy, that is common understanding and not a lack of personal ability.
Currently lvl 69, 4.2 K ES, about 36K DoT and did my first yellow T2 Allyways with twin boss. Still on 4-link, off course.
It is fun, spamming chaos on gear. Actually resulting in nice outcomes, if rng is with you.

Bleeding is a pain. So i‘m hoping for some „corrupted blood can not be inflicted on you“ ...
Sweet. I'm glad you're enjoying it! Ya, Burning and Bleeding are tough. I use Flasks for those. But they can definitely take you by surprise.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Still very fond of this build. Mapping is so much fun. Bosses take a bit of time. But as a permanent league player I'm not in a hurry :)

That's my MyLadyDarbanville so far (standard, SSF).

There's two things I'm thinking about:

First - changing the skill tree. A bit more offensive, less defensive. Going all the way to Fingers of Frost in the upper right corner. However, I'd have to sacrifice some energy shield-points. According to Path of Build that would make me drop from ~ 10.500 energy shield to 9.800 (depending on the amulet anointment). Doesn't sound like a big deal, but I'm not sure about it.

Second - There are several interesting anoinments for the amulet (in alphabetical order):

Spoiler
Arcane Guarding
Oils: Clear / Teal / Black
60% increased Energy Shield from Equipped Shield
20% increased Spell Damage if you've Blocked Recently
15% increased Spell Damage while holding a Shield
+6% Chance to Block Spell Damage while holding a Shield

Divine Judgement
Oils: Sepia / Teal/ Black
18% increased Elemental Damage
Damage Penetrates 5% Elemental Resistances
+6% to Fire Damage over Time Multiplier
10% increased Effect of non-Damaging Ailments on Enemies

Entropy
Oils: Sepia / Amber / Crimson
27% increased Damage over Time
5% increased Skill Effect Duration

Fingers of Frost
Oils: Golden / Violet / Crimson
Enemies Become Chilled as they Unfreeze
10% chance to Freeze Enemies which are Chilled
12% increased Cold Damage
10% increased Effect of Chill
+10% to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier

Frost Walker
Oils: Opalescent / Verdant / Violet
25% increased Cold Damage
+15% to Cold Resistance
5% increased Cast Speed with Cold Skills

Holy Dominion
Oils: Azure / Azure / Crimson
12% increased Elemental Damage
+12% to all Elemental Resistances
5% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite
12% increased Physical Damage

Snowforged
Oils: Sepia / Azure / Black
25% increased Fire Damage
30% increased Critical Strike Chance
+10% to Fire and Cold Resistances

Storm Weaver
Oils: Sepia / Crimson / Black
25% increased Lightning Damage
20% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
10% increased Effect of non-Damaging Ailments on Enemies)

Am I missing somehting important?

Right now I'm using Entropy. Pretty budget solution. Fingers of Frost and Frostwalker are too expensive. Arcane Guarding looks neat, offensive and defensive combined.

Regarding Divine Judgement and Holy Dominon: Does "elemental damage" affect our hit and our over time cold damage? If that is the case, both of them seem to be quite good, too.

What are you guys using (if anything at all)?
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
Spoiler
Still very fond of this build. Mapping is so much fun. Bosses take a bit of time. But as a permanent league player I'm not in a hurry :)

First - changing the skill tree. A bit more offensive, less defensive. Going all the way to Fingers of Frost in the upper right corner. However, I'd have to sacrifice some energy shield-points. According to Path of Build that would make me drop from ~ 10.500 energy shield to 9.800 (depending on the amulet anointment). Doesn't sound like a big deal, but I'm not sure about it.

Second - There are several interesting anoinments for the amulet (in alphabetical order):

Spoiler
Arcane Guarding

Divine Judgement

Entropy

Fingers of Frost

Frost Walker
+15% to Cold Resistance

Holy Dominion

Snowforged

Storm Weaver

Right now I'm using Entropy. Pretty budget solution. Fingers of Frost and Frostwalker are too expensive. Arcane Guarding looks neat, offensive and defensive combined.

Regarding Divine Judgement and Holy Dominon: Does "elemental damage" affect our hit and our over time cold damage? If that is the case, both of them seem to be quite good, too.

That's some great gear Caligula_Exile! I'd love to have some of those! Great job! Your weapon is an old-school favourite of mine for sure. It fits well with the build.

I think Fingers of Frost is a good path for damage. Good call. You'll be fine 9.8k ES, in my opinion.

Your anointment choices are tough to pick between. If you're looking for damage, Entropy and Fingers of Frost are optimal with the Cold DOT Multiplier. The tough part is that path to Entropy does less damage than the one to Fingers, but Entropy is so close it's hard to use an anointment on it. I can't tell you what I'd choose. You've given good options.

Yes, Elemental Damage nodes & mods impact both our Hit and our DOT.

Thanks again for your encouragement and kindness. You're fantastic as always. I'm considering putting the 3 curses as auras, next league. It'd get rid of Discipline and Malevolence but survivability would dramatically increase with the auras always on. Here's the Pastebin if anyone wants to compare and give feedback: https://pastebin.com/f4LyhL67.

Annnnnd

I think Tranquility is the best anointment damage-wise, but it is kinda expensive since you need 1 Azure Oil and 2 Golden Oils. It gives 5% increased max ES and ALL increases and reductions to Maximum Energy Shield also apply to spell damage at 30% of their value, which is a huge damage boost imo.
Last edited by Steezbutter on Feb 27, 2020, 7:46:17 PM
"
Steezbutter wrote:
I think Tranquility is the best anointment damage-wise, but it is kinda expensive since you need 1 Azure Oil and 2 Golden Oils. It gives 5% increased max ES and ALL increases and reductions to Maximum Energy Shield also apply to spell damage at 30% of their value, which is a huge damage boost imo.
Dang Steezbutter! That sounds awesome! That's sweet. I want that ;).

Annnnnd

"
Spoiler
"
Spoiler

Spoiler
Arcane Guarding

Divine Judgement

Entropy

Fingers of Frost

Frost Walker
+15% to Cold Resistance

Holy Dominion

Snowforged

Storm Weaver

That's some great gear Caligula_Exile! I'd love to have some of those! Great job! Your weapon is an old-school favourite of mine for sure. It fits well with the build.

I think Fingers of Frost is a good path for damage. Good call. You'll be fine 9.8k ES, in my opinion.

Your anointment choices are tough to pick between. If you're looking for damage, Entropy and Fingers of Frost are optimal with the Cold DOT Multiplier. The tough part is that path to Entropy does less damage than the one to Fingers, but Entropy is so close it's hard to use an anointment on it. I can't tell you what I'd choose. You've given good options.

Thanks again for your encouragement and kindness. You're fantastic as always. I'm considering putting the 3 curses as auras, next league. It'd get rid of Discipline and Malevolence but survivability would dramatically increase with the auras always on. Here's the Pastebin if anyone wants to compare and give feedback: https://pastebin.com/f4LyhL67.

Thank you very much! The triple-curse-aura sounds interesting. I'd miss vaal discilpine, though, sometimes it saved me for its instant start of energy shield recharge. I can't wait to see the new version of your guide :)

"
Steezbutter wrote:
Spoiler

That's definitely the best of all... I didn#t even know it existed. Let#s hope for a generous Cassia :D
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
"
Spoiler

Thank you very much! The triple-curse-aura sounds interesting. I'd miss vaal discilpine, though, sometimes it saved me for its instant start of energy shield recharge. I can't wait to see the new version of your guide :)
I also have been considering having one of the curses on CwDT and Curse on Hit and keeping Discipline. Just thoughts. :)

Annnnnd

Thanks Wrecker for your guides & thank you to everybody for your great input. This was my 2nd full league, started about 1/2 way through in Legion. My primary char uses your slow-mo zombies build, got up to lvl 93, and only got up to lvl 83 with this build but very much enjoyed it as a alternative to the minion build.

Wanted to say thank you for all your hard work/sharing & wanted to link the chest piece I got over the weekend for 1Exalt. Raised my ES from 4kish to around 7.3k. Wished I had shopped for it prior to the end of the season, but next time right? :) (This season was the first season I traded for anything on either of my chars, so was nice to get over that hurdle of trying trading)

-Thaldar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info