3.9| Stress-Free PoE - CURSING CI |SSF the Atlas w/ 1 Button & Any Gear|Dungeon Crawl PoE!

Hi Wrecker_of_Days !

First thanks a lot for your guide, it's the second time I go for a SSF season and that's far better than the last time, I think your build's a lot better than my previous one (Armageddon Brand). I'm currently reaching maps around T8-10. I'm liking a lot the gameplay, but I begin to feel that T14+ will become really hard to get to.

I sometimes get nearly OS by bosses without any escape to trigger ES recharge or a combination of freeze+bleed+distant attacks. I changed my gameplay to be more careful (loved the "shark" name) but still, sometimes maps configuration can proved hard to apply it.

I got around 7.7k ES with discipline, which is not so much. My belt give a little of escaping but not so much, no armor and capped resistances.

So now I'm trying to improve my stuff (which is hard for SSF) but I don't know what to change :
* my gloves ( very low ES ) but give 50% spell damage. As I my damage seems to be low in T8+ maps, i'm reluctant to drop it.
* my boots (also low ES) but 30% speed which I consider to be really important => what should I try to craft ? how ?
* my flasks => I really don't know what to change or craft
* my chest => I could go for 5 links but (farming Prophecy through Divinitation), could I craft something better before 5-liking it ?

Also Did I missed somethings with passive tree ? I did very few modifications from your 90-target (dropped Cursed Concoction for Entropy)

Again, thanks a lot for all your advices !

Last edited by D7rkounnet on Jan 29, 2020, 2:55:56 AM
"
D7rkounnet wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker_of_Days !

First thanks a lot for your guide, it's the second time I go for a SSF season and that's far better than the last time, I think your build's a lot better than my previous one (Armageddon Brand). I'm currently reaching maps around T8-10. I'm liking a lot the gameplay, but I begin to feel that T14+ will become really hard to get to.

I sometimes get nearly OS by bosses without any escape to trigger ES recharge or a combination of freeze+bleed+distant attacks. I changed my gameplay to be more careful (loved the "shark" name) but still, sometimes maps configuration can proved hard to apply it.

I got around 7.7k ES with discipline, which is not so much. My belt give a little of escaping but not so much, no armor and capped resistances.

So now I'm trying to improve my stuff (which is hard for SSF) but I don't know what to change :
* my gloves ( very low ES ) but give 50% spell damage. As I my damage seems to be low in T8+ maps, i'm reluctant to drop it.
* my boots (also low ES) but 30% speed which I consider to be really important => what should I try to craft ? how ?
* my flasks => I really don't know what to change or craft
* my chest => I could go for 5 links but (farming Prophecy through Divinitation), could I craft something better before 5-liking it ?

Also Did I missed somethings with passive tree ? I did very few modifications from your 90-target (dropped Cursed Concoction for Entropy)

Again, thanks a lot for all your advices !

Hey D7rkounnet!

I'm glad you're enjoying the build! It does great late game too, don't worry. But of course, the game isn't designed to be beaten with mediocre gear. By default, all characters on someone's PoE profile are set to private. Once you make yours public, I'll be able to take a look and see what's going on.

In general, I prioritize ES over all mods. Then I'll go for damage.

My flasks are what get me out of trouble. I just use mana and Quartz flasks. Some get rid of bleed, some burning, some freeze.

With boots, I like getting the highest ES possible, with a free Prefix for "15% movement speed and can't be chilled".

Once you have 150 fusings, wait for that perfect chest piece that gives you TONS of ES (resists and such are easy to make up on the rest of your gear). Then 5 link it.

Sorry, I can't be more thorough right now. Let me know when your characters are public and I'll do what I can.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Sorry, I can't be more thorough right now. Let me know when your characters are public and I'll do what I can.

Of course I forgot to uncheck privacy on Characters tab, silly me, now it's fixed. Thanks for your advices on chest piece.
Last edited by D7rkounnet on Jan 29, 2020, 4:26:42 PM
"
D7rkounnet wrote:
"

Of course I forgot to uncheck privacy on Characters tab, silly me, now it's fixed. Thanks for your advices on chest piece.
Awesome. So I took a look at your gear and tree and I think you have a great setup. Great gear! I wish I had some of those mod combos. I like the small changes you've made to the tree too!

I think a 5 link would make your smile go as big as the Grinch's. So I'd find
a Vaal Regalia, as high a level as possible, and tinker with it on the side. Save your 150 fusings (if you don't have them). Transmute the Regalia and use Alterations on it until you get an amazing ES roll. Regal it and hope for a great corresponding mod or a free Prefix to add to it. Once you get rolls that make your current chest look like peanuts (which it's pretty good), spend your 150 fusings to get it 5 linked.

Honestly, other than that, your gear looks great! Just the basic, redundant, advice from that point...lots of ES, then damage.

Great job!

Oh right! You have a flask that gets rid of poison but you're immune to poison.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Awesome. So I took a look at your gear and tree and I think you have a great setup. Great gear! I wish I had some of those mod combos. I like the small changes you've made to the tree too!

I think a 5 link would make your smile go as big as the Grinch's. So I'd find
a Vaal Regalia, as high a level as possible, and tinker with it on the side. Save your 150 fusings (if you don't have them). Transmute the Regalia and use Alterations on it until you get an amazing ES roll. Regal it and hope for a great corresponding mod or a free Prefix to add to it. Once you get rolls that make your current chest look like peanuts (which it's pretty good), spend your 150 fusings to get it 5 linked.

Honestly, other than that, your gear looks great! Just the basic, redundant, advice from that point...lots of ES, then damage.

Great job!

Oh right! You have a flask that gets rid of poison but you're immune to poison.[/span]

Thanks for taking time to check on my setup !

- For the chest

I already got the 150 fusing bot i think I could get a higher roll on a Vaal Regalia than I already did. I'll go that way and try to get a better one. I'm happy to hear that 5-linking it will be a huge step for dps ;)

- For boots and gloves

I will also try and follow your advices, and go for much higher ES than damage.

- Flask

WTF I did not see that ... I'll go for more burning/bleeding removal

Your build is really impressive cause it can adapt to SSF and use CI ! I will keep in touch when some changes will be done to give you feedback.

Have fun and thanks again !
"
D7rkounnet wrote:
Thanks for taking time to check on my setup !

- For the chest

I already got the 150 fusing bot i think I could get a higher roll on a Vaal Regalia than I already did. I'll go that way and try to get a better one. I'm happy to hear that 5-linking it will be a huge step for dps ;)

- For boots and gloves

I will also try and follow your advices, and go for much higher ES than damage.

- Flask

WTF I did not see that ... I'll go for more burning/bleeding removal

Your build is really impressive cause it can adapt to SSF and use CI ! I will keep in touch when some changes will be done to give you feedback.

Have fun and thanks again !
Thanks D7rkounnet!

That's very kind of you. I'm glad you're having so much fun and I look forward to your feedback!

Annnnnd

Hey Everyone!
I'm just testing some new colours here.
ES and Vortex are icey and blue...
But also but white is icey too.
So we'll see. Anyway, on to the point of the message!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Wrecker_of_Days/item-filters

Hey Everyone!

Just a heads up, I'm doing a filter overhaul. I've decided to make filters for EVERYONE, not just guide specific filters. The EVERYONE filter obviously includes all item bases and the GUIDE specific filter only shows guide relevant gear. As usual, my filters will show ALL non-gear drops. They'll only filter gear. Now that I have a filter for EVERYONE, my guide specific filter is more specific than the original one.

Both the EVERYONE filter and the GUIDE filter have the Starting OFF, All Setup, and No Low Currency versions to Follow. The GUIDE filters will be changed shortly.

If you use my filters, let me know what you think of the changes!

Thanks for your time.

Annnnnd

Ok the promise seems awesome, and I have similar constraints as you do. But how do you level this darn thing.

The passive tree creates a tank for the first few levels, but by the end of act-I, Merveil, or even rare monsters (let alone metamorphs) seem tough to kill.

Would really really appreciate a levelling guide for this build!!!
Hi, while I am bored on softcore trade league (I found repeating the same around and around quite annoying+ unable do specific craft- just my bad luck) I decided give a try to SSF HC and choosed this build. Build looks promising and hope I will not be disappointed ;-)
need just one advice: When I should go CI?
"
Ok the promise seems awesome, and I have similar constraints as you do. But how do you level this darn thing.

The passive tree creates a tank for the first few levels, but by the end of act-I, Merveil, or even rare monsters (let alone metamorphs) seem tough to kill.

Would really really appreciate a levelling guide for this build!!!
Hey SalvatoreBlack!

Thanks for the feedback! I hope you enjoy it. I will be adding vague levelling sections for 3.10. I don't like giving levelling sections though. I find that if someone needs a levelling section it's best that they make decisions with quests, gems, and mods on their own. People learn the game so fast when they make their own choices.

I use the guide's skills as soon as their available. Until then, I use Frostbolt. I like how it "pierces" and it deals cold damage. In terms of going CI, I go CI as soon as I can but that's not a popular decision in the community. I don't mind dying on occasion as I level.

I'm happy to answer specific questions though. What did you want in the levelling section that you're hoping to have answered today? I'll respond as quickly as I can.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info