3.9|Stress-Free PoE- ENDURING FIRE (RF) |SSF the Atlas w/ 1Button & Any Gear|Dungeon Crawl PoE!

"
As you go through the game you'll come across Trials of Ascendancy. Starting in Act 3 you'll see their value. Once you have completed all 6 of the first set of trails, you'll get to attempt your first Labyrinth (lab). Good luck! Upon completion Choose Chieftain. You get two ascendancy points per lab. There are four labs for a total of 8 points. (Redoing the same lab will not reward you with more ascendancy points if you've already completed it.)

You can spend your points in any order you like. This is my personal order:
- 1st Two Points - Tasalio, Cleansing Water. A busy node. You get life regen. You get lots more life regen if you've been hit by physical or fire damage from an enemy (not your RF). You can get ignited, but the ignite damage won't harm you (it does not affect how RF burns you). You gain 100% to your fire resist. (This is additive. You'll need 135% minimum for end game and Purity of Fire will take care of the rest :).) (This node is essential for running RF as early as possible without needing any items.)
- 2nd Two Points - Tawhoa, Forest's Strength. It gives a good chance to get an Endurance Charge whenever we use a Fire Skill, which cast automatically. It also gives us bonus damage per Endurance Charge.
- 3rd Two Points - Valako, Storm's Embrace. Gives bonus life regen per Endurance Charge and increases our Maximum Endurance Charge limit by 1.
- 4th Two Points - Ramako, Sun's Light. Damage. The only part of this node that matters is the multiplier to Fire Damage Over Time. But it's A LOT of damage.

Tawhoa has a chance to give Endurance Charge (35% chance)
I understand the 35% chance of the ascendency. However, OP doesn't use any fire skill. RF doesn't activate it. So do we only get charges for being hit?
Hey,

i like this build a lot because i love RF and it works very well for me, but i have one big problem and that is Boss damage.
Running T15-16 Maps easy but as soon as the boss or metamorph comes it takes forever kinda, was thinking about changing my kaoms heart for a 6-Link Chest with Scorching Ray or something.

Any Ideas?

"
Pacemaker007 wrote:
I understand the 35% chance of the ascendency. However, OP doesn't use any fire skill. RF doesn't activate it. So do we only get charges for being hit?

Make sure you setup the automated skills as the Op lays out, they activate them. I know someone recently said they dont proc but I constantly have like 7 charges following the exact gem link setup.

But ya, it should be those CWDT setups, 2 of them procing charges, EE, etc, the 3rd CWDT just provides your golem and extra regen etc.

These two 4 link CWDT are what I mean, see above.
Hmmm I am using those exact gems but maybe I need to put cwdt first and then ball lightning. I didn't think it mattered...
If you can try to buy up some unveiled items, majority are 1 chaos each so you can unlock tier 3 crafting bench modifiers, I have been able to make some really good improvements to my gear with them.

Specifically my helmet and amulet, adding an additional level to RF and dramatically increasing its area of effect and damage.

and
Last edited by JCOH35 on Dec 28, 2019, 9:27:07 AM
Nvm :/

Shit was posted here, sorry.
Last edited by Chuchichuchachu on Dec 30, 2019, 5:13:02 AM
I'm level 66 at the moment and following this build, with all gems and levels per listed levels.

I'm really not enjoying this build and hoping to hell it gets better... I've never played a build that's such a pain in the ass of maintaining adequate life regen, and yet doing so little damage.

Anyone else having similar problems? My gear is quite good for level 66, but I'm sure I'll see some improvement with 70+ level gear.

I just feel that there are similarly cheap builds that sustain much better damage and survive-ability, with much less effort (and are more fun to play).

Thoughts?

My current gear for reference:

edit to add: new rings
Last edited by deviantek on Dec 30, 2019, 10:53:33 PM
"
deviantek wrote:
I'm level 66 at the moment and following this build, with all gems and levels per listed levels.

I'm really not enjoying this build and hoping to hell it gets better... I've never played a build that's such a pain in the ass of maintaining adequate life regen, and yet doing so little damage.

Anyone else having similar problems? My gear is quite good for level 66, but I'm sure I'll see some improvement with 70+ level gear.

I just feel that there are similarly cheap builds that sustain much better damage and survive-ability, with much less effort (and are more fun to play).

Thoughts?

Its your gear tbh, specifically your resistance max levels, you want a max fire resist of 85 to 86%, with that you can literally just afk during a delve encounter and come back to collect your loot.

You just need to grab a max level Purity of Fire, keep in mind the lv21/23% quality ones are also affordable, like 1ex or below and secondly you need 1 of 2 shields;
Saffels Frame or Rise of the Phoenix, RoTP has 1% more max fire resist BUT Saffels gives 4% to all 3 max resists which is massive.

Now I could be wrong but after looking at your gear a second time I dont think your EE is working b/c your shield is converting a % of physical damage to fire damage which in essence is like having an "fire X damage added to attacks" line, but that will go away when you switch to 1 of the 2 shields I laid out for you.

Now damage wise, on bosses and metamorph bosses I have very good gear, all the skill nodes, annointments etc and even my damage is "meh" but I stay safe with 8.4k life, 85% fire resist / 80% cold/lightning resist, 40% chaos resist, immune to poison etc.

The draw to the build is just a comfy dungeon crawler for people with carpal tunnel, old man fingers, disabilities or just lazy people. If you want a 2.5 million shaper dps build ya this isnt the one for you.

You honestly though arent even scratching the surface yet with what you have going on, if you get a moment glance at my character's equipment, passive tree, jewels etc. I do a few things differntly then OP just based on what works for me but I follow 98% of what he lays out.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Dec 30, 2019, 10:43:05 PM
Just going to lay out the few small things im doing different, and my gear.

Jewel wise I am using 3 jewels in my tree and 1 in my belt, down the road I want a Watcher's Eye with a second line of either Malevolence Increased DoT or Bleed Immunity for now I just have the crucial max physical to fire damage roll.

My two life and fire dot jewels I simply bought with crap rolls for 2 or 3 chaos and I later divined them as I came across a Divine here and there, its much easier then paying 1 to 2 exalted for one with +7/+4 rolls.

In my ascendancy tree I chose Hinekora over Valako, and in my pantheon tree I went with a different minor god, the soul of shakari b/c I am not really ever stationary so I wasnt getting the benefit of the other.

In my gear I opted for strong life and resistances including a very high, positive natural chaos resistance and I focused on a high accuracy rating so my cyclone would always hit and proc my EE and other features. I also chose double unset rings to house my auras so I could use Kaom's Heart for my chest, my 5 link is in my helmet.

For my amulet I chose Breath of Flames annointment, for my boots I farmed the Regen lab enchantment, and I have very little hope of getting a Righteous Fire damage or increased size lab enchant b/c those odds are just a joke.

Flask wise I use 3 life flasks b/c im just bad, I have old man hands and terrible reflexes, I like to be able to just smash flasks when something goes wrong.

Again though, on bosses, I just hold down cyclone and watch tv b/c its not fast, however its easy and safe and im not skipping metamorph bosses like half the people in the forums are.

On a side note, as I stated previously its in your best intrest to buy up cheap unveiled items to power level your crafting bench options, and when choosing gear plan ahead. What I mean by that is, my rings for example, I searched for ones with an open prefix slot so i could craft additional life regen on them.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Dec 30, 2019, 11:04:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info