[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

What would you say are the main differences between a Hiero and a Elementalist for Frost Nova? From what I can tell, top end DPS is higher for Ele, while Hiero may have an easier time gearing & have better defensive layers.

Hiero gets to use MoM quite effectively, will have endurance charges, and is less concerned about mana for low-add boss fights. As well, getting high ES gear isn't as important.

Elementalist is immune to all status ailments, has really high life regen & decent phys DR due to golems, and can be ele reflect immune (at the cost of dps, but maybe worth getting at league start to avoid bricking maps). However, it needs decent ES/life gear to bolster its eHP, and needs enduring mana flask to be up and running to sustain Ice Nova spam (bosses with little/no adds adds may be near impossible as a result).
Last edited by an1drag0n on Dec 12, 2019, 4:51:17 PM
"
an1drag0n wrote:
What would you say are the main differences between a Hiero and a Elementalist for Frost Nova? From what I can tell, top end DPS is higher for Ele, while Hiero may have an easier time gearing & have better defensive layers.

Hiero gets to use MoM quite effectively, will have endurance charges, and is less concerned about mana for low-add boss fights. As well, getting high ES gear isn't as important.

Elementalist is immune to all status ailments, has really high life regen & decent phys DR due to golems, and can be ele reflect immune (at the cost of dps, but maybe worth getting at league start to avoid bricking maps). However, it needs decent ES/life gear to bolster its eHP, and needs enduring mana flask to be up and running to sustain Ice Nova spam (bosses with little/no adds adds may be near impossible as a result).

I'm in the same spot as you trying to figure out if i should go templar or elementalist. To be fair I think the pro's of elementalist is herald of ice, penetration, cast speed and phys mitigation. might also feel more smooth.
the regen doesn't do much since too much of your life pool is ES, well you do leech the ES so it's fine, the crit is nice. and in reality I dont think more than 5 golems in total is worth it.

Hiero should have way better defence with MoM and bigger life+ES. easier use of mana, question is if the aoe is big enough to not feel like not using HoI is shit.

also top end dps might not be higher for ele since there is no lowlife version for templar but my guess is going inquis or assassin would reach the highest dps for lowlife
"
DeadpanLIVE wrote:
I just test-leveled a Hierophant to maps on standard ssf cause i want to use your build as league starter! Very nice work mate.

For anyone interested, thats my Leveling-PoB: https://pastebin.com/Sq2f2mFN

I took every viable node from the budget pob.

Oh my god, thank you so much, I can never figure out how to level builds like this on my own. This should make it very smooth.
"
Tezzla1 wrote:
"
an1drag0n wrote:

I'm in the same spot as you trying to figure out if i should go templar or elementalist. To be fair I think the pro's of elementalist is herald of ice, penetration, cast speed and phys mitigation. might also feel more smooth.
the regen doesn't do much since too much of your life pool is ES, well you do leech the ES so it's fine, the crit is nice. and in reality I dont think more than 5 golems in total is worth it.

Hiero should have way better defence with MoM and bigger life+ES. easier use of mana, question is if the aoe is big enough to not feel like not using HoI is shit.

also top end dps might not be higher for ele since there is no lowlife version for templar but my guess is going inquis or assassin would reach the highest dps for lowlife

Agree with pretty much everything here. My guess is that LL Assassin has absolute highest DPS potential.
"
Arcinde wrote:
"
Tezzla1 wrote:
"
an1drag0n wrote:

Agree with pretty much everything here. My guess is that LL Assassin has absolute highest DPS potential.

Arcinde how do you feel about the mapping as hiero? could you show us some mapping vid? at what point do the build feel smooth when leveling? and do you think the new added cold gem would be good?
Last edited by Tezzla1 on Dec 12, 2019, 6:23:41 PM
"
DeadpanLIVE wrote:
I just test-leveled a Hierophant to maps on standard ssf cause i want to use your build as league starter! Very nice work mate.

oh thanx m8,i was thinking about arc leveling but maybe ill try this instead
Thanks for posting this awesome build.

Has anyone put together a guardian version? Just curious. I'd be more than willing to trade some dps for survivability, and this looks like something where you could put together a guardian with a reasonably high mana pool.

Thanks!
"
DeadpanLIVE wrote:

Thank you! Since this is about as far as I'll be able to get during a busy weekend, this will make it much easier to start.

Again thank you OP for this build and videos showcasing its style so well. Really excited for tomorrow! Cheers all!
Heya , i was trying to test the build out in standard with the starter version and it didnt go well :( , can u please check my pob? i have barely any dps with 5l pledge and it was very squishy and i tried t16 boss's and i barely did any damage to them :(

pob : https://pastebin.com/cVELQyhE

i know im doing something wrong plz help me out :)
"

Heya , i was trying to test the build out in standard with the starter version and it didnt go well :( , can u please check my pob? i have barely any dps with 5l pledge and it was very squishy and i tried t16 boss's and i barely did any damage to them :(

pob : https://pastebin.com/cVELQyhE

i know im doing something wrong plz help me out :)

@Xash_ I'm no expert, but I think you should swap out cold pen for spell echo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info