Facebreaker Marauder

--- Neroon "Love is a form of Insanity"

IGN Standard: Caernavon, Cassius__Clay, Lictor_Severian
IGN Anarchy: I_Think_Were_Alone_Now, CrystalBluePersuasion, Citizen_Gkar
I was thinking of making one because its the only build I haven't tried yet. It does look like fun from the videos I seen.

Question though, cruel bandit... who to pick? oak or kraityn? Damage seems very plently full here and ias is a bit hard to come by and faster swings is much more fun IMO.
IGN: Athulua
I wouldn't take Blood Magic, use the gem if you have a 5-L at least..

This is my planned build

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_7w653fIv1I8ZLiftrKpyqXzZ2WFXDdIhns2nMBQgUEf3vgHnNugB3KQZG_ol34TZZU1HfqvFbmnEuNX4vqfSTcAP4uphIYTvdO1672BLBS1AoO9OMgkhYHTxnrlZ88AakFWnhBo47Dg62E3YjHaePIFvBLMUTfAfogACcYM473w8BZ_fGNtDnA6tKaU9_Hy4KS5nm_PdKU_kIhpsna6nCLiTDH0Qf8aeZKMaVQ==
Last edited by AtomicCB on Mar 18, 2013, 5:42:42 AM
I took Blood for a couple reasons:

1. It's only one point vs losing a gem socket, maybe I will reassess this when I have a 5L. I can always regret out of it.
2. Conservation of Pot slots. There are only 5, and I would like to have as much flexibility as possible by not needing to deal with mana slots.
3. At this time I do not use anything that reserves a large amount of mana/life so it seems more officiant.

The area effect stuff I take in the Templar area is for Cyclone.

Michael

I took physical from Oak as it is more important as there are fewer options since too many passives are weapon dependent. There is also not single passive that will give you as big a bang for your buck. On merciless I will take the point. I took life in normal, once again because no singe passive give you as much.

Michael

I just got new Facebreakers this morning.

Right now this is my gear set up:

I will be selling my old breakers and then focusing on getting better armor, rings, pendant, and later the Meginords, though I am not sure if it is really better. I may get it for my 2H Marauder and then I can try it.

Michael

"
Neroon58 wrote:
I took Blood for a couple reasons:

1. It's only one point vs losing a gem socket, maybe I will reassess this when I have a 5L. I can always regret out of it.
2. Conservation of Pot slots. There are only 5, and I would like to have as much flexibility as possible by not needing to deal with mana slots.
3. At this time I do not use anything that reserves a large amount of mana/life so it seems more officiant.

The area effect stuff I take in the Templar area is for Cyclone.

Michael

I think not going blood magic is more of utilizing your mana pool to get as much auras as possible. I'm not sure how much mana/reserve it will take, but you should be able to run 3 %40 auras plus anger or something else after linking them with reduced mana gem. All for not taking blood magic and giving up 1 socket. I think it's well worth it.
Last edited by Xenest on Mar 18, 2013, 10:48:49 PM
About taking melee damage nods on the passive tree. I got the impression from other threads that it was useless as the 10%, 8% nodes are nothing vs the 950%+ you got from the facebreakers.

Is this accurate ? are they additive or cummulative ? It does say MORE unarmed physical damage on facebreakers. Would the 950% MORE multiply the phys damage AFTER modification from passive nods ?

It would be the same issue with Cruel Oak reward I think.
Last edited by Electrospine on Mar 19, 2013, 3:00:16 PM
"
Electrospine wrote:
About taking melee damage nods on the passive tree. I got the impression from other threads that it was useless as the 10%, 8% nodes are nothing vs the 950%+ you got from the facebreakers.

Is this accurate ? are they additive or cummulative ? It does say MORE unarmed physical damage on facebreakers. Would the 950% MORE multiply the phys damage AFTER modification from passive nods ?

It would be the same issue with Cruel Oak reward I think.

Good point. Yes they do indeed say MORE. So I take that as whatever your unarmed melee damage is after getting nodes is multiplied by 800-1000%. So It might be wise to help oak instead of kraityn.
The way the math was explained is that the facebreaker multiplier is added after all other physical damage modifiers are added, so adding Physical is critical and elemental that is not weapon effecting all adds up -- it's a tough build to get high dps in so any physical helps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info