3.8-3.10 Oni-Goroshi =Tectonic slam= Juggernaut = *league starter and ssf friendly* 3m+ dps

Updated POB: https://pastebin.com/ZsPpwjYg 12/10/19 Optimized passive tree and added certain abyss jewels 3m+ dps on tectonic slam! (You do not need the red dream/nightmare just abyss jewels with %physical as extra fire damage will be nice it does add qol to make sure we maintain maximum endurance charges though.)

Nothing really changed for 3.10 everything should be working properly.

Caution!: To league start as this build you will need to farm the sword oni-goroshi!!!!

Check out the brief steps to farm Oni-Goroshi as below:

1. Create 4 characters (Scions are recommended with Movement Speed node in the passive skill tree and onslaught support for running quicker).

2. Kill everything leading up to hillock per character per zone pickup all currency items , magic/rare boots id for movement speed, look for corroded blades id for good flat physical damage, iron rings, don't equip body armor.

3. Go back to Characters Selection of the game and alternate with your 4 characters.

4. Use the step 2 and 3 until you find Uber Hillock generally when your characters are at lvl7 best chances of encountering each just run straight for hillock so ignore killing everything, just see if hillock has a different sword and change characters at that point. (You can encounter uber hillock earlier than lvl7 best odds are at 7+ though.)

5. When you kill uber hillock he will drop oni-goroshi our main weapon once you got it on one character you can enter the town with that character if you want to farm 1 more sword go for it you got 3 other characters at lvl7 in twilight strand give a friend a sword from your madness or sell it.
(If you kill uber hillock as character #3, character #3 has no reason to be in twilight strand anymore so if you want to farm a second sword use character 1,2 and 4.)

Do note it can take multiple hours to farm one up however it is totally worth it with this build as it will be the only melee weapon you will need.

++++++++++++++++++++
Leveling: It's not the greatest leveling experience in my opinion but start with molten strike and grab tectonic slam in act 3 as soon as possible and if you are taking too much degen damage from her embrace slot in if you have a blue socket a elemental focus support(note: you want to fix your regen to be more than her embrace deals in damage it scales as you level you will be stronger if you can deal with her embrace as it gives 123% of physical damage as extra fire damage that is a huge damage buff.) That being said get your first lab done as fast as possible to and get unflinching.

I personally didn't like molten strike so I used cleave up until act3 sever the right hand while also using ancestral protector.

Lvling links:
Main clear: molten strike/cleave- ancestral call - physical damage support - elemental damage with attacks - multistrike - combustion(replaces ancestral call) or only to deal with the degen while leveling elemental focus. If you have a green socket feel free to use onslaught if you have a red socket use fortify.

Movement: leap slam - faster attacks - endurance charge on melee stun.

Single target: ancestral protector - maim - melee physical damage - ruthless

To help with the degen get the node that increases life regen per endurance charge so while you leap slam into packs you make atleast 3 endurance charges so you get abunch of life regen per second while you have charges, you really want to be in her embrace majority of the time or you are missing out on 123% of your physical damage as extra fire damage when you take elemental focus.
###############

Bandit: Alira is just great for this build it helps cap your resistances, gives crit multi.

Ascendancy: juggernaut: Unflinching -> undeniable -> unbreakable -> unyielding ( you can more than likely swap unbreakable with unstoppable if you want to be better with temp chains maps, temp chains doesn't bother me so I built it this way.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Gem links: most important to least important

main skill: Tectonic slam - combustion - melee physical damage - multistrike - fortify - elemental damage with attacks

Boss skill: Vaal ancestral warchief - maim - melee physical damage - concentrated effect - ruthless - fortify

auras: blood and sand - precision(lvl1)- herald of ash - herald of purity - bloodrage

cast when dmg taken: cast when damage taken(lvl15) - vaal molten shell(lvl18) - summon ice golem(lvl18) - increased duration(lvl20)
^<feel free to adjust to your liking>^

movement: leap slam - faster attacks - endurance charge on melee stun

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

=================================
passive tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.8.2/AAAABAEBAQUtBiAGogbGDY0OPBIwEuEUIBRNFHEX3BiRGbQaOBpVG6oiryP2JP0oKi20LdIuUzB8Nug31DhTOlI9Pj38QzFGaUd-Sn1M_02STipQR1FHUWNWyVb6WGNZ81uvXz9hIWMXZU1noGhlapNyqXSgdO12rHbnd9d9c38rggeE2YTvhVKGYId2iO2LT419j2CRzpJ9kw-XCJd5mG-bap8-ouqsqq0JrY277byfvTa-p8ABwQfEWMbYxxnLHs9-0jjTb9RS137ZYdl82sHcI9yM4e_jn-RR5c_nVOna6hjtP-567w7zjfPd9IP2SPcy-Ov6GPxL_94=?accountName=deathopz&realm=pc&characterName=Slammyboii

Map mods we would rather not run:
*elemental reflect
*physical reflect
*no leech
-(can do just a pain to run) no regen

Be careful with maps that have 2+ monsters deal 90% of damage as extra lightning/fire/cold damage which also lowers your elemental resistances by -10% you are asking for a bad time running that.

Mapping dps: 3m+ when flasks are up, unholy might is active, onslaught is active, max frenzy and endurance charges.(when killing enemies)

Boss dps: 1.5m+ shaper dps when no buffs like flasks, unholy might, and onslaught are down, but you are using ancestral warchief.(when facing a single enemy like Izaro in lab if flasks can be up this dps is higher)
core items:

optional item:

If your other ring is a shaper item, this is free damage.

most of the items i am using besides those are generic rares that cap my resistances and have life.in the pob i am a poorboy so i picked up a malicious intent that had corrupting blood cannot be inflicted on you it isn't necessary but a abyss jewel with the chance to gain unholy might on kill is necessary to hitting 2m+ dps

my rare items:

flasks:

Jewels:
The three jewels you will need are as follows a abyss jewel or malicious intent any jewel that grants unholy might on kill corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you is a major bonus, next is izaro's turmoil for a very cheap jewel or any rare jewel with attack speed + fire damage + life can work for ssf, this jewel is expensive and maybe unrealistic to obtain in ssf but the red dream is currently 1.6ex at this moment this would be a min-maxed jewel put it exactly how I have it in the tree.
(The red dream can easily be replaced by any %physical damage as extra fire damage, life, resistance, inc attack speed on crit abyss jewel.)

none of this is min-maxed so if you focus on getting crit rings with flat phys and an assassin mark on hit ring you will be zooming.

Spoiler
-misc info---------------

if you would rather not run abyssus, you can go for a life/resistance rare helmet hopefully with the increased chance for tectonic slam to use a charged slam, i picked abyssus because it was 3 chaos and it definitely provides us huge damage.

why do i suggest the brass dome? the only negative part about this body armor if you take the ascendancy path i did is we suffer a -10% ms, her embrace removes shock and gives 20% attack speed and movespeed, we get a chest piece that is 5k armor and take no extra damage from critical strikes that is huge for us since we are using abyssus and we can't block anyway because 1 handed sword if this chest had life on it this would be stupidly good for us.

loreweave would be a nice damage boost if you don't mind being more squishy or opted out of abyssus make sure to get a good elemental damage roll on it.

carcass jack only if you want big area of effect if you go this route you may want the keystone to turn all evasion rating to Armour(iron reflexes) but remember unbreakable scales armor chest pieces you may have to forgo abyssus with this option and definitely go with unstoppable instead of unbreakable.

however later on you may want a chest piece that is six linked and has socketed gems are supported by level 1 maim, the problem is you will need a chest that has life and about 1500-2000 armor rating to cap our physical mitigation back to 90%, it will not be a cheap en devour to say the least.

First real build I have pieced together and I feel like it is very budget and worth sharing I can currently do all content and I started the league nov 25th.

First build guide I have ever posted hopefully y'guys won't go too hard on me XD.
Last edited by deathopz on Mar 15, 2020, 3:02:51 AM
Last bumped on Jul 6, 2020, 2:29:53 PM
This looks pretty cool. I've been looking at various ideas to start 3.9 with. Really wanting to play a Tectonic slam build. Been wavering between the oni goroshi and facebreaker builds and the chieftain vs. juggernaut styles. I like this one as it seems really well suited to starter and SSF style. I don't play SSF league, but my playstyle is mostly SSF and prefer to avoid trading much as its too easy end up wasting 50%+ of my free time on trading than playing. I'm still new to the game so something basic and simple like this one along with the Oni farming trick look pretty sweet.
"
This looks pretty cool. I've been looking at various ideas to start 3.9 with. Really wanting to play a Tectonic slam build. Been wavering between the oni goroshi and facebreaker builds and the chieftain vs. juggernaut styles. I like this one as it seems really well suited to starter and SSF style. I don't play SSF league, but my playstyle is mostly SSF and prefer to avoid trading much as its too easy end up wasting 50%+ of my free time on trading than playing. I'm still new to the game so something basic and simple like this one along with the Oni farming trick look pretty sweet.

Thanks for the input, yeah it works much better than I originally thought it would. Most people probably want a video of t16 map or so.
interesting, i'll try this build !

Going this build as well has been really clean and easy as a league starter, went with some different item choice. Doing 2.5 mill shaper dps right now.

Going this build as well has been really clean and easy as a league starter, went with some different item choice. Doing 2.5 mill shaper dps right now.
"
TheShayaan wrote:

nice lmk your progress.
hey i like this build
"
s0noflight wrote:
hey i like this build

Glad you do!
Nice build! Do you perhaps have suggestions for pantheon selection? Something like Abberath and Arakaali or?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info