Circle of Nostalgia, Synthesised Amethyst Ring does not work calculating reduced mana reservation

Hi, my character PELIRROJA use Herald of Agony (25% mana reserved) it reserves 385 to my total amount of mana.

I have from today the ring Circle of Nostalgia who have the mod:
Heard of agony has 33% reduced mana reservation.

Wen i use the ring the mana reservation says 388 (3 more!!!!!!!) where is the reduction?.

Sorry for my poor english.
Can contact me when you fixed the bug?, i wana use this ring asap.

Thanks

Zingor
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2019, 4:31:56 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Which character?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
ZINGOR wrote:
Hi, my character PELIRROJA use Herald of Agony (25% mana reserved) it reserves 385 to my total amount of mana.

I have from today the ring Circle of Nostalgia who have the mod:
Heard of agony has 33% reduced mana reservation.

Wen i use the ring the mana reservation says 388 (3 more!!!!!!!) where is the reduction?.

Sorry for my poor english.
Can contact me when you fixed the bug?, i wana use this ring asap.

Thanks

Zingor

Please link the ring and tell us what char you are using it on.
Are you increasing your maximum mana and forgetting that you have 'The Coming Calamity' equipped by any chance?

'Mana reservation of herald skills is always 45%'
Hi, thanks for answer me.
The character is a Pathfinder (named PELIROJA). And yes, i use The Coming Calamity. But that is a sum of the reduction of mana from both items nor?

Thanks
Wen a llok at mana reserved of my hearld of agony I get: mana reserved 25%
This is the same with or without The Coming Calamity. Never 45%
"
ZINGOR wrote:
Wen a llok at mana reserved of my hearld of agony I get: mana reserved 25%
This is the same with or without The Coming Calamity. Never 45%

Do not look at the reservation % at the skill gem, look at it on the skill bar at the bottom right, where You can always see the calculated actual %.

Without The Coming Calamity with zero mana reservation % it shall write 25% on the skill bar, and with The Coming Calamity with any mana reservation % it shall always write 45% on the skill bar.
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.
Herald of Agony (HoA) on it own has 25% mana reservation, when you link support gems to it these increase the amount it reserves.
In the case of your character PELIROJA with the 4 gems linked to the HoA makes the skill reserve 65% of your mana, while you have The Coming Calamity equipped this is hard capped to a maximum of 45%.

With the ring that reduced HoA mana reservation with your current setup would reduce the mana reservation to 46% of your mana pool, thus would not change the mana reservation while you have The Coming Calamity equipped.
Thanks por the answer. This rule involving The Coming Calamity is not reasonable at my opinion. I dont understand why these 2 reductions amount cannot be added in a total reducction number from both items.

"
ZINGOR wrote:
these 2 reductions amount cannot be added in a total reducction number from both items.
The Coming Calamity doesn't provide a reduction. It sets the mana reservation cost to 45%, always.

If your herald skill's reservation cost is 25% The Coming Calamity modifies it to 45%. If you add some multiplier to the reservation cost (via supports for example) the reservation cost is still set to 45%. If you get reduced reservation % somewhere (on tree for example) the reservation cost is still set to 45%.

From the wiki: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Coming_Calamity

"
The Mana Reservation of Herald Skills is always 45% modifier prevents the mana reservation of herald skills from being increased or decreased via passive skills, gems, or items. This allows heralds to be linked to support gems without worry of increasing the reservation value.

One exception is the unique ring Essence Worm; a herald socketed in this ring will reserve no mana even while wearing The Coming Calamity.
Last edited by SirGuySW on Dec 6, 2019, 3:46:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info