Integrating Blight into Core Path of Exile

"
Kaytrim wrote:
I am afraid that with only a 10% chance of a blight encounter the rare oils are going to be way too rare. It was impossible for me to accumulate any of the top tier oils during the league. Now you are going to make it almost as rare as a mirror. I would prefer that this was a higher chance and make the rare oils a much better chance to drop in top tier maps, 14-16.

I think folks are forgetting that in Blight encounters, you now get an oil OR a blighted map. This means that although Blight encounters are 90% rarer, you will get blighted maps a LOT more often.

And a lot of oils drop in blighted maps.

So overall there will be fewer oil drops, but not 90% fewer. Top-tier oils will be expensive, but not unobtainable.

I will never understand why you didn't add the synthesis in the core.

Removing f***ing fractured items and fixing the f***ing decay bugs would make the Synthesis mechanics really pleasant.

To be honest, despite its big flaws, I much prefer Synthesis to Legion or Blight (I think those leagues are really annoying and unpleasant to play. big loot, but no fun)

Blight in core ? I'll only buy the oils I need for a good passive node and I will skip everything else (I'll miss some loot, but I'm really fed up with that bad tower defense that really has nothing to do in a H&S game)
Last edited by Lyonnel on Nov 30, 2019, 9:53:57 AM
Please dont bring this into core...its soooo boring.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Understand you want to hold back blighted maps on console. However, will oils still be accessible so that we can anoint? Or will all of blight be unavailable for console?

Personally, I wouldn’t miss blighted maps that much, but would like to be able to access an additional passive point.

Thnx
I'm pretty glad the concept won't be lost, it's a cool idea that is not compulsory, and will provide a market for oils from those that enjoy it to those that would prefer not to do it.

I would hope the Blighted maps would be able to drop within Blighted maps from now on.
"
Lyonnel wrote:
I will never understand why you didn't add the synthesis in the core.

Removing f***ing fractured items and fixing the f***ing decay bugs would make the Synthesis mechanics really pleasant.

To be honest, despite its big flaws, I much prefer Synthesis to Legion or Blight (I think those leagues are really annoying and unpleasant to play. big loot, but no fun)

Blight in core ? I'll only buy the oils I need for a good passive node and I will skip everything else (I'll miss some loot, but I'm really fed up with that bad tower defense that really has nothing to do in a H&S game)

is sad man =(
Yuck. Guess instead of just skipping this league I'm skipping all the leagues that come after this one.
"
MorgueFLB wrote:
"
Kaytrim wrote:
I am afraid that with only a 10% chance of a blight encounter the rare oils are going to be way too rare. It was impossible for me to accumulate any of the top tier oils during the league. Now you are going to make it almost as rare as a mirror. I would prefer that this was a higher chance and make the rare oils a much better chance to drop in top tier maps, 14-16.

I think folks are forgetting that in Blight encounters, you now get an oil OR a blighted map. This means that although Blight encounters are 90% rarer, you will get blighted maps a LOT more often.

And a lot of oils drop in blighted maps.

So overall there will be fewer oil drops, but not 90% fewer. Top-tier oils will be expensive, but not unobtainable.

Yeah.

Just wondering how rare will be a golden oil in the next leagues. I agree its powerful item because unlock certain powerful skill nodes, but holy.... it will probably be a mirror2 rarity item.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Oh well, I accepted it in the given League. I can actually see/saw how some people wished for it to go into Core, but in the end I really did not wished for this to be. For my part I think it was enough to have it in the given League of Blight and that was it, really.

Oh, well.
I really like Blight the Blight mechanics. Nice that you added it.

But who says the blighted hightiermaps are too easy ?
I think theyre quite challenging (at least with most builds) not to let some random maps/bosses sneak through and destroy the pump.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info