Integrating Blight into Core Path of Exile

"
Woodcutta wrote:
"
Vegacius wrote:
Thanks GGG !!!

HATERS! Just skip the encounters!!!

Yes, how dare people in the community want the game, more specifically this encounter, to be better. HOW DARE THEY!

Oh yeah cause the people's reactions to this being stuff like "trash league" and not bothering to give out actual criticism totally supports your comment. And you didn't need to say it twice.
I hope Clear Oils will start at 1 exalt, because otherwise this stupid content won't be worth doing.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
I did enjoy blight as much as synthesis, aside from the performance issues I guess blight is fine as it is, for the difficulty, I guess there were enough oneshots with people having 10k hp, I don't mind balancing tho
"
Some feedback from players was that Blight encounters became too easy in very high level areas.

When you know your build was shit.
Boring.

Synthesis was much much better. Probably harder to integrate due to complexity.
Blight just adds a boring encounter to maps, and Blighted Maps are the worst. You feel compelled to run them because of the rewards, but they are 5 minutes of full boredom.
Nice.
Why is it too easy in high areas? 40% Players played a Summoner. No Towers needed. Stay afk at the Pump.

I've tryed it with Blade Vortex. You have to run all the time to the spawn Points, and try to build on the fly, while enemies jump into your face. That was so annoying, time consuming and dangerous that I began to skip it. Fire maniacs shoot 9000 projectiles at you and Bosses can do attacks in the same frame when they spawn. Easy!?

And will Stash Tabs be updated for Oils? 12 kind of Oils with limited stack size. Where to store this?
not a bad decision!
Blight is an interesting take on new things to do in path of exile.
But definitely the increasing of finding oil and or blighted maps to do is a big thing that should have been done during the league.

I could understand balancing issues but compared to previous league's I don't think Blight is as unbalanced as some would think.

Use of blight unique's are incredibly low, as finding one is hard to do.
At least I couldn't find one without having to buy it from someone who has.
so I never got the chance to theorycraft around a blight unique during the league.
but hey that never stopped me from getting to my first shaper kill this league!
I hope guaranteed oil won't mean guaranteed clear oil. High-tier oils are already extremely expensive.

And yes, blighted maps were way too rare during the league. Rare enought to not be used as maps, only for challenge rotas, which is honestly a usual problem with nearly all leagues.

And I also hope you won't overtune blight encounters. They were relatively easy for some summoner builds, not for everyone. For non-summoner league it would not be that easy even as it is now.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
Last edited by Oblitus on Nov 28, 2019, 6:36:31 PM
Glad they did it this way. Was a marginal league, and deserves a marginal implementation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info