HOW TO: Increase FPS/Lag Less

"I found this out yesterday, and it actually helps an insane amount. Before, in 6-man groups, I was dropping to <5 FPS fairly regularly. Now, I generally don't drop any less than 25.
Keep in mind that doing this will make the game look absolutely awful.
Step 1: Find "production_Config.ini". It should be in your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile folder, otherwise just search for it.
Step 2: Open the INI and look for "texture_quality=1"
Step 3: Change the number to your desired texture quality.
1=high
2=medium
3=low
4=very low
Restart your game and enjoy your terrible looking lag-free experience.
EDIT: Screenshots:
"Low" settings (3): http://i.imgur.com/CClTby9.jpg
"Very Low" settings (4): http://i.imgur.com/JpWx4U2.jpg"

WARNING; GRAPHICS WILL LOOK SOMEWHAT LIKE RUNESCAPE

CREDITS TO REDDIT USER: AngryAmuse

EDIT: The numbers can exceed 4. And lowest is 0.

Free Ads (If anyone wants free Ads let me know. Ex; for your shop)

IGN: Nostaigia (Nostalgia)

~~~
IF I WIN A BID OR SOMETHING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY LEAVING ME A PM ON THE FORUM IF I'M NOT ONLINE.
~~~
Last edited by DuyPham on Mar 29, 2013, 7:34:25 AM
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2017, 12:24:04 AM
wow op thanks your amazing.
"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
I saw the reddit topic.. The main issue is that the game looks absolutely horrible when you do that.
omg i'll never die again!!!

MARRY ME! <3
lol nice. Lego: Path of Exile
runescape textures
IGN: IgnitedWafflez
It really doesn't look THAT bad. Tho this is coming from one who has never cared about what a game looks like.
"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
Not to be a naysayer but I remember trying this a month back or so, and it didn't actually help with the stuttering in groups/certain spells.

Maybe it'll help people that have problems due to the detail on the textures but that's all this will do.
nice find,

to the mod that is just waiting to remove my comment:

I am commenting to save this to my recents! do NOT remove this post
glad to have helped!
IGN: Nostaigia (Nostalgia)

~~~
IF I WIN A BID OR SOMETHING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY LEAVING ME A PM ON THE FORUM IF I'M NOT ONLINE.
~~~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info