discussion about "ROLEPLAY" Knight build!

Hello!

First of all i wanted to say, that im new to "POE", so my knowledge about game mechanics and items is pretty average.

I have allready tested some builds out there, and i was trying to find something classic for my own gameplay, cus literally everything that i found after typing "classic warriow/knight/etc." is cyclone build.... and that all. LITERALLY ALL "classic" / "standart" builds that im usede to regulary see in other games or anime, here isnt introduced much.

So! I wanted to try making it by my own, the classic warrior/knight/etc. builds that we used to see in movies and other..

I want to introduce for all of you my build of a classic Knight and to make it better with you guys!

The core of a build, is a person (scion in my own case), who fights with a shield and a sword, wears metal armor and fear no death in close combat!

Link for skill build
https://pastebin.com/WVMnr0L1

Mainly in the skill tree i was aming for 150%+ life nodes, resistances, some impale (we should use impale support gem then), sword and shield nodes, and, ofcourse, shiled block. Plus i have taken "Resolute technique", cus i wont deal much crits.

Last node, can be changed easily, because im trying to make a base for knight type charecter.
With this "skeleton" we can make charecter focused on elemental damage, or crits, or bleeding, etc..

In ascendancy i go for champion+juggernaut, and path of marauder for saving some points.

Movement skill - Shield charge + fortify + curse on hit + punishment
Defence ability - steel skin + cast when damage taken

Im still thinking about damage skill(s), but that should be (IMO) pure phys skill with melee phys and brutality.

Im thinging about cleave/heavy strike/sunder/lacerate/double strike.
For the last one, i guess, skill tree needed to be reworked for bleeding.

And i admit, that there can be few skills for damage output! One is for clearing pack of mobs and one fore rare/uniques/bosses.

Some words about armor and shield... rares, mainly rares, because i want to create a base skeleton for this type of charecter, that wont be needed in a specific unique item. The main goal with this is to look at classic charasteristicks, such as life/res for armor, or add phys damage/att speed for weapon.

Unique items or for example, lab modifires, is just a great advantage for going even further!

Build isnt for a HOLY COW ITS ALLREADY END OF 4th LAB AFTER 2 SEC I ENTERED LOL, is for a comfort mapping, bossing. Its should be strong and hard to kill, clearing every type of map (except reflect one i guess), and i really want this one to be able killing shaper / uber shaper.

And now i want to ask what YOU think (literally, no exception), should be reworked in skill tree and skills!

I want to create with you a base, a skeleton for a "knight type charecter". With some diffrences in skill tree, should be easily changed into elemental knight, bleeding, darkknight (muahaha), etc..

Hope you will enjoy discussing it! And thank you for attention!

Last edited by xMadaMada on Nov 25, 2019, 7:11:37 AM
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2019, 3:04:49 PM
Maybe Fiona from the Witcher 3. Scion with Charged Dash and 2H Sword Flicker Strike.
Last edited by ehblanc on Nov 30, 2019, 5:31:24 PM
I mean, you can just make a juggernaut that uses sword skills like lacerate, reave, double-strike, cleave, etc. If you think about it, the juggernaut ascendancy is a big beefy knight boi that wears a lot of armor and revels in combat. Also, it may not seem very "knight-like" but even the gladiator ascendancy has a lot of good block bonuses that can go well with the shield.
Last edited by Zynphx on Dec 12, 2019, 3:08:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info