[3.12 Ready] CoC Discharge Assassin - 10M+ Shaper DPS

Hey,
can u do Sirus 8 on this Char ? Is Discharge strong enough ?
"
dOTpiXelS wrote:
Hey,
can u do Sirus 8 on this Char ? Is Discharge strong enough ?

Hello, I can't really say for sure. I haven't played much lately, nor i played Standard to push for Sirius with these new Atlas changes. I'll have to do it eventually, and ASAP, but for now I don't have an answer I am sorry.
what do u think about inspiration support vs power charge on critial? If u have looked at the numbers just curious
Hello. I never even considered using Inspiration support gem, but looking into PoB it's 100k more Average Damage on hit, than Power Charge On Crit. I just think, overall dps might be hindered without Power charge on crit.
"
boxibabe wrote:
what do u think about inspiration support vs power charge on critial? If u have looked at the numbers just curious

^
Ty so much for the post! I'm trying to build one myself based off of this guide, still leveling on yellow maps.
Current POB : https://pastebin.com/xKh805jz

But I had a few questions

Doesn't HoI provide cold damage to your discharge, and messing up EE?

Or does it not matter since cyclone is consstantly attacking the monster

If it doens't matter, is flat cold dmg on gear necessary even if you have HoI activated? I don't have any flat cold, but my cyclone deals phys & cold from HoI. Also, if having cold damage on your discharge doesn't matter, why do we not use frenzy charges at all?

Another question.. with multi-crafting nerfed, how should I go about crafting a good dagger w. hits can't be evaded? What stats are BIS? Attack speed? +1 to light/fire/cold spell gem?

Also, some of people in metamorph plyaing discharge are using precursor's emblems, do you think this is an upgrade? Also one of the mods on it has #% of lightning damage gained as extra chaos damage per power charge. Would discharge benefit from this? Or it doesn't completely b/c discharge removes all power charges for the split second that it goes off?

Last edited by Nodestone on Jan 3, 2020, 1:55:23 PM
"
Ty so much for the post! I'm trying to build one myself based off of this guide, still leveling on yellow maps.
Current POB : https://pastebin.com/2ziYmtuv

But I had a few questions

Doesn't HoI provide cold damage to your discharge, and messing up EE?

Or does it not matter since cyclone is consstantly attacking the monster

If it doens't matter, is flat cold dmg on gear necessary even if you have HoI activated? I don't have any flat cold, but my cyclone deals phys & cold from HoI. Also, if having cold damage on your discharge doesn't matter, why do we not use frenzy charges at all?

Another question.. with multi-crafting nerfed, how should I go about crafting a good dagger w. hits can't be evaded? What stats are BIS? Attack speed? +1 to light/fire/cold spell gem?

Also, some of people in metamorph plyaing discharge are using precursor's emblems, do you think this is an upgrade? Also one of the mods on it has #% of lightning damage gained as extra chaos damage per power charge. Would discharge benefit from this? Or it doesn't completely b/c discharge removes all power charges for the split second that it goes off?

Hello, thank you for your post. I'll start from the bottom, hope you don't mind. Precusor's is a great addition to this build, when you get the right mods, they tend to be quite expensive. I tried making few of them myself, but never hit anything what I considered worthy for the build. Precusor's with +1 Power Charge, Chance to gain up to maximum charges instead of getting 1 charge only, and something else, would be best in slot. Fitting two of them, would become really hard, especially because of the resists, we would start lacking. Wise Oak helps with that, but you can't rely on flask 100% of the time to cap your resists.

As the weapon goes I think high spell damage dagger with +1 to gems would be best option to go for nowadays. I am not sure, if high spell damage (T1-T2) is comparable to benchcraft of spell damage + non chaos as extra chaos, I'd have to test that in PoB first. But with multimod nerfed, we need 3 mod dagger, instead of 2 mod now. So like I mentioned a bit up Spell Damage/+1 with Attack Speed or Crit multi on top of it. After that add multimod, either Attack speed or Multi depending on which one we are missing + Hits can't be evaded.

HoI adding flat cold to both attacks and spells shouldn't matter that much, especially when in between each discharge we apply new set of E. thus monster is always vulnerable to Fire and Lightning between we Discharge. They are only vulnerable when we Discharge, but we don't hit them again. It adds a bit of damage, but I prefer using Haste instead for Cyclone attack speed consistency. With my latest gear, I am exactly at 0.15 Attack time, so I always Discharge as soon as possible.

And lastly to your gear = It's not bad especially when you are only level 76 and 400k Shaper Damage is nice too.

Thanks a lot, enjoy your league!
Oh, also is it a good idea to go for some frenzy charge generation? I saw my dps shoot up with just 3 frenzy charges enabled on pob

I'm not really sure how to get frenzy charges on bosses, but shouldn't it be a good chunk of dps?
"
Oh, also is it a good idea to go for some frenzy charge generation? I saw my dps shoot up with just 3 frenzy charges enabled on pob

I'm not really sure how to get frenzy charges on bosses, but shouldn't it be a good chunk of dps?

You can't have any Frenzy Charges, because of Voll's Protector. It's passive Inner Conviction, gives you more damage per power charge, but any Frenzy you get is converted into power charge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info