Are you willing to make the necessary sacrifice in order to get rid of 1-shot mechanics?

"
pifpep wrote:
I wouldn't want to give up anything for that. Getting oneshot means i failed a necessary game check. Mostly being unattentive or doing content that i didn't build for.

^this.
What the OP wants is basically an easier game. You have D3 for that.
GGG has always been accused of listening to analytics and statistics more than players, and there's a reason for that.
Players complained about not having essentially an auction house and that without it the game would die - many years later the game keeps growing.
Oneshot mechanic has also come up numerous times, and also claims were made that the game would fail - again, years later it's getting only more popular.
The reason why player feedback and suggestions generally get ignored is because vast majority do visit the forum from time to time, but rarely post a thing, so while a topic or two regarding same issue that's stretching several pages of pointless banter might seem like a lot from a narrow point of view, considering the number of players that do actually play the game, it's nothing.
So oneshot mechanic is not an issue, as it has been said - players are.
No rest for the wicked.
For me the worst is the screen cluter... specially on party play. Like serious u cant even see what is happening too much particles and effects and most of the time 1 person kills everything and the others just loot...
I like every nerfs, because I LOVE reading "GGG why you destroy my build" threads. Seriously these are the best!
i rather die from 3 hits then 1 hit :P
Runslingan! The Power Of ~^S.W.E.D.E.N^~
?

They've already been slowly nerfing one shot mechanics for awhile now, and nerfing various life recovery mechanics (as well as nerfing ES in general). I'm sure they will continue to do this.
by far the worst mechanic is after death BS. Almost always happens in a pack of mostly harmless, easy to dodge, mobs. You almost never see it coming. The after death crap is horse shit.

Please get rid of it. Forever.
Last edited by diablomix on Nov 20, 2019, 3:42:51 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
Since PoE 2 has been announced and seems to be willing to upend a lot of game systems, now seems a good time to discuss some other big changes we'd like to see. One of the most common subjects of contention here is the prevalence of 1-shots and how bullshit so many of our deaths feel because of them. However, what often doesn't get raised in those angry threads is the reason why the game seems balanced around 1-shots - our own overtuned recovery systems.

In order to change this, they'd need to substantially nerf sustain mechanics (life leech, life gain on hit, ES leech, regen, recovery, mind over matter shenanigans, etc. etc.). The main reason why PoE is so balanced around 1-shots is because of how overtuned those mechanics are, such that only a 1-shot could possibly kill us. They haven't said anything about doing that, and I suspect the playerbase would riot if they did. But maybe I'm wrong about that. So how many of you would be willing to accept a massive nerf to all the game's various recovery systems?

None of those reason you named for PoE having one-shot mechanics is accurate. None of those things you mentioned as overtuned are overtuned. Nothing in-game is responsible for one-shots being in-game.

The only reason why we have one-shot mechanics, is the logout macro. This logout macro changed the game into requiring to have, and have, many one-shots.

Something outside the game is dictating gameplay, which in my opinion is the worst thing GGG could ever do. In my opinion adding a short cooldown before logout would fix this issue. It would also make hardcore really hardcore again.

Both the logout macro and one-shots should not exist in the game. Both are terrible! (only exception would be heavy telegraphed one-shots on the highest bosses, as this is actual gameplay)

PS: Some call the logout macro another layer of defense... having an out-of-game anything as a defense mechanic, is one of the most insane things I have ever read.
PSS: Would also like a small cooldown upon dying before we can choose respawn. When I click away and die unexpectedly, I respawn in the spot I did not want to select.
Last edited by sarannah101 on Nov 20, 2019, 4:16:36 PM
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
?

They've already been slowly nerfing one shot mechanics for awhile now, and nerfing various life recovery mechanics (as well as nerfing ES in general). I'm sure they will continue to do this.

Nah there was a gap for a while but most leagues post abyss even have had increasing one shots added, many are easy to plan for but they definitely aren't reducing them.

Legion is one of the worst sources of them, spear throw already offscreens and scales ridiculously with map mods before you throw in the 90 auras that legion mobs end up with :p
No, leave one shot as it is and rebuff leech a bit. I love one shots, they are what gives me the thrill of playing thinking "damn, i could die in the next second".

Idk where the fuck those people are coming from trying to make the mobs weaker while the players already have insanely dumb damage.

Are you people trying to play barbie simulator with poe graphics or what?

If you don't want to be one shot BUILD DEFENSES, YOU KNOW? You don't need 50 million dps to make the whole game, cut out 45m of these and BUILD DEFENSES so you won't be one shot while still having huge damage.

People who truly enjoy the game know if they remove even more the difficulty the game will become boring.

Any other counterbalance is just an excuse to make the game easier so you can play while watching TV(which used to be a running gag in this game).

I know i didn't need to say that but i doubt GGG will ever remove one shots, unless the game can still destroy you while not having them, at least i believe they're not that naive. So people will just complain about the new mechanics because they want poe barbie league.
Sometimes...
"
sarannah101 wrote:
None of those reason you named for PoE having one-shot mechanics is accurate. None of those things you mentioned as overtuned are overtuned. Nothing in-game is responsible for one-shots being in-game.

The only reason why we have one-shot mechanics, is the logout macro. This logout macro changed the game into requiring to have, and have, many one-shots.

Logout macro? Dude, hardly anyone plays hardcore (and no, that's unlikely to change whatever they do - HC is always a minority population). And few people take characters to max level as well. I have no objection to them adding a timer to logout, but I really don't think it impacts game design all that much. Most people play on SC trade league (likely into the level 80s), and so the game balance is dictated by that. And the logout macro is nearly irrelevant there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info