Spectral Shield Throw can not apply Bleed through Monsters Proximity Shields. Bug?

Hey,

So I know that Projectiles can not damage Mobs inside a Shield unless the Player itself is in it too.
Generally DoT does work when you hit them even without beeing inside the Shield myself.

Hoewever, is it on purpose that eg Spectral Shield throw can NOT apply DoTs to Monsters inside one unless im inside too?

Or is it cause I try to applay it via a Projectile?
I think I was able to applay Bleeds via Tornade Shot earlier in the league but might be mistaken here.
If so, this would change in a "Pls remove Proximity Shields from the game lol" post^^´

Greetings
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2019, 1:52:56 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The wiki page on Proximity shields says that DoTs do effect mobs in the shield even if the hit originates from outside.

If you could do some testing, see if it is works with the secondary projectiles or only the main shield and try without the threshold jewel equipped it might be causing problems or even the blood dancer keystone.
Last edited by gjennks1 on Nov 20, 2019, 1:39:16 PM
If the DoT damage is based of hit damage, I don’t think you can penetrate a proximity shield with it. The hit damage is zero if you aren’t in the proximity.

A DoT that doesn’t require a hit certainly works though like Caustic Arrow.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Nov 20, 2019, 1:48:31 PM
"
gjennks1 wrote:
The wiki page on Proximity shields says that DoTs do effect mobs in the shield even if the hit originates from outside.

If you could do some testing, see if it is works with the secondary projectiles or only the main shield and try without the threshold jewel equipped it might be causing problems or even the blood dancer keystone.

Tested so far that any Blight Encounter with Shields I need to stand within the Shield to apply any Bleeds. Neither Initial Hit nor Shards do apply it. Only Bleed explosions do clear it by chance.
Only with Jewel tested.

"
mark1030 wrote:
If the DoT damage is based of hit damage, I don’t think you can penetrate a proximity shield with it. The hit damage is zero if you aren’t in the proximity.

A DoT that doesn’t require a hit certainly works though like Caustic Arrow.

I always thought that any DoT applied, no matter the Source, does do damage to Enemies within a Proximity shield.
Just that the initial Hit when the Player is outside does not deal damage itself.
Last edited by Teigo on Nov 20, 2019, 1:54:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info