Support gem plus

"
Asmosis wrote:
They are straight up power creep, and were described as such during the stream.

There are drawbacks, they are MUCH more difficult to acquire and have a significantly higher level requirement. Sure, those are only small drawbacks, but drawbacks nonetheless.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Hey you negative players!

It is all up to you if you want to use the new gems or not!!

Dont like them? Dont use them!

I look forward for the new plus gems!!!
"
Rafein wrote:
Honestly, i just want that fork gem.

No drawback, and Forks fork again. Perfect for Icicle Miner's clear.

I want that for spark, It Will clear entire legions. Yay powercreep
I played Spark Miner with Fork this league. Next league I will play Spark Miner with Fork Plus to destroy people computers even faster ;)
"
Vegacius wrote:
Hey you negative players!

It is all up to you if you want to use the new gems or not!!

Dont like them? Dont use them!

I look forward for the new plus gems!!!

Given that they're basically power boosts, not using them is just gimping your build. And eventually it becomes the new baseline that future things are built around. This isn't an endlessly moddable single-player game like Grim Dawn, everything that's added to it affects everyone either directly or indirectly.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 20, 2019, 2:22:35 PM
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Asmosis wrote:
They are straight up power creep, and were described as such during the stream.

There are drawbacks, they are MUCH more difficult to acquire and have a significantly higher level requirement. Sure, those are only small drawbacks, but drawbacks nonetheless.

how much of a drawback will that be in endgame in a trade league past the first couple of weeks ? sounds extremely negligible.
if people have ideas for interesting new content that does not add power creep, please put it in the feedback forums so we can all enjoy your vision of pure, untainted arpging.
"
dachoppa wrote:
if people have ideas for interesting new content that does not add power creep, please put it in the feedback forums so we can all enjoy your vision of pure, untainted arpging.

Sure. Why not add defensive buffs to support gems? move speed, less damage taken like infused channeling, armour bonus if ignited. Mana recovery, ES recovery, these all can go in gem buffs.

And adding more powercreep just makes old content in need of rebalance everytime.
More power creep over and over and over …
… boring design here.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 20, 2019, 7:15:13 PM
"
dachoppa wrote:

It shocks me how little people understand about the value of small incremental power creep to a live service game that wants to go for 20 years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info