youre doing it again [Removed by Support]

"
Synopse wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
Nav_GGG wrote:

Further posts attacking staff members or criticising the quality of their work will be removed.

Calling an item stupid clearly infringes on the new made up standards of moderation Nav presented in off-topic a month or so ago.

You can't criticise the qaulity or work of staff members Snorkle, get with the times and while we are at it, remove the forums on the claim of redundancy at this point.

Peace,

-Boem-

First I was shocked. Then I looked it up. And this is what I found.
You pulled a sentence out of context, nothing more nothing less.

"
Nav_GGG wrote:

While we don't have any issues with players discussing the study the OP has presented, if anyone has any concerns regarding any of our staff members or the moderation of this forum in particular, please send us an email at support@grindinggear.com and a senior staff member will be happy to discuss this privately with you.

Further posts attacking staff members or criticising the quality of their work will be removed.

What exactly did i missrepresent ?

Does the paragraph give another context to the final conclussion being made by Nav?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Spoiler
"
Nav_GGG wrote:

Calling an item stupid clearly infringes on the new made up standards of moderation Nav presented in off-topic a month or so ago.

You can't criticise the qaulity or work of staff members Snorkle, get with the times and while we are at it, remove the forums on the claim of redundancy at this point.

Peace,

-Boem-

"
Boem wrote:
Spoiler
"
Boem wrote:

First I was shocked. Then I looked it up. And this is what I found.
You pulled a sentence out of context, nothing more nothing less.

"
Nav_GGG wrote:

While we don't have any issues with players discussing the study the OP has presented, if anyone has any concerns regarding any of our staff members or the moderation of this forum in particular, please send us an email at support@grindinggear.com and a senior staff member will be happy to discuss this privately with you.

What exactly did i missrepresent ?

Does the paragraph give another context to the final conclussion being made by Nav?

Peace,

-Boem-

Well, it does make a difference.

The full quote delivers the context of the thread where it was made and it is obvious that things heated up alot, and more important, they are willing to talk with the people having concerns.

There is a fine line between censorship and solving conflicts professionally.

I can't see 'new made up standards' here. Personal attacks always have been removed in the past and conflicts with staff members were never solved on the public forum.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
"
Synopse wrote:

The full quote delivers the context of the thread where it was made and it is obvious that things heated up alot, and more important, they are willing to talk with the people having concerns.

I can't see 'new made up standards' here. Personal attacks always have been removed in the past and conflicts with staff members were never solved on the public forum.

Honest question here, how is it obvious that things heated up?

Your just assuming that based on the moderator post and the language utilized in it.

So i would say "censorship succesfully done". 8 post's removed that werent to the liking of the moderator at the time and a phrasing of the message with triggerwords like "attacking" making you assume the worst.

You know, the thing snorkle hinted at in his second post in his thread.
He said "stupid" in relation to an item and now its replaced by "removed by support" which can be filled in by any bystander with whatever his mind fancy's happened.

Like you just did.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : your free to send me a pm if you want to know what Nav considered "attacking" in the context of that thread.
Since it was aimed at me.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Nov 20, 2019, 12:16:23 PM
"
So we obviously don't have the full numbers yet and nor do we actually know what all they're changing, but I threw some stuff together in POB just to eyeball how busted the things OP is talking about are.

I took a Berserker so I could see what happens when you stack Tailwind onto Blitz and Rite of Ruin while shooting crit Elemental Hits that are also barrage.

And while doing zero gear optimization at all (I grabbed a bunch of no-brainer uniques like Xoph's Blood and Dying Sun and threw together a passive tree with 200% life that I'm sure isn't anywhere near as good as it could be), I got up over 51 MILLION Shaper DPS with Berserk active. I'm sure if I were willing to put time into this, I could get that number a LOT higher... I didn't even bother making a Watcher's Eye among other things.

Seriously whose ideas are these?! From only two reveals about the Bow Buff we're already looking at beyond-insane levels of power creep.

Do share. I find these numbers hard to believe but maybe I’m just bad at PoB because I never get numbers like that.

Also, what’s the dps with tailwind off? Tailwind should be about 10% more dps. That build sounds like it was already completely over the top.
"
Boem wrote:
Spoiler
"
Synopse wrote:

Honest question here, how is it obvious that things heated up?

Your just assuming that based on the moderator post and the language utilized in it.

So i would say "censorship succesfully done". 8 post's removed that werent to the liking of the moderator at the time and a phrasing of the message with triggerwords like "attacking" making you assume the worst.

You know, the thing snorkle hinted at in his second post in his thread.
He said "stupid" in relation to an item and now its replaced by "removed by support" which can be filled in by any bystander with whatever his mind fancy's happened.

Like you just did.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : your free to send me a pm if you want to know what Nav considered "attacking" in the context of that thread.
Since it was aimed at me.

Thanks for pointing out. No offense intended from my side.
My impression was that your reply was kind of biased, for which I now know the reason why.

My only intention was to share this pice of information, since it made a hugh difference to me to read the full quote.
If there is a problem with the behavior of mods, then GGG has to know it by contacting support.

I am not interested in joining any sort of campaign on 'new made up standard'.
Maybe I got you wrong, but I wanted to get this out of the way.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Why do you think Chris choked on that water when quin69 asked him the reasonable power creep question? Because that s a hard topic for him to talk about. He says one thing, how he wants the game to be more hardcore and challenging yet he knows he can make more money introducing more power creep with broken items so he will continue doing so because Poe is not a game for him, it s a business. And I can see how partically he is afraid and asshamed to admit it and it s showing how he got nervous after the question. GGG staff keeps contradicting themselves, they say they are doing their best to balance the game and make it more challenging yet we get more and more power creep each patch to appeal to casual crowd. I can already see how 4.0 will be same old brainless walking simulator just like the current state of the game. I don’t see what s the point of updating the engine, spending so much time to make another campaign and yet keep the retarded state of the game in a form it is now.
Just the fact they erased the word “stupid” from the thread shows how insecure their staff is about their own design decisions
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
Why do you think Chris choked on that water when quin69 asked him the reasonable power creep question? Because that s a hard topic for him to talk about. He says one thing, how he wants the game to be more hardcore and challenging yet he knows he can make more money introducing more power creep with broken items so he will continue doing so because Poe is not a game for him, it s a business. And I can see how partically he is afraid and asshamed to admit it and it s showing how he got nervous after the question. GGG staff keeps contradicting themselves, they say they are doing their best to balance the game and make it more challenging yet we get more and more power creep each patch to appeal to casual crowd. I can already see how 4.0 will be same old brainless walking simulator just like the current state of the game. I don’t see what s the point of updating the engine, spending so much time to make another campaign and yet keep the retarded state of the game in a form it is now.
Just the fact they erased the word “stupid” from the thread shows how insecure their staff is about their own design decisions

Here's the part I don't understand.

Suppose "power creep" is fixed. What does the game look like now? How does it play?

Do we kill monsters slower? The new stuff GGG introduces each patch tends to be most accessible to the top 10% (or 1%) of most-committed players. So if top builds clear slower, then "average" builds barely clear at all.

And, no matter what the devs do, there's always going be a best build, a fastest build, a meta build. Something else to complain about.

If you want in-depth, challenging combat then go play Dark Souls.

For all any of us know, the knew endgame boss fights they're adding could all be like Uber-Atziri on steroids and the new supports etc we're getting will be barely even able to tackle them. We just don't know yet.

So quit all the ill-informed whining, enjoy the game for what it is, or go play something else that fits your desire better.

Accept the fact that most people come back to new leagues because "hey that build looks awesome!" not "wow everything looks really hard". Deal with it.
Last edited by ThanatoZGaming on Nov 20, 2019, 1:15:25 PM
...so because build x will be better than build y, the game should get sillier with every patch. got it.

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Dr1MaR wrote:

I fear that it is going to happen..... I mean I'm playing since beta, and very time they tone something down , it comes back couple of patches later twice as strong (ES, Item rarity/quantity, Shotgunning, etc) EVERY SINGLE TIME

"
robmafia wrote:
...so because build x will be better than build y, the game should get sillier with every patch. got it.

"Exciting update for 3.10! We're nerfing damage for all skills by 50%!"

There, now is the game more fun?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info