Some statistical gymnastics so the zero-drop-gang can also move on

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
j33bus wrote:
Someone is going to lose with random, and that someone is going to be rightly upset, especially when there's no downside to letting everyone win.

People should learn "not to win" before they reach puberty.

I wonder, of all these "I'm only here because there was something mechanically wrong with the event"-people, how many drops did they get? And would they be here, speaking out in this manner, if they got, say, 6 drops?

I certainly would've, I've been "speaking out in this manner" since day one so that angry, unfortunate people would actually be made aware of where the problem actually lies. I've also been saying that if they ever acknowledged the eligibility issue publicly, apologized and took steps to rectify the problem, I'd personally go out of my way to contact GGG support and have all of my account's MTX deleted minus the stash tabs.

For some it's a matter of principle, not value.
Last edited by Zykor on Nov 20, 2019, 2:04:12 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
j33bus wrote:
Someone is going to lose with random, and that someone is going to be rightly upset, especially when there's no downside to letting everyone win.

I wonder, of all these "I'm only here because there was something mechanically wrong with the event"-people, how many drops did they get? And would they be here, speaking out in this manner, if they got, say, 6 drops?

I think they would be, for all we know they could be. I think it's just about the drama. It'd make sense for why they aren't doing this on Reddit, where it's well known there's a lot more staff viewing. They'd get downvoted to shit and be forced to accept all of this is fucking retarded.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
j33bus wrote:

I think they would be, for all we know they could be. I think it's just about the drama. It'd make sense for why they aren't doing this on Reddit, where it's well known there's a lot more staff viewing. They'd get downvoted to shit and be forced to accept all of this is fucking retarded.

https://www.reddit.com/user/KGDrayken/?count=25&after=t1_f7o8rjx

Feel free to check out my heavily upvoted comments regarding the issue, along with others.

:)
"
"
Zykor wrote:
"

Feel free to check out my heavily upvoted comments regarding the issue, along with others.

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

Also heavily bashing GGG? I've been saying they should've just used a different reward system, but instead they chose the inferior option which they had nearly no control over and shit hit the fan, as it always was going to.

Heavily bashing GGG would be saying they're a shit company, which they aren't. I never insulted the company or any of its individuals.

Try again?
Last edited by Al_GGG on Nov 20, 2019, 2:53:40 PM
"
"
"
Zykor wrote:

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

Did you not? And you didn't prove me wrong at all, that was completely unrelated to what I said.

P.S.
Spoiler
Mine was two days.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
"
"

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

you didn't prove me wrong at all, that was completely unrelated to what I said.

You literally just said that the complaints would've gotten downvoted on reddit, yet I've supplied you reference to what started and informed those very complaints in the first place which have been getting hundreds of upvotes throughout everyone's comments.

You clearly haven't been reading the reddit threads where tech bug complaints have been getting massively upvoted, and condescending comments like yours buried at the bottom of threads with negative votes.

This is also what a thread made by people like you looks like on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/dxffsx/discussionquestion_are_we_watching_exilecon_for/

This is what a comment made by people like you looks like on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/dx1x3x/0_drops_gang_where_we_at/f7npkmg/

But hey gl man, you'll get one good one some day.

Regardless, you're derailing in the wrong thread so with that, have a good day bud.
Last edited by Zykor on Nov 20, 2019, 2:23:18 PM
"
Archer6621 wrote:

I fully agree with this, it could've prevented a lot of outrage! Perhaps they should do this in the future instead.

EDIT: They could do a guaranteed drop after some amount of time, and then some random drops if you watch more, could be the best of both worlds.

There still would have been the same issue even if GGG guaranteed drops after X amount of hours watched. Twitch didn't recognize some users accounts as linked, some have stated they saw on their twitch it showing them viewing something else, or not viewing at all even when they clearly were. People still would have been crying because of Twitch's bug.

Hell even if GGG didn't do the twitch drop system, and did what others have suggested and gave a free MTX to everyone who logged into PoE during the event. Then people still would have been outraged because he got an infernal set, and all I got was a crappy pet or something like that.

It's clear that if their mad about not getting something when it was never guaranteed to them anyways, something they knew was completely RNG based, and knew about the issues with Twitch drops well before the event.(as most of the vocal complainers have said they knew about it previously) Then they were just going to find something to complain about regardless.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
j33bus wrote:

Really that's what we're going with? It's fine because you just lose sometimes in life? People should learn games aren't real long before puberty.
People don't care about big numbers but their own personal experience.
They red that it takes about 5 hours at average to become a winner and receive free mtx but after many more hours all they've got is nothing.

Those who got nothing are salty and i can understand them because there are many things in POE im unhappy about that are also "balanced" around global numbers.
"
j33bus wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
This experiment, noble as it is, fails to capture the most important part of all of this: the complainers don't want to understand probability, they want to be outraged.

What it really really highlights is that GGG should have done something that wasn't entirely probabilistic, and instead set the drop rates to max out after a certain time. Someone is going to lose with random, and that someone is going to be rightly upset, especially when there's no downside to letting everyone win.

I can't agree with the phrase 'rightly upset' in this context - a promotional giveaway in which they advertised up front that not everyone would win. In these situations, I always like to consider if people would still complain if we made changes.

Even if they said 'everyone wins after 5 hours' people would still complain that 1) they can't watch 5 hours and 2) some people got the cloak and all I got was the glowy eyes!

The fact is you can't please everyone, and you can either run events like this and ignore the children, or never do anything fun. I'm worried the latter will be GGGs lesson from this idiocy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info