Some statistical gymnastics so the zero-drop-gang can also move on

People complaining about not getting any drops is fine as that is not the main problem.

The problem is the implementation and execution of said drops as a lot of people with linked accounts did not get drops due to problems with Twitch (well known problems), so they were disadvantaged and left out of the drops.

Too much of a gap between people getting multiple drops and zero drops.

I myself watched all weekend without a drop and noticed on occasion that Twitch showed I was watching something else, when I wasn't, also sometimes showed in settings that was not online even though light was green (online) and was definitely there.

Didn't notice a problem with Twitch drops activated but know that others were having problems with it staying activated.

Again, not so much disappointed in not getting a drop but not having a level playing field due to problems is disappointing.

how about this..

you keep your power point presentations to try to prove something to people you will never meet in your life

and I just embrace the meme as intented?

seems a win/win.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Nov 19, 2019, 11:03:05 PM
Maybe one day OP will realize what "Technical Bug" means. As cute as your drawings are, I've said it fifty times and I'll say it again - the issue was never the odds, it's that a lot of viewers weren't detected as eligible as per tradition with Twitch Drop promotions.

Who knows, maybe he'll learn.
Last edited by Zykor on Nov 20, 2019, 12:02:09 AM
Oh yeah almost forgot

"
Rathgar623 wrote:
People complaining about not getting any drops is fine as that is not the main problem.

The problem is the implementation and execution of said drops as a lot of people with linked accounts did not get drops due to problems with Twitch (well known problems), so they were disadvantaged and left out of the drops.

Too much of a gap between people getting multiple drops and zero drops.

I myself watched all weekend without a drop and noticed on occasion that Twitch showed I was watching something else, when I wasn't, also sometimes showed in settings that was not online even though light was green (online) and was definitely there.

Didn't notice a problem with Twitch drops activated but know that others were having problems with it staying activated.

Again, not so much disappointed in not getting a drop but not having a level playing field due to problems is disappointing.

I definitely think this implementation of the drop event was bound to cause some outrage. A better approach would've probably been to give people a guaranteed drop after watching a certain amount of hours. In that case the amount of people with Twitch issues would also probably be a lot easier to help.

"
Zykor wrote:
Maybe one day OP will realize what "Technical Bug" means. As cute as your drawings are, I've said it fifty times and I'll say it again - the issue was never the odds, it's that a lot of viewers weren't detected as eligible as per tradition with Twitch Drop promotions.

I know very well what a technical bug is. Of course this is possible, and it is simply the other side of the problem. All I did was just clear things up on the odds side of the problem, which a lot of people seemed to be bothered about.

But it is not clear at all what the difference is between the amount of people that attempted to link their account, and what amount actually got linked. For all we know, this amount could be insignificant, and the people complaining are simply part of the slice that did not get any drops awarded even with proper twitch linking.

Perhaps a well-mannered email to GGG's support will reveal this information, or Twitch is hiding it somewhere, or it is just completely lost. I would be more inclined to blame Twitch, as some other users had pointed out that similar issues had happened before.

"
Xystre wrote:
how about this..

you keep your power point presentations to try to prove something to people you will never meet in your life

and I just embrace the meme as intented?

seems a win/win.

I'm not proving anything though, just posting my findings obtained from curiosity. If you are not interested then the thread is not for you, and you can definitely move on, which would indeed be a win for us both.
Stay a while and listen
Last edited by Archer6621 on Nov 20, 2019, 4:54:11 AM
Those polls are generally biased in the same way that customer feedback always is; the people who feel jaded are more likely to respond.

I got a drop (which was a duplicate for me) and I didn't take part in that poll. There is no reason to wade into the unreasonable when the outcome is a sea of futility.
"
Nubatron wrote:
Those polls are generally biased in the same way that customer feedback always is; the people who feel jaded are more likely to respond.

I got a drop (which was a duplicate for me) and I didn't take part in that poll. There is no reason to wade into the unreasonable when the outcome is a sea of futility.

Definitely true, I mentioned this in the OP as well. The approach taken here favors the bias slightly by using the hours watched data from the poll, but even with that the number of people who could obtain zero drops is significantly large, around 10% of 12k (if we would correct for this bias somehow, it will probably show even larger zero-drop percentages, due to fewer hours watched).
Stay a while and listen
Last edited by Archer6621 on Nov 20, 2019, 4:53:42 AM
"
Zykor wrote:

THIS!

Unfortunately white knights like OP blindly defend them using incorrect statistics and hidden polls that most people (myself included) were not aware of to show their predetermined bias. Yet GGG hasn't released any proof or statistics proving the 0 drop gang were eligible in the first place.
The only information we got from GGG was that only 12k people were eligible on the first day, which showed there was a problem.
They didn't investigate this enough and 0 drop got shafted, which is different from having bad RNG.
My life is slipping away...
Addiction is a harsh drug...
Last edited by EstocSlayer on Nov 20, 2019, 5:00:49 AM
"
EstocSlayer wrote:
"
Zykor wrote:

THIS!

Unfortunately white knights like OP blindly defend them using incorrect statistics and hidden polls that most people (myself included) were not aware of to show their predetermined bias. Yet GGG hasn't released any proof or statistics proving the 0 drop gang were eligible in the first place.
The only information we got from GGG was that only 12k people were eligible on the first day, which showed there was a problem.
They didn't investigate this enough and 0 drop got shafted, which is different from having bad RNG.

I'm not even white bruh.

Joking aside, your claims are not credible if you cannot point out what is "incorrect" about the statistics, so I don't think the first part of your post can be taken seriously until you do. I'll await your response on this.

The rest has already been said and I'm already aware, in this thread I just shed light on one part of the problem. The other is an unknown, although some go straight ahead to assume the worst.

As I said earlier, likely a well mannered email to GGG's support could clear this part up, but instead some people seem to think it is more productive to complain very hard on many threads and make questionable claims while being unpleasant towards other people.

The poll is not even all that relevant here since it has so few votes (and there a couple of similar ones out there), the main insight comes from running the simulation, which shows ~10% of the people potentially not receiving drops.
Stay a while and listen
Last edited by Archer6621 on Nov 20, 2019, 12:11:54 PM
You didn't even know the drop rates were doubled on the 2nd day. Chances are you made more mistakes.
Also you have no credibility.

So take your fake trash biased incorrect statistics out of here.

I would do my own calculations but I should be doing my assignment as I have a deadline tomorrow and I also work full time.

The fact remains thay the problem wasn't RNG. It was the fact that GGG messed up and saw those accounts as ineligible when they actually should have been.
My life is slipping away...
Addiction is a harsh drug...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info