Proof Twitch Drops were broken

I posted this on Reddit but since not everyone is on Reddit, I'll post a summarized version here:

I prepared my Amazon Prime, Twitch, and PoE account linkage prior to the stream. Part of this preparation was having to reach out to GGG Support to get my Twitch linked up properly. The recommendation was for me to create a DUMMY PoE account and linking it to Twitch and then doing an override with my real account. This proved successful. Everything worked perfect on my REAL account. Here is a screenshot of me working with support and what before/after looked like. https://imgur.com/a/lffFLsG . For reference, this is what my DUMMY PoE account looked like after https://imgur.com/a/umcLtkS . This is also what it looks like today. You can clearly see the linkage is not there.

I watched 16 hours of the stream from my properly linked account. But yet no drops. I saw someone online that said they somehow got drops on an old account. This gave me an idea to check my Dummy account.

Now to clarify my Dummy account. Its entire purpose was only to have a twitch linkage created and then promptly overwritten. It only had twitch access for less than a minute. The real account overwrote the twitch linkage immediately and I confirmed with support that everything was setup correctly for my normal PoE account. This dummy account had 0 hours streamed, had no twitch account, no characters created, the account was NOT EVEN VERIFIED. For no reason should this account even be a thought for twitch drops.

I went ahead and checked the Dummy account and this is what it said: https://imgur.com/a/JsyevdM

Now to clarify, this isn't proof that every single person that had the 16 hour 0 drop issue did exactly what I did to end up with 0 drops. Its PROOF that there is CLEARLY an issue. My properly setup account had 0 drops while the account that never even logged into the stream has 2 drops. I've had people claim(in Reddit of course) that I may have somehow not finished configuring my twitch. I confirmed with Support that everything was setup correctly. Just take this at face value that everything was setup for the real account and nothing was setup for the Dummy account.

The issue falls under two acceptable categories:

1. The user setup something wrong. This is very possible. I know I had to jump through many hoops to make sure my account was 100% correct. I dont see everyone being as in depth as I was.

2. Something IS broken on the Twitch/PoE account linkage that only affects a specific group of accounts.

For reference. The two drops I got from the DUMMY account were duplicates of what I have anyway on my real account so I would have never benefited from the Twitch Drops had they did work correctly. I'm only posting this to help others and confirm that there is indeed an issue. Hope this helps someone.
Last bumped on Nov 22, 2019, 8:56:29 PM
They know. They admitted there was a problem and asked you to be patient.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They know. They admitted there was a problem and asked you to be patient.

Last I heard they confirmed they were done with distributing and that they thought they resolved it. Unless you know something I don't.
the reason twitch gives you mtx (others have paid hard dollars for) is that they wanna sell your gaming habit and your personal data so insurances, governments, rating agencies and banks.

cheating them with linking some account with no info won't make them money and get you something.

it's not a free promotion, you expose yourself to some tech which is far more advanced than the evil, evil "chinese people's rating system". why? cause it's already in place and working well.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 18, 2019, 6:39:27 PM
"
vio wrote:

cheating them with linking some account with no info won't make them money and get you something.

it's not a free promotion

What have you been smoking?

Please read what OP said. Take your weird agenda elsewhere.
"
"
vio wrote:

reread, and, uhm, i apologise. what's been the reason to link a dummy account in the first place?

i hope ggg support can sort that out.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
My account was linked the whole time I watched (like 4-5 hours) and I got no drop...but who cares
"
vio wrote:
"
"
vio wrote:

reread, and, uhm, i apologise. what's been the reason to link a dummy account in the first place?

i hope ggg support can sort that out.

Some reddit thread popped up as a fix for people who had a red message on PoE page saying they weren't eligible for drops. If you linked your twitch account to a new PoE account and then linked back to your main, it'd say that you were now eligible.

Some of us pointed that out to GGG support and they shared it to players who contacted them with a similar problem.

Here I reckon: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/dw8y59/if_youre_having_an_issue_enabling_twitch_prime/

This didn't work for everyone however, even once they were told they were now eligible it was just a visual "fix".
Last edited by Zykor on Nov 20, 2019, 2:28:38 PM
Yeah, my Account was "correctly" linked all the time, I've doublechecked from the beginning. The only thing that kinda bothered me was that it was egligible for Twitch prime drops, not for Twitch drops.

But whatever. Might habe just been unlucky, or the problem was not about the Twitch connection on Poe side of things. I enjoyed exilecon either way.
"
Th3c0r3ok wrote:
Yeah, my Account was "correctly" linked all the time, I've doublechecked from the beginning. The only thing that kinda bothered me was that it was egligible for Twitch prime drops, not for Twitch drops.

But whatever. Might habe just been unlucky, or the problem was not about the Twitch connection on Poe side of things. I enjoyed exilecon either way.

Mine said the same thing, I assumed it meant both Prime and non-Prime were eligible.
I received 3 MTX from Exilecon weekend, albeit late on the Sunday (Monday in NZ)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info