Time in UI is wrong for Ireland since switching into winter time

Hi,

I live in Ireland, and since daylight savings switched on October 28th the time is now off by an hour with the "Show Clock" option (e.g. the in-game UI is showing 22:10 over my flasks whereas the actual local time is 21:10). Chat messages also have incorrect timestamps.

My account on the forum is set to "(GMT) Europe, Dublin" and indeed Ireland is currently in GMT/UTC. The times on the forum itself seem correct.

I'm running on Ubuntu Linux via Steam Play. My /etc/timezone file contains "Europe/Dublin". There have been no changes to Ireland's DST rules in decades. My system clock has no notable drift from NTP. I've not noticed timezone issues anywhere else since the DST switch.

I can't find any existing bugs relating to this, so if you've a chance at some point to look at this very minor UI issue that'd be appreciated.
Last bumped on Nov 19, 2019, 2:52:38 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Do you play any other games using WINE?

If so, are they similarly affected?
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I play other games via Wine occasionally, though I've only been on PoE recently. I don't recall time issues.

Let's see I've Mass Effect 2 installed, but have yet to play it, and usually RPGs will have times on the save files. After that overly long intro, it looks like it also has the issue so this is likely a Wine/Windows issues rather than a PoE one.
Poking around on how to fix this properly hasn't been fruitful, however the workaround of setting TZ= works:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/944#issuecomment-521089770

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info